Poll: What's the best ever biscuit?

• Quote Originally Posted by Strutt G View Post
    All the biscuits look familiar, old school and traditional including what looks like the malt biscuit with the animal.
    Just cant say I've ever seen or noticed the brand name..

ha ha sorry no bluffing just blinkered
    My apologies for the confusion Strutt G
    All the biscuits look familiar, old school and traditional including what looks like the malt biscuit with the animal.
    Just cant say I've ever seen or noticed the brand name..

ha ha sorry no bluffing just blinkered
    My apologies for the confusion Strutt G
  • Ha ha no apologies... its been fascinating, fun and informative.
    This poll is still alive and looking forward to more biscuit reviews.
  • Ha ha no apologies... its been fascinating, fun and informative.
    This poll is still alive and looking forward to more biscuit reviews.
  • Any biscuit is the best biscuit if it's sitting next to my cuppa! (Not be there for long tho)
    However, I do luuuurve several Jammy Dodgers!
  • Any biscuit is the best biscuit if it's sitting next to my cuppa! (Not be there for long tho)
    However, I do luuuurve several Jammy Dodgers!
  • Showing my advancing age here.
    Back in the late 70s/early 80s, my father was a delivery van driver for the Co-op. One day, he came home really late from work, and my mother, to put it mildly was 'not best pleased' because his tea was spoiled.
    Anyway, for once, my dad came out on tops, instead of the normal excuses about a delay somewhere amongst the delivery drops, my dad explained that he'd come across a broken down 'Burton's' Lorry. So, being a fellow delivery driver, he gave the guy a lift to the nearest payphone so that he could report the breakdown, then went back to wait with the driver to see if they could fix whatever was wrong with the tools they had between them.
    I don't know what the issue turned out to be, but the must have fixed it, because my dad came home with boxes of biscuits as a 'thank you' - I was eating Jammie Dodgers, Maryland Cookies, and Wagon Wheels for what at the time, felt like forever, afterwards.
  • Showing my advancing age here.
    Back in the late 70s/early 80s, my father was a delivery van driver for the Co-op. One day, he came home really late from work, and my mother, to put it mildly was 'not best pleased' because his tea was spoiled.
    Anyway, for once, my dad came out on tops, instead of the normal excuses about a delay somewhere amongst the delivery drops, my dad explained that he'd come across a broken down 'Burton's' Lorry. So, being a fellow delivery driver, he gave the guy a lift to the nearest payphone so that he could report the breakdown, then went back to wait with the driver to see if they could fix whatever was wrong with the tools they had between them.
    I don't know what the issue turned out to be, but the must have fixed it, because my dad came home with boxes of biscuits as a 'thank you' - I was eating Jammie Dodgers, Maryland Cookies, and Wagon Wheels for what at the time, felt like forever, afterwards.
  • Brilliant Story.... and I remember the broken biscuits in a brown box early to mid 70's, loved all the mixed up crumbs
    Last edited by Strutt G; 10-05-19 at 18:38.
  • Brilliant Story.... and I remember the broken biscuits in a brown box early to mid 70's, loved all the mixed up crumbs
  • So far Hobnobs are winning with shortbread in close 2nd... does this mean I'm strange for not liking them?!

Though of course if they're the only biscuit left in the jar I wouldn't say no...
  • So far Hobnobs are winning with shortbread in close 2nd... does this mean I'm strange for not liking them?!

Though of course if they're the only biscuit left in the jar I wouldn't say no...
  • Hey Nat, Perhaps you should consider hobnob hypnosis, but to be honest once I've steamed a packet..I think I'm steering clear because they are just too addictive.
  • Hey Nat, Perhaps you should consider hobnob hypnosis, but to be honest once I've steamed a packet..I think I'm steering clear because they are just too addictive.
  • How to resist!?
    @Strutt G good idea, no one can have 'just one biscuit' can they? One becomes two and two becomes five...

Name:  biscuits.jpg
Views: 43
Size:  104.3 KB
  • How to resist!?
    @Strutt G good idea, no one can have 'just one biscuit' can they? One becomes two and two becomes five...

• Just buy the biscuits you can't stand?
  • Just buy the biscuits you can't stand?
  • LOL at that photo Nat πŸ™€πŸ™€πŸ™€πŸ™€πŸ™€, that’s insane! πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
    Peace is always beautiful.

WALT WHITMAN
  • LOL at that photo Nat πŸ™€πŸ™€πŸ™€πŸ™€πŸ™€, that’s insane! πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

WALT WHITMAN
  • Quote Originally Posted by Bev View Post
    LOL at that photo Nat, that’s insane!
    What's insane @Bev is that there's Bisto gravy right next to the biscuit jar
    Community Manager - Pure Planet

• Quote Originally Posted by Bev View Post
    LOL at that photo Nat, that’s insane!
    What's insane @Bev is that there's Bisto gravy right next to the biscuit jar

• πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚I did notice that too, do you pour gravy on your Bourbons Nat JK JKπŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰πŸ™ƒπŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£. Bisto has to be handyπŸ‘, it’s gorge!

