Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

• help needed forecasting gas rate changes for boiler replacement calculation

hi all,I was wondering if anyone has some ideas...

I am trying to calculate the potential savings of replacing my 12-year old D boiler (which still works perfectly) for a more efficient A-rated one. Based on the most recent annual consumption I arrive on a modest annual saving of only £68, or £1015 over 15 years. The calculation method which seems to be widely used assumes the unit gas rate to stay fixed, which is nonsense of course. It would be better if the calculation would use a variable to reflect any future rate changes.. Does anyone know how of a better method /know of a way to get historical figures that would help establishing trend /know of an organisation that does gas rate projections? Most grateful for any suggestions.

Name:  6B90EB2E-67BA-44B4-8E10-9779F84F5E59.jpeg
Views: 87
Size:  394.1 KB
    Tap below to see the best answer
  • hi all,I was wondering if anyone has some ideas...

I am trying to calculate the potential savings of replacing my 12-year old D boiler (which still works perfectly) for a more efficient A-rated one. Based on the most recent annual consumption I arrive on a modest annual saving of only £68, or £1015 over 15 years. The calculation method which seems to be widely used assumes the unit gas rate to stay fixed, which is nonsense of course. It would be better if the calculation would use a variable to reflect any future rate changes.. Does anyone know how of a better method /know of a way to get historical figures that would help establishing trend /know of an organisation that does gas rate projections? Most grateful for any suggestions.

Name:  6B90EB2E-67BA-44B4-8E10-9779F84F5E59.jpeg
Views: 87
Size:  394.1 KB
    Tap below to see the best answer