• Win 2 places at Fully Charged Live 2019

This year’s Fully Charged Live event at Silverstone is taking place on 7, 8 and 9 June… Would you like to go? If you love all things EV, this is the event for you..

We have two spaces available on our Pure Planet guestlist, which we’d love to give away to one of our Community members! This means free entry to the event across all 3 days

Just reply to this thread to let us know 'what is your dream EV and why?' to win The winning member will be chosen based off the answer and response it gets.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fullycharged.png 
Views:	125 
Size:	1.18 MB 
ID:	2057

We’ll also be arranging a meetup at the event so if you want to come and say hi to us, we'll see you there! (open to anyone who's going)

The last chance to post your reply will be on Thursday 23 May and we'll announce the winner on Friday 24 May.
    The winner will get two names on the event guest list and will be told through a reply on this thread and a Private Message from me and @Marc - also please note that travel and accommodation won't be included!

----
    Interested in EV's? L
    et us know what you think Pure Planet can and should do to encourage adoption of EVs and support EV drivers- some ideas include an EV tariff for EV owners, a partnership with a public charging network and offering home charger installations.
  • This year’s Fully Charged Live event at Silverstone is taking place on 7, 8 and 9 June… Would you like to go? If you love all things EV, this is the event for you..

We have two spaces available on our Pure Planet guestlist, which we’d love to give away to one of our Community members! This means free entry to the event across all 3 days

Just reply to this thread to let us know 'what is your dream EV and why?' to win The winning member will be chosen based off the answer and response it gets.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fullycharged.png 
Views:	125 
Size:	1.18 MB 
ID:	2057

We’ll also be arranging a meetup at the event so if you want to come and say hi to us, we'll see you there! (open to anyone who's going)

The last chance to post your reply will be on Thursday 23 May and we'll announce the winner on Friday 24 May.
    The winner will get two names on the event guest list and will be told through a reply on this thread and a Private Message from me and @Marc - also please note that travel and accommodation won't be included!

----
    Interested in EV's? L
    et us know what you think Pure Planet can and should do to encourage adoption of EVs and support EV drivers- some ideas include an EV tariff for EV owners, a partnership with a public charging network and offering home charger installations.
  • My brother’s first vehicle was a 1958 Citroen 2CV van. I have very happy memories of a tour we did around southern Ireland in the early 70s. 2CVs became a passion for both of us and I learnt how to repair and maintain cars as a result of owning a number of these cheap and cheerful cars.

I even used one to build a three-wheeler kit car called a Lomax 223 (go ahead and Google it!). The skills I acquired saved me a fortune in garage expenses over the years.

And now it’s possible to buy an electric conversion for the 2CV!

http://www.everything-ev.com/index.p...roducts_id=384

So that would be my dream project – acquire a 2CV and restore it using an EV power plant.

I've even changed my avatar...
    Last edited by Lenny; 02-05-19 at 19:12.
  • My brother’s first vehicle was a 1958 Citroen 2CV van. I have very happy memories of a tour we did around southern Ireland in the early 70s. 2CVs became a passion for both of us and I learnt how to repair and maintain cars as a result of owning a number of these cheap and cheerful cars.

I even used one to build a three-wheeler kit car called a Lomax 223 (go ahead and Google it!). The skills I acquired saved me a fortune in garage expenses over the years.

So that would be my dream project – acquire a 2CV and restore it using an EV power plant.

• Great story Lenny and a great skill to have.. lets all focus our minds on your dream project
  • Great story Lenny and a great skill to have.. lets all focus our minds on your dream project
  • Ahhh...a thing of beauty...the Citroën
    Did the Lomax have inboard drums?
    Never had one (a 2CV) I always hankered after one or a Fiat 500 convertible (the original) the charm is sadly missing these days...(although the cars are more reliable)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lenny View Post
    My brother’s first vehicle was a 1958 Citroen 2CV van. I have very happy memories of a tour we did around southern Ireland in the early 70s. 2CVs became a passion for both of us and I learnt how to repair and maintain cars as a result of owning a number of these cheap and cheerful cars.

• Ahhh...a thing of beauty...the Citroën
    Did the Lomax have inboard drums?
    Never had one (a 2CV) I always hankered after one or a Fiat 500 convertible (the original) the charm is sadly missing these days...(although the cars are more reliable)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lenny View Post
    My brother’s first vehicle was a 1958 Citroen 2CV van. I have very happy memories of a tour we did around southern Ireland in the early 70s. 2CVs became a passion for both of us and I learnt how to repair and maintain cars as a result of owning a number of these cheap and cheerful cars.

• Yes it did have inboard drum brakes, which meant that any play in the driveshafts would be liable to cause an MoT failure as the braking could be compromised.

Although the Lomax 223 looks radically different from a 2CV, all the mechanics were surprisingly original. Just the rear axle had to be cut and then welded to provide a central third wheel.

