• Text messages to be sent to Members who haven’t submitted meter readings recently

Hi everyone

We’re going to be sending a text message to Pure Planet Members who haven’t sent us meter readings in a while.

As you know we ask for regular monthly meter readings to make sure that your energy usage and monthly bills are on track.

Most Members are really good at sending us a reading when we send out a reminder by email. But a small number - about 20,000 or so of our Members - haven’t sent us a reading for several months, despite getting the email to remind them.

If you haven’t sent us a reading for several months you’ll get an SMS text message from us this week or next. The text message will be a reminder to send us a reading ASAP, and will include a link to your app so you can send easily.

If you’re on the Priority Services Register, or you’ve just had a SMETS2 smart meter installed by us, you won’t get a text message.

After we've sent you a text message, if you still don’t send us a reading, we’ll send you another message. A handful of Members who haven’t sent us a reading for more than a year will get a phone call.

Please send us regular meter readings once a month. It helps to keep your energy use and payments on track.

Finally, it's worth remembering that you can only send meter readings once every 24 hours. If you try to re-send them sooner, the ‘send’ button will be greyed out and we’ll let you know that we don’t need another reading just yet!

That’s it. Any questions? Let’s talk about them in the replies below.
    Community Manager - Pure Planet

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
  • Hi everyone

We’re going to be sending a text message to Pure Planet Members who haven’t sent us meter readings in a while.

As you know we ask for regular monthly meter readings to make sure that your energy usage and monthly bills are on track.

Most Members are really good at sending us a reading when we send out a reminder by email. But a small number - about 20,000 or so of our Members - haven’t sent us a reading for several months, despite getting the email to remind them.

If you haven’t sent us a reading for several months you’ll get an SMS text message from us this week or next. The text message will be a reminder to send us a reading ASAP, and will include a link to your app so you can send easily.

If you’re on the Priority Services Register, or you’ve just had a SMETS2 smart meter installed by us, you won’t get a text message.

After we've sent you a text message, if you still don’t send us a reading, we’ll send you another message. A handful of Members who haven’t sent us a reading for more than a year will get a phone call.

Please send us regular meter readings once a month. It helps to keep your energy use and payments on track.

Finally, it's worth remembering that you can only send meter readings once every 24 hours. If you try to re-send them sooner, the ‘send’ button will be greyed out and we’ll let you know that we don’t need another reading just yet!

That’s it. Any questions? Let’s talk about them in the replies below.

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
  • Super idea 👍👍👏👏👏👏👏
    Peace is always beautiful.

WALT WHITMAN
  • Super idea 👍👍👏👏👏👏👏
    Peace is always beautiful.

WALT WHITMAN
  • I thought i used to receive push notifications for my meter readings but that seems to have recently stopped. I think thats a much more proactive way of getting users to submit readings. I just submitted last night because i had lost the emails among the vast amount of other stuff in my mailbox, which i dont review everyday. But have push notifications stopped or is it my phone setup?
  • I thought i used to receive push notifications for my meter readings but that seems to have recently stopped. I think thats a much more proactive way of getting users to submit readings. I just submitted last night because i had lost the emails among the vast amount of other stuff in my mailbox, which i dont review everyday. But have push notifications stopped or is it my phone setup?
  • Quote Originally Posted by GemmaASNelson View Post
    I thought i used to receive push notifications for my meter readings but that seems to have recently stopped. I think thats a much more proactive way of getting users to submit readings. I just submitted last night because i had lost the emails among the vast amount of other stuff in my mailbox, which i dont review everyday. But have push notifications stopped or is it my phone setup?
    Hi @GemmaASNelson
    Welcome to the community and thanks for posting!
    We don't have app notifications just yet, but it's def on the roadmap, quite a few of our Members have asked for them.
    We're going to bring in app notifications in a way that Members can choose which ones to get, as some people don't like them.
    So for now it's email reminders. We send them to you once a month. Unless you've just sent us a reading

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
  • Quote Originally Posted by GemmaASNelson View Post
    I thought i used to receive push notifications for my meter readings but that seems to have recently stopped. I think thats a much more proactive way of getting users to submit readings. I just submitted last night because i had lost the emails among the vast amount of other stuff in my mailbox, which i dont review everyday. But have push notifications stopped or is it my phone setup?
    Hi @GemmaASNelson
    Welcome to the community and thanks for posting!
    We don't have app notifications just yet, but it's def on the roadmap, quite a few of our Members have asked for them.
    We're going to bring in app notifications in a way that Members can choose which ones to get, as some people don't like them.
    So for now it's email reminders. We send them to you once a month. Unless you've just sent us a reading

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​