Poll: What's the best ever biscuit?

• Fox's Choclatey Milk Rounds
  • Fox's Choclatey Milk Rounds
  • Oh yes @Strutt G - πŸ’™ a garibaldi, eating some now with a cuppa tea 🍡
  • Oh yes @Strutt G - πŸ’™ a garibaldi, eating some now with a cuppa tea 🍡
  • My favourite is...."drum roll"..... whatever is open in the biscuil barrel at the time.... I'm really easy to please.
    Gray4276
  • My favourite is...."drum roll"..... whatever is open in the biscuil barrel at the time.... I'm really easy to please.
    Gray4276
  • oh well....I suppose we'll all be eating squashed flies < soon...
    (disclaimer- I'm not a garibaldi fan)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scubaseahorse View Post
    Oh yes @Strutt G - οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½ a garibaldi, eating some now with a cuppa tea οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½
  • oh well....I suppose we'll all be eating squashed flies < soon...
    (disclaimer- I'm not a garibaldi fan)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scubaseahorse View Post
    Oh yes @Strutt G - οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½ a garibaldi, eating some now with a cuppa tea οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½
  • Squashed flies it is then πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ˜ƒ @woz
  • Squashed flies it is then πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ˜ƒ @woz
  • News just in! Tesco have butchered the old Custard cream by adding fruit to it...Rhubarb!
  • News just in! Tesco have butchered the old Custard cream by adding fruit to it...Rhubarb!
  • I've never liked the creamed filled biscuits, but Jowl are you saying your not gonna give them a go.
    I'm pondering cos its Rhubarb.

Forgot to mention Its hard to beat a dark choc digestive but they have got be refrigerated.
  • I've never liked the creamed filled biscuits, but Jowl are you saying your not gonna give them a go.

Forgot to mention Its hard to beat a dark choc digestive but they have got be refrigerated.
  • Can't see me giving anythign with Rhubarb in a go to be honest.

Agree totally with the Dark choc digestives though. mmmmmmmm
  • Can't see me giving anythign with Rhubarb in a go to be honest.

Agree totally with the Dark choc digestives though. mmmmmmmm
  • ahhh...that old chestnut (pardon the pun if that is a pun)...Rhubarb and Custard...
    Name:  roobarb3-r.jpg
Views: 41
Size:  12.3 KB
    Quote Originally Posted by Jowl View Post
    News just in! Tesco have butchered the old Custard cream by adding fruit to it...Rhubarb!
    Last edited by woz; 07-05-19 at 22:25.
  • ahhh...that old chestnut (pardon the pun if that is a pun)...Rhubarb and Custard...
    Name:  roobarb3-r.jpg
Views: 41
Size:  12.3 KB
    Quote Originally Posted by Jowl View Post
    News just in! Tesco have butchered the old Custard cream by adding fruit to it...Rhubarb!
  • Quote Originally Posted by Strutt G View Post

The rhubarb has definitely intrigued me.. I want to try them even if it's just to say how gross they are

And why refrigerated??
    I'm thinking that could help the chocolate stay intact when dunked in tea but have never tried it...
    (I think I'd only ever have a digestive if it was with a cuppa!)
    • The first snow of winter arrives! β›„ Have you had snow yet?
    • Wondering how to keep Christmas eco-friendly? We're sharing our top tipsπŸ’šπŸŽ…β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹
    • Enter your photos in November's photo challenge - Illuminations βœ¨β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹
    • How much do you know about renewable energy?πŸ€”β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹ Find out in our quiz!

The rhubarb has definitely intrigued me.. I want to try them even if it's just to say how gross they are

And why refrigerated??
    I'm thinking that could help the chocolate stay intact when dunked in tea but have never tried it...
    (I think I'd only ever have a digestive if it was with a cuppa!)
    • The first snow of winter arrives! β›„ Have you had snow yet?
    • Wondering how to keep Christmas eco-friendly? We're sharing our top tipsπŸ’šπŸŽ…β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹
    • Enter your photos in November's photo challenge - Illuminations βœ¨β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹
    • How much do you know about renewable energy?πŸ€”β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹ Find out in our quiz!
  • Anything refrigerated hurts my gnashers nowadays 😬πŸ’₯, I have to get it out three weeks in advance if I want to eat it πŸ™ƒπŸ˜πŸ€£πŸ˜†
    Peace is always beautiful.

WALT WHITMAN
  • Anything refrigerated hurts my gnashers nowadays 😬πŸ’₯, I have to get it out three weeks in advance if I want to eat it πŸ™ƒπŸ˜πŸ€£πŸ˜†
    Peace is always beautiful.