I have a Fiat 600 belonging to my son which is stored awaiting restoration. He has already completed two VW Beetle restorations and is part way through a Karmann Ghia project. However, he has now moved to Sweden and works for Volvo developing the software for the next generation of electric vehicles, so I suspect he will have to sell the Fiat in due course.
  • Yes it did have inboard drum brakes, which meant that any play in the driveshafts would be liable to cause an MoT failure as the braking could be compromised.

Although the Lomax 223 looks radically different from a 2CV, all the mechanics were surprisingly original. Just the rear axle had to be cut and then welded to provide a central third wheel.

I have a Fiat 600 belonging to my son which is stored awaiting restoration. He has already completed two VW Beetle restorations and is part way through a Karmann Ghia project. However, he has now moved to Sweden and works for Volvo developing the software for the next generation of electric vehicles, so I suspect he will have to sell the Fiat in due course.
  • Please Note: I do not want to be entered into the competition. I'm only posting here, because I've just discovered the 'base' for my dream EV was announced this year.

So what is it? You may ask.

The Citroen Relay Electric L1H1

The Citroen Relay Electric will be offered with two range options depending on wheelbase size. L1 and L2 models will get an all-electric range of 225 kilometres (141 miles), while the longer L3 and L4 models will manage 270 kilometres (169 miles) on a single charge. The Citroen Relay Electric will do a maximum speed of 90 km/h (about 55 mph) and can carry a payload of 1,215kg. Charging will take 16 hours from a standard domestic socket, eight hours from a 7kW charger or seven hours from a 22kW source. Prices and on sale dates are yet to be announced.
    Now all I need is: Someone to convert it to have a wheelchair lift. A charging point near my home, as we don't have a parking space outside. Someone to fit it with this bodykit (on the silver van).

Name:  Type H.png
Views: 85
Size:  832.2 KB

​Oh and someone to give me the roughly £60,000 for the van, and £40,000 for the bodykit
    Last edited by Gwyndy; 04-05-19 at 11:59. Reason: Why oh why does it lose formatting when edited?
  • Please Note: I do not want to be entered into the competition. I'm only posting here, because I've just discovered the 'base' for my dream EV was announced this year.

So what is it? You may ask.

The Citroen Relay Electric L1H1

The Citroen Relay Electric will be offered with two range options depending on wheelbase size. L1 and L2 models will get an all-electric range of 225 kilometres (141 miles), while the longer L3 and L4 models will manage 270 kilometres (169 miles) on a single charge. The Citroen Relay Electric will do a maximum speed of 90 km/h (about 55 mph) and can carry a payload of 1,215kg. Charging will take 16 hours from a standard domestic socket, eight hours from a 7kW charger or seven hours from a 22kW source. Prices and on sale dates are yet to be announced.
    Now all I need is: Someone to convert it to have a wheelchair lift. A charging point near my home, as we don't have a parking space outside. Someone to fit it with this bodykit (on the silver van).

Name:  Type H.png
Views: 85
Size:  832.2 KB

​Oh and someone to give me the roughly £60,000 for the van, and £40,000 for the bodykit
  • I'd love at some point to get my bmw 645 ci convertible converted. It'll be a long time before a cabriolet is available with an all electric power train, and no, the smart is not what I have in mind
  • I'd love at some point to get my bmw 645 ci convertible converted. It'll be a long time before a cabriolet is available with an all electric power train, and no, the smart is not what I have in mind
  • How about an original Tesla Roadster?

https://www.convertiblecarmagazine.c...esla-roadster/
  • How about an original Tesla Roadster?

https://www.convertiblecarmagazine.c...esla-roadster/
  • Thanks everyone for your interesting convo about EV's and what your dream EV would be

Big congratulations to @Lenny who's won the places at Fully Charged Live!

Great to read about your dream project and of course a great choice of avatar!
    @Marc and other members of the PP team will be at the event across the weekend if you fancy coming to say hi
  • Thanks everyone for your interesting convo about EV's and what your dream EV would be

Big congratulations to @Lenny who's won the places at Fully Charged Live!

Great to read about your dream project and of course a great choice of avatar!
    @Marc and other members of the PP team will be at the event across the weekend if you fancy coming to say hi
  • Many thanks @Nataly!

I'm looking forward to attending and will definitely swing by the PP stand.

As I mentioned in my PM, I will be attending alone and so only require 1 ticket.
  • Many thanks @Nataly!

I'm looking forward to attending and will definitely swing by the PP stand.

As I mentioned in my PM, I will be attending alone and so only require 1 ticket.
  • Well done our Lenny 👏👏👏👏👏👏, enjoy to the max! 👍🎉🎉🎉🎉
    Peace is always beautiful.

WALT WHITMAN
  • Well done our Lenny 👏👏👏👏👏👏, enjoy to the max! 👍🎉🎉🎉🎉
    Peace is always beautiful.

WALT WHITMAN
  • Have a great time Lenny
  • Have a great time Lenny