Isn’t it funny tho how the human race ALWAYS does that with photos?! πŸ™€It happens so often, how we steer away from the subject and observe something else. Human nature .........

Colleague at work with her iphone....”that’s my baby boy when he was just one week old πŸ˜ŠπŸ˜Šβ€

Colleague two .....”oooooooh are those blinds from Hillary’s? I LOVE them!”

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚You gotta laugh! The human race!

WALT WHITMAN
  • πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚I did notice that too, do you pour gravy on your Bourbons Nat JK JKπŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰πŸ™ƒπŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£. Bisto has to be handyπŸ‘, it’s gorge!

Isn’t it funny tho how the human race ALWAYS does that with photos?! πŸ™€It happens so often, how we steer away from the subject and observe something else. Human nature .........

Colleague at work with her iphone....”that’s my baby boy when he was just one week old πŸ˜ŠπŸ˜Šβ€

Colleague two .....”oooooooh are those blinds from Hillary’s? I LOVE them!”

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚You gotta laugh! The human race!

WALT WHITMAN
  • Β£1.29 for digestives? Outrageous!!
    Try the M+S ones, 50p and 98% satisfactory.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nataly View Post
    How to resist!?

• Β£1.29 for digestives? Outrageous!!
    How to resist!?

• Who's dunking their biscuits in a Chicken Bisto cuppa
  • Who's dunking their biscuits in a Chicken Bisto cuppa
  • Is now a good time to mention that this is the office biscuit supply and not just all mine?
    Or is it too late for anyone to believe me...

@Strutt G you mean you DON'T dunk in Bisto?! It's all the rage nowadays. Who needs chocolate eh
    @woz nice review, good biscuit knowledge! We also think the M+S jaffa cakes are better too.

Quote Originally Posted by woz View Post
    What's the missing 2% for?
  • Is now a good time to mention that this is the office biscuit supply and not just all mine?

@Strutt G you mean you DON'T dunk in Bisto?! It's all the rage nowadays. Who needs chocolate eh
    @woz nice review, good biscuit knowledge! We also think the M+S jaffa cakes are better too.

Quote Originally Posted by woz View Post
  • Haha. The 2% is my insurance policy if you try them and say they "aren't quite as good" as McVities.
    I'm used to them now and I think the texture is actually better than McV, the brown sugar makes them just a bit crunchy. Taste,very good but you get used to your brand.
    as for the Lidl digestives...I'm still recovering from the taste..
    Office biscuits eh? hmmm
    Bisto in the office...there has to be a story in there...fake tan perhaps?
    Is now a good time to mention that this is the office biscuit supply and not just all mine?

• Haha. The 2% is my insurance policy if you try them and say they "aren't quite as good" as McVities.
    I'm used to them now and I think the texture is actually better than McV, the brown sugar makes them just a bit crunchy. Taste,very good but you get used to your brand.
    as for the Lidl digestives...I'm still recovering from the taste..
    Office biscuits eh? hmmm
    Bisto in the office...there has to be a story in there...fake tan perhaps?
    Is now a good time to mention that this is the office biscuit supply and not just all mine?

• Quote Originally Posted by Nataly View Post
    I considered that possibility, then wondered what kind of office needs its own Bisto supply?

Back when I worked in the NHS, one of my colleagues loved to team-build by making us breakfast when we had an early start, even we never went so far as to have Bisto in the office kitchen - the kippers and bacon were bad enough so far as the rest of the building was concerned.
    ​
    Last edited by Gwyndy; 17-05-19 at 14:59.

• Quote Originally Posted by Nataly View Post
    I considered that possibility, then wondered what kind of office needs its own Bisto supply?

Back when I worked in the NHS, one of my colleagues loved to team-build by making us breakfast when we had an early start, even we never went so far as to have Bisto in the office kitchen - the kippers and bacon were bad enough so far as the rest of the building was concerned.
    ​
  • Quote Originally Posted by Gwyndy View Post

The best kind!
    Do you mean that you don't keep Bisto near the biscuits at home @Gwyndy ?

• Quote Originally Posted by Gwyndy View Post

The best kind!
    Do you mean that you don't keep Bisto near the biscuits at home @Gwyndy ?

Whats the difference between a biscuit and cookie?
    The American inability to understand that if it's not 'baked twice,' it can't be a 'biscuit.'
    ​

Whats the difference between a biscuit and cookie?
    The American inability to understand that if it's not 'baked twice,' it can't be a 'biscuit.'
    ​
  • Ah 2 relevant answers from Lenny and Gwyndy.
    But what do I know I just put out there....I have read that a cookie (baked in the UK) is classed as being more decedent.
  • Ah 2 relevant answers from Lenny and Gwyndy.
    But what do I know I just put out there....I have read that a cookie (baked in the UK) is classed as being more decedent.