WALT WHITMAN
  • Lemon puffs but not with the dry toppings more into the sticky wet tops and bottoms even though it sounds a bit rude. Great for dunking as well.
  • Lemon puffs but not with the dry toppings more into the sticky wet tops and bottoms even though it sounds a bit rude. Great for dunking as well.
  • You are 'Nicey,' and I hereby claim my prize for spotting the subtle clue to your secret identity. ​

Quote Originally Posted by Strutt G View Post
    Great poll by the way Nat. Back in the day I used to bang on about Abbey Crunch.
  • You are 'Nicey,' and I hereby claim my prize for spotting the subtle clue to your secret identity. ​

Quote Originally Posted by Strutt G View Post
    Great poll by the way Nat. Back in the day I used to bang on about Abbey Crunch.
  • Oh, and in answer to best biscuits:

'Dove's Farm Lemon Zest Cookies'.
  • Oh, and in answer to best biscuits:

'Dove's Farm Lemon Zest Cookies'.
  • Thats funny Gwyndy because I've just returned from the super market with Doves Farm Wholemeal Digestives.
    I'm still scratching my head on your last message
  • Thats funny Gwyndy because I've just returned from the super market with Doves Farm Wholemeal Digestives.
    I'm still scratching my head on your last message
    Thats funny Gwyndy because I've just returned from the super market with Doves Farm Wholemeal Digestives. I'm still scratching my head on your last message
    I can't believe this.
    We are talking about biscuits, am I truly the only person who knows who 'Nicey and Wifey' are?
    Please, please, tell me I'm not the only person who followed 'NiceCupOfTeaAndASitDown'? ​

Is this a double-bluff on Strutt G's part?

​Concerned of Llandybie. ​​
    Last edited by Gwyndy; 10-05-19 at 16:46.
    Thats funny Gwyndy because I've just returned from the super market with Doves Farm Wholemeal Digestives. I'm still scratching my head on your last message
    I can't believe this.
    We are talking about biscuits, am I truly the only person who knows who 'Nicey and Wifey' are?
    Please, please, tell me I'm not the only person who followed 'NiceCupOfTeaAndASitDown'? ​

Is this a double-bluff on Strutt G's part?

​Concerned of Llandybie. ​​
  • Appears so and I'm completely phased
  • Appears so and I'm completely phased
  • They even have a book, perhaps their 'fame' did not spread as far as I thought.
    Name:  NiceCupOfTeaAndASitDown.jpg
Views: 20
Size:  36.6 KB

Anyway, 'Nicey' wrote this review, and when you mentioned 'Abbey Crunch' it seemed awfully familiar.

Abbey Crunch
    Monday 29 Oct 2001

This is for me a landmark biscuit. It lies at the edge of a dark age of sad miserable clear wrapped biscuits, and vibrant concept biscuits like the HobNob. Indeed with the Abbey Crunch which McVities refers to as "The Original Oat biscuit", one wonders if the HobNob would have been possible. The Abbey Crunch led the vanguard of these new biscuits not being afraid to have an almost sickening but not quite level of sugar.Yet despite its eye catching trademark blue packet, the Abbey Crunch still dresses itself in tradition. Its very name suggests that monks had been knocking them out since the middle ages, therefore allowing my Nan to comfortably buy a packet in the mid Seventies a low point for biscuit innovation, and there by dazzle my formative biscuit palette.
    Today the Abbey Crunch seems a little dated, its relatively small diameter, its ridiculously high sugar content. However, the thrill of a new packet of Abbey Crunch still remains one of the highlights of the biscuit world.
    Name:  abbeycrunch.jpg
Views: 18
Size:  5.6 KB
    Last edited by Gwyndy; 10-05-19 at 16:57.
  • They even have a book, perhaps their 'fame' did not spread as far as I thought.
    Name:  NiceCupOfTeaAndASitDown.jpg
Views: 20
Size:  36.6 KB

Anyway, 'Nicey' wrote this review, and when you mentioned 'Abbey Crunch' it seemed awfully familiar.

Abbey Crunch
    Monday 29 Oct 2001

This is for me a landmark biscuit. It lies at the edge of a dark age of sad miserable clear wrapped biscuits, and vibrant concept biscuits like the HobNob. Indeed with the Abbey Crunch which McVities refers to as "The Original Oat biscuit", one wonders if the HobNob would have been possible. The Abbey Crunch led the vanguard of these new biscuits not being afraid to have an almost sickening but not quite level of sugar.Yet despite its eye catching trademark blue packet, the Abbey Crunch still dresses itself in tradition. Its very name suggests that monks had been knocking them out since the middle ages, therefore allowing my Nan to comfortably buy a packet in the mid Seventies a low point for biscuit innovation, and there by dazzle my formative biscuit palette.
    Today the Abbey Crunch seems a little dated, its relatively small diameter, its ridiculously high sugar content. However, the thrill of a new packet of Abbey Crunch still remains one of the highlights of the biscuit world.
    Name:  abbeycrunch.jpg
Views: 18
Size:  5.6 KB
  • All the biscuits look familiar, old school and traditional including what looks like the malt biscuit with the animal.
    Just cant say I've ever seen or noticed the brand name..

ha ha sorry no bluffing just blinkered
  • All the biscuits look familiar, old school and traditional including what looks like the malt biscuit with the animal.
    Just cant say I've ever seen or noticed the brand name..

ha ha sorry no bluffing just blinkered
  • Gwyndy is the communities biscuit historian
    Ah the image of the Abbey Crunch, brings a tear....
    Last edited by Strutt G; 10-05-19 at 17:02.
  • Gwyndy is the communities biscuit historian
    Ah the image of the Abbey Crunch, brings a tear....