• Paying final energy bill

I moved to my current address on 30/04/2018, previous owner was with Pure Planet but I didn't want to use an App to manage my account so I switched at the first opportunity I had, in all I was with Pure Planet for 1 month.

I gave new provider meter readings and all was well, I didn't get any bill from Pure Planet until 30/04/2019 asking me to pay a final estimated bill by 1st May (a whole 24hrs), it stated that the last page of the bill will show ways to pay but it doesn't??.

Also how on earth do I query the estimated readings Pure Planet have used when (for my "convenience") Pure Planet have no call center or email/admin that I can talk to.

Tap below to see the best answer
  • I moved to my current address on 30/04/2018, previous owner was with Pure Planet but I didn't want to use an App to manage my account so I switched at the first opportunity I had, in all I was with Pure Planet for 1 month.

I gave new provider meter readings and all was well, I didn't get any bill from Pure Planet until 30/04/2019 asking me to pay a final estimated bill by 1st May (a whole 24hrs), it stated that the last page of the bill will show ways to pay but it doesn't??.

Also how on earth do I query the estimated readings Pure Planet have used when (for my "convenience") Pure Planet have no call center or email/admin that I can talk to.

Tap below to see the best answer

• Best Answer

Hey @Mem182

We're a digital only supplier so we don't have a call centre - this helps to keep our costs low. You can get in touch with the team by downloading the Pure Planet app, tapping 'help' > 'Ask WattBot'.

You can let the team know when you moved in and your meter readings and they'll be able to check your statement and discuss ways to pay. You can also check out our FAQ on one-off payments here

Hope that helps?
  • Hey @Mem182

We're a digital only supplier so we don't have a call centre - this helps to keep our costs low. You can get in touch with the team by downloading the Pure Planet app, tapping 'help' > 'Ask WattBot'.

You can let the team know when you moved in and your meter readings and they'll be able to check your statement and discuss ways to pay. You can also check out our FAQ on one-off payments here

Hope that helps?

• hi mem182
    I'm not sure if this is any consolation but this has been highlighted and PP are looking to improve the experience of deemed customers such as yourself.
    If you don't want to use the app you should not be forced to. Fortunately there are other means of communication via the community.

I'm certainly not apologising for them, I've complained about this, and they really should fix it; you aren't the first to post about this.
    But that said PP has more plus points than minuses, if you can get over the app hurdle there are a lot of happy customers (plus it's renewable electric and and it may be cheaper for you).
    Quote Originally Posted by Mem182 View Post
    I moved to my current address on 30/04/2018, previous owner was with Pure Planet but I didn't want to use an App to manage my account so I switched at the first opportunity I had, in all I was with Pure Planet for 1 month.

• hi mem182
    I'm not sure if this is any consolation but this has been highlighted and PP are looking to improve the experience of deemed customers such as yourself.
    If you don't want to use the app you should not be forced to. Fortunately there are other means of communication via the community.

I'm certainly not apologising for them, I've complained about this, and they really should fix it; you aren't the first to post about this.
    But that said PP has more plus points than minuses, if you can get over the app hurdle there are a lot of happy customers (plus it's renewable electric and and it may be cheaper for you).

• Hi Nataly,

Your reply doesn't move things on at all, i inherited the PP account when I moved to my new address and switched as soon as I could because I can't use the APP as I have no device to install it on. I joined the community using a work computer that I have no access rights to install an APP on and my mobile is not a smart device. Telling me to install an APP simply to query and pay a bill is not at all helpful.

No doubt the next letter I receive from PP will be threatening further action unless I pay a bill that I can't query and have been given no instruction on how to pay.

Surely I'm not the first person to be in this position, there must be another suggestion other than install the APP?.

Even more .
  • Hi Nataly,

Your reply doesn't move things on at all, i inherited the PP account when I moved to my new address and switched as soon as I could because I can't use the APP as I have no device to install it on. I joined the community using a work computer that I have no access rights to install an APP on and my mobile is not a smart device. Telling me to install an APP simply to query and pay a bill is not at all helpful.

No doubt the next letter I receive from PP will be threatening further action unless I pay a bill that I can't query and have been given no instruction on how to pay.

Surely I'm not the first person to be in this position, there must be another suggestion other than install the APP?.

Even more .

• hi Mem182
    The earlier reply gives a link If you don't want to use the app or can't (perfectly reasonable) communicate by Private message
    Hi Nataly,

Even more .
  • hi Mem182
    The earlier reply gives a link If you don't want to use the app or can't (perfectly reasonable) communicate by Private message
    Hi Nataly,

Even more .

• Badly written reply sorry, it should have read

The earlier reply gives a link If you don't want to use the app or can't (perfectly reasonable), then you can communicate by Private message
  • Badly written reply sorry, it should have read

The earlier reply gives a link If you don't want to use the app or can't (perfectly reasonable), then you can communicate by Private message

• Hey @Mem182

To add to woz's reply, the link to one-off payments also includes an email address you can use if you're unable to use the app
  • Hey @Mem182

To add to woz's reply, the link to one-off payments also includes an email address you can use if you're unable to use the app