Poll: What's the best ever biscuit?

• What's the best ever biscuit?

It's about time this age-old debate is settled once and for all...

Which biscuit rules them all?

Should jaffa cakes even be included? Are they a biscuit!?

Which is the best biscuit for tea-dunking? Structural integrity is key..
    • The first snow of winter arrives! โ›„ Have you had snow yet?
    • Wondering how to keep Christmas eco-friendly? We're sharing our top tips๐Ÿ’š๐ŸŽ…โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹
    • Enter your photos in November's photo challenge - Illuminations โœจโ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹
    • How much do you know about renewable energy?๐Ÿค”โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹ Find out in our quiz!
  • It's about time this age-old debate is settled once and for all...

Which biscuit rules them all?

Should jaffa cakes even be included? Are they a biscuit!?

Which is the best biscuit for tea-dunking? Structural integrity is key..
    • The first snow of winter arrives! โ›„ Have you had snow yet?
    • Wondering how to keep Christmas eco-friendly? We're sharing our top tips๐Ÿ’š๐ŸŽ…โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹
    • Enter your photos in November's photo challenge - Illuminations โœจโ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹
    • How much do you know about renewable energy?๐Ÿค”โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹ Find out in our quiz!
  • This is like Sophie's Choice, wish you could vote for more than one! I'm going to have to go with Shortbread I think. Nice and versatile - and strong enough to withstand a few dips into a cup of tea!
  • This is like Sophie's Choice, wish you could vote for more than one! I'm going to have to go with Shortbread I think. Nice and versatile - and strong enough to withstand a few dips into a cup of tea!
  • Has to be a ginger nut every time. Slightly spicy, good crunch and utterly dippable
  • Has to be a ginger nut every time. Slightly spicy, good crunch and utterly dippable
  • Blessed be the Hobnob zealots.
  • Blessed be the Hobnob zealots.
  • haha great poll!
    A perfect opportunity to complain about McVities reducing the pack size on the 500g digestives to 400g and keeping the (very high) price the same.
    How is it that everyone else who makes digestives manages to sell them a lot cheaper.
    โ€‹I know some aren't as nice, I can't recommend the Lidl (ugh! taste awful) or Morrisons or Tesco but the M&S ones are perfectly acceptable and almost half the price.
    I don't buy McVities anymore.
    Digestive dunkability isn't perfect, slightly too big and timing is very critical...

A good candidate for the next Ig Nobel prize here I think, dunkability timing vs. molecular bonding within the biscuit...
  • haha great poll!
    A perfect opportunity to complain about McVities reducing the pack size on the 500g digestives to 400g and keeping the (very high) price the same.
    How is it that everyone else who makes digestives manages to sell them a lot cheaper.
    โ€‹I know some aren't as nice, I can't recommend the Lidl (ugh! taste awful) or Morrisons or Tesco but the M&S ones are perfectly acceptable and almost half the price.
    I don't buy McVities anymore.
    Digestive dunkability isn't perfect, slightly too big and timing is very critical...

A good candidate for the next Ig Nobel prize here I think, dunkability timing vs. molecular bonding within the biscuit...
  • haha, we're going to need another poll for how many dips are optimum...
    Poor absorbency on shortbreads, so multiple dipping.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Donoghue View Post
    This is like Sophie's Choice, wish you could vote for more than one! I'm going to have to go with Shortbread I think. Nice and versatile - and strong enough to withstand a few dips into a cup of tea!
  • haha, we're going to need another poll for how many dips are optimum...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Donoghue View Post
    This is like Sophie's Choice, wish you could vote for more than one! I'm going to have to go with Shortbread I think. Nice and versatile - and strong enough to withstand a few dips into a cup of tea!
  • Perhaps Hestons on it
  • Perhaps Hestons on it
  • Great poll by the way Nat.
    Back in the day I used to bang on about Abbey Crunch.
    As I banged on about them so much my girl friend surprised me with a specially wrapped up pyramid around 100 packets.
    I never ate one again, now their discontinued and I fancy one.
    I do like those cookie thangs with peanuts on, but like hobnobs once you open the packet its hard to stop munching, so mostly I avoid.

Whats the difference between a biscuit and cookie?
    Last edited by Strutt G; 03-05-19 at 16:49.
  • Great poll by the way Nat.
    Back in the day I used to bang on about Abbey Crunch.
    As I banged on about them so much my girl friend surprised me with a specially wrapped up pyramid around 100 packets.
    I never ate one again, now their discontinued and I fancy one.
    I do like those cookie thangs with peanuts on, but like hobnobs once you open the packet its hard to stop munching, so mostly I avoid.

• Youโ€™ll be after a Polly badge next Nat ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

Great Polly, but have to say hardly ever ever ever touch biscuits๐Ÿช๐Ÿช. Guess, at a push, itโ€™s digestive or Jaffa, but donโ€™t eat anywhere near enough to call either my favourite, so canโ€™t really vote. Seriously probably buy one pack of biscuits a year max ๐Ÿ™€๐Ÿ˜‚
    Peace is always beautiful.

