• First Bill

Hello,

I have received my first bill, which I think is way over priced considering I wasn’t living in the house at the time so very little electric and gas was being used. The bill has no instruction on how to pay, it’s registered to the occupier, it has no reference number and gives very little detail! It explains that it has to be paid by tomorrow but no way of doing so.
    Can someone please point me in the right direction?!

Thanks
    Megan
    Tap below to see the best answer
  • Hello,

I have received my first bill, which I think is way over priced considering I wasn’t living in the house at the time so very little electric and gas was being used. The bill has no instruction on how to pay, it’s registered to the occupier, it has no reference number and gives very little detail! It explains that it has to be paid by tomorrow but no way of doing so.
    Can someone please point me in the right direction?!

Thanks
    Megan
    Tap below to see the best answer

• Best Answer

Hi Megan
    As this is your first post, welcome to the Pure Planet community! When you post here you are talking to your fellow customers, not directly to Pure Planet.
    It's a little difficult from your post to work out what might be happening. It sounds as if you might just have moved in to a home new to you - in which case you will need to sign up with Pure Planet as a customer.
    Pure Planet works by quoting you a direct debit payment which starts operating when you switch, and then you send in your meter readings each month. So you don't really get s bill, you get a monthly statement showing your usage and your direct debit payments.
    If I'm right, the previous occupiers should have sent in a final reading. You need to sign up to Pure Planet asap (you can switch away any time you like) and establish your own account so you don't get charged for the previous occupiers usage.
    Final question - have you checked the current meter readings against what is on this bill?
    If after this you want to contact Pure Planet, go to the app, find the three bars in the top right corner select Help then choose Wattbot, put'message the team'in the subject box, explain the situation and they promise to get back to you within two working days.
    Hope you can get it sorted, let us know how you get on.
    Stephen
  • Hi Megan
    As this is your first post, welcome to the Pure Planet community! When you post here you are talking to your fellow customers, not directly to Pure Planet.
    It's a little difficult from your post to work out what might be happening. It sounds as if you might just have moved in to a home new to you - in which case you will need to sign up with Pure Planet as a customer.
    Pure Planet works by quoting you a direct debit payment which starts operating when you switch, and then you send in your meter readings each month. So you don't really get s bill, you get a monthly statement showing your usage and your direct debit payments.
    If I'm right, the previous occupiers should have sent in a final reading. You need to sign up to Pure Planet asap (you can switch away any time you like) and establish your own account so you don't get charged for the previous occupiers usage.
    Final question - have you checked the current meter readings against what is on this bill?
    If after this you want to contact Pure Planet, go to the app, find the three bars in the top right corner select Help then choose Wattbot, put'message the team'in the subject box, explain the situation and they promise to get back to you within two working days.
    Hope you can get it sorted, let us know how you get on.
    Stephen

• hi Megan
    by far the easiest way is to use the app but to also point out there is a facility for making one-off payments in your circumstances.
    PP know the system they have in place for your situation isn't perfect and it's being looked at.
    Here's a link
  • hi Megan
    by far the easiest way is to use the app but to also point out there is a facility for making one-off payments in your circumstances.
    PP know the system they have in place for your situation isn't perfect and it's being looked at.
    Here's a link