• comparison quotes

I have recently done a comparison price quote and could save myself £140 a year by moving. Could Pure planet move on your prices to be more competitive before i decide i want to switch? I know you have reduced the gas price today but that only saves me £35 per year, so there is potentially another £100 saving if I move.
  • I have recently done a comparison price quote and could save myself £140 a year by moving. Could Pure planet move on your prices to be more competitive before i decide i want to switch? I know you have reduced the gas price today but that only saves me £35 per year, so there is potentially another £100 saving if I move.

• Hello @Purest,

Just out of interest, which company is giving you this quote?
  • Hello @Purest,

Just out of interest, which company is giving you this quote?

• Quote Originally Posted by Purest View Post
    I have recently done a comparison price quote and could save myself £140 a year by moving. Could Pure planet move on your prices to be more competitive before i decide i want to switch? I know you have reduced the gas price today but that only saves me £35 per year, so there is potentially another £100 saving if I move.
    Hi there
    When you post here you are talking to your fellow customers, not directly to Pure Planet, though there are staff members who monitor these posts.
    So as a fellow customer, I kind of admire your willingness to haggle on price on behalf of all of us (unless you are looking for your own special rate), but I can't help feeling that asking for a rate cut on the day of a rate cut is the height of optimism!

Be interesting to see your reply to Lenny. Pure Planet have never promised to be the cheapest, but they have promised to reduce prices when wholesale prices allow it, which is what they have done today. It's one of the factors to consider when making your decision about switching...
    Best of luck!
    Stephen
  • Quote Originally Posted by Purest View Post
    Hi there
    When you post here you are talking to your fellow customers, not directly to Pure Planet, though there are staff members who monitor these posts.
    So as a fellow customer, I kind of admire your willingness to haggle on price on behalf of all of us (unless you are looking for your own special rate), but I can't help feeling that asking for a rate cut on the day of a rate cut is the height of optimism!

Be interesting to see your reply to Lenny. Pure Planet have never promised to be the cheapest, but they have promised to reduce prices when wholesale prices allow it, which is what they have done today. It's one of the factors to consider when making your decision about switching...
    Best of luck!
    Stephen

• And is it green energy that you have been quoted on?
  • And is it green energy that you have been quoted on?

• Outfox the Market and then Green Network energy are £130 cheaper
  • Outfox the Market and then Green Network energy are £130 cheaper

• Good afternoon Purest,

I don't think that outfox offers clean gas, they don't get great press, but to be fair to them no energy company is perfect.
    The Green Network Energy worked out more expensive for me.
    I hope you know your exact usage to compare!

​Good luck
  • Good afternoon Purest,

I don't think that outfox offers clean gas, they don't get great press, but to be fair to them no energy company is perfect.
    The Green Network Energy worked out more expensive for me.
    I hope you know your exact usage to compare!

​Good luck

• I agree with Strutt G, I hope Purest that your figures are accurate- if yes, you have a choice which is good.
  • I agree with Strutt G, I hope Purest that your figures are accurate- if yes, you have a choice which is good.

• Hello purist.
    Indeed last months check showed outfox to have a slightly cheaper tariff on electric, however their reviews are varied to be polite and being watched closely by ofgem due to levels of complaints i kind of steer clear myself.
    For me the slightly higher price is worth the security, outfox put a post on facebook saying they not going bust. Haha ratners sprung to mind when i read it.

Obviously its all down to personnal choice.
  • Hello purist.
    Indeed last months check showed outfox to have a slightly cheaper tariff on electric, however their reviews are varied to be polite and being watched closely by ofgem due to levels of complaints i kind of steer clear myself.
    For me the slightly higher price is worth the security, outfox put a post on facebook saying they not going bust. Haha ratners sprung to mind when i read it.

Obviously its all down to personnal choice.