WALT WHITMAN
  • Youโ€™ll be after a Polly badge next Nat ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

Great Polly, but have to say hardly ever ever ever touch biscuits๐Ÿช๐Ÿช. Guess, at a push, itโ€™s digestive or Jaffa, but donโ€™t eat anywhere near enough to call either my favourite, so canโ€™t really vote. Seriously probably buy one pack of biscuits a year max ๐Ÿ™€๐Ÿ˜‚

WALT WHITMAN
  • Quote Originally Posted by Strutt G View Post

The Atlantic Ocean?
  • Quote Originally Posted by Strutt G View Post

The Atlantic Ocean?
  • Great answer Lenny and not the one I was expecting..chuckle chuckle

Bev, what about savoury like an oatcake biscuit
  • Great answer Lenny and not the one I was expecting..chuckle chuckle

Bev, what about savoury like an oatcake biscuit
  • Absolutely Strutt ๐Ÿ‘, spot on, love all kinds of savoury biscuits, but theyโ€™re considered a cracker not really a biscuit, I class biscuits as the sweet sort, and always had a savoury palate. Do love the oatcakes, and adored crackers and cheese since a kid. Think I always will ๐Ÿง€๐Ÿง€๐Ÿง€๐Ÿง€๐Ÿง€๐Ÿ‘

WALT WHITMAN
  • Absolutely Strutt ๐Ÿ‘, spot on, love all kinds of savoury biscuits, but theyโ€™re considered a cracker not really a biscuit, I class biscuits as the sweet sort, and always had a savoury palate. Do love the oatcakes, and adored crackers and cheese since a kid. Think I always will ๐Ÿง€๐Ÿง€๐Ÿง€๐Ÿง€๐Ÿง€๐Ÿ‘

WALT WHITMAN
  • Shortbread every time as a dunker. But in reality any biscuit will do, except for a custard cream - can't stand them ๐Ÿ˜•๐Ÿ˜•
  • Shortbread every time as a dunker. But in reality any biscuit will do, except for a custard cream - can't stand them ๐Ÿ˜•๐Ÿ˜•
  • I don't like hob nobs. Urgh. However, bourbon is the biscuits of kings I've moved supermarkets when the changed supplier / recipe before. I remember when the factory in Carlisle flooded and there was a severe shortage. Dark times indeed.

Custard creams are fine, Jaffa's I can destroy multiple packets at a time, I like a good ginger while watching F1 on a Sunday.

Digestive are quite versatile - a dunker, a soaker-upper or even with some cream cheese on. Similar with Rich tea - but a thinner crispier cut.
    Choc Digestive are a nice treat on the odd occasion - but it has to Mcvities.
    Shortbread is a bit posh for us so we feel a step up in Class when we eat them
  • I don't like hob nobs. Urgh. However, bourbon is the biscuits of kings I've moved supermarkets when the changed supplier / recipe before. I remember when the factory in Carlisle flooded and there was a severe shortage. Dark times indeed.

Custard creams are fine, Jaffa's I can destroy multiple packets at a time, I like a good ginger while watching F1 on a Sunday.

Digestive are quite versatile - a dunker, a soaker-upper or even with some cream cheese on. Similar with Rich tea - but a thinner crispier cut.
    Choc Digestive are a nice treat on the odd occasion - but it has to Mcvities.
    Shortbread is a bit posh for us so we feel a step up in Class when we eat them
  • Quote Originally Posted by woz View Post
    haha, we're going to need another poll for how many dips are optimum...
    I think dunking is a skill. Just the right amount between softness, soggyness and not dropping it into your cup. Gingers are beginner level for dunking. Bourbons must more advanced.
  • Quote Originally Posted by woz View Post
    haha, we're going to need another poll for how many dips are optimum...
    I think dunking is a skill. Just the right amount between softness, soggyness and not dropping it into your cup. Gingers are beginner level for dunking. Bourbons must more advanced.
  • What you do think about the Fig Biscuit. I would never dream of eating figs normally (I'm not a health eater tbh) but I class fig biscuits as one of my 5 a day
  • What you do think about the Fig Biscuit. I would never dream of eating figs normally (I'm not a health eater tbh) but I class fig biscuits as one of my 5 a day
  • I like figs, Um not sure about the old fig biscuit and on the rare occasion I have one its the outer biscuit I have a problem with.
    If I remember correctly its sort of soft but not quite spongy.
    What about a garibaldi.
  • I like figs, Um not sure about the old fig biscuit and on the rare occasion I have one its the outer biscuit I have a problem with.
    If I remember correctly its sort of soft but not quite spongy.
    What about a garibaldi.
  • Garibaldi - always laughed at the name when I was a kid. Not a fan - again, fruit in it. Fig is the only exception.

And Lemon Puffs - the original and best lemon puffs, not these fake 'Lemon Creams'
  • Garibaldi - always laughed at the name when I was a kid. Not a fan - again, fruit in it. Fig is the only exception.

And Lemon Puffs - the original and best lemon puffs, not these fake 'Lemon Creams'
  • Ha ha Lemon Puff's Wow, Jowl you are the biscuit rebel
    Last edited by Strutt G; 05-05-19 at 10:46.
  • Ha ha Lemon Puff's Wow, Jowl you are the biscuit rebel
  • Ugh fig rolls ๐Ÿคฎ๐Ÿคฎ๐Ÿคฎ๐Ÿคฎ๐Ÿคฎ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ‘Ž๐Ÿ‘Ž๐Ÿ‘Ž๐Ÿ‘Ž. They make ya ๐Ÿ’ฉ๐Ÿ’ฉ๐Ÿ’ฉ๐Ÿ’ฉ๐Ÿ’ฉ๐Ÿ’ฉfor England!

ooooooh yes do like the odd Garibaldi ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

WALT WHITMAN
  • Ugh fig rolls ๐Ÿคฎ๐Ÿคฎ๐Ÿคฎ๐Ÿคฎ๐Ÿคฎ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ‘Ž๐Ÿ‘Ž๐Ÿ‘Ž๐Ÿ‘Ž. They make ya ๐Ÿ’ฉ๐Ÿ’ฉ๐Ÿ’ฉ๐Ÿ’ฉ๐Ÿ’ฉ๐Ÿ’ฉfor England!

ooooooh yes do like the odd Garibaldi ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

WALT WHITMAN