• We have had a similar experience.

Electricity smart meter installed, Engineer failed to get gas meter to talk to servers and gave up after four hours and again said this was not uncommon. IHD not working though engineer and Pure said it should be. Engineer said someone would be in touch but no one contacted us.

Contacted Pure via wat to and they raised it as a complaint and arranged a visit by the engineer for this Friday to install the gas meter and fix the IHD.

Received a second email from Pure stating it was unlikely engineer would be able to get Gas meter or IHD to work as there are known problems which won’t be fixed till September at the earliest and unlikely to be available till the end of the year.

So now we have one person at Pure saying it will be fixed on Friday, Magnum confirming a visit and another saying no Vance of it working.

Had emails from three different people within Pure and it doesn’t appear that the left hand knows what the right is doing.

Latest email was asking if we were happy as they hadn’t heard from us, despite the numerous emails back and forth.

Pure really need a telephone support service to resolve issues like this.

Awaiting a response from Pure to see if Engineer revisit is actually taking place this Friday.

My advice to anyone thinking of installing a new meter is don’t. There are lots of issues not resolved and breakdowns in communication between Magnum and Pure which could leave you in no mans land as we are,
  • We have had a similar experience.

Electricity smart meter installed, Engineer failed to get gas meter to talk to servers and gave up after four hours and again said this was not uncommon. IHD not working though engineer and Pure said it should be. Engineer said someone would be in touch but no one contacted us.

Contacted Pure via wat to and they raised it as a complaint and arranged a visit by the engineer for this Friday to install the gas meter and fix the IHD.

Received a second email from Pure stating it was unlikely engineer would be able to get Gas meter or IHD to work as there are known problems which won’t be fixed till September at the earliest and unlikely to be available till the end of the year.

So now we have one person at Pure saying it will be fixed on Friday, Magnum confirming a visit and another saying no Vance of it working.

Had emails from three different people within Pure and it doesn’t appear that the left hand knows what the right is doing.

Latest email was asking if we were happy as they hadn’t heard from us, despite the numerous emails back and forth.

Pure really need a telephone support service to resolve issues like this.

Awaiting a response from Pure to see if Engineer revisit is actually taking place this Friday.

My advice to anyone thinking of installing a new meter is don’t. There are lots of issues not resolved and breakdowns in communication between Magnum and Pure which could leave you in no mans land as we are,

• Hey @KevinandSylvie

Sounds like there's been some confusion between contact with Magnum v. contact with Pure Planet - thanks for letting us know about this, it'll help us make the communications clearer in future

I checked with our Member Services team, and they've let me know you've booked the new gas installation in directly with Magnum, for Friday.

If there were connectivity issues it may be worth reading this thread for a bit more info on what's going on, including with smart network connection issues.
  • Hey @KevinandSylvie

Sounds like there's been some confusion between contact with Magnum v. contact with Pure Planet - thanks for letting us know about this, it'll help us make the communications clearer in future

I checked with our Member Services team, and they've let me know you've booked the new gas installation in directly with Magnum, for Friday.

If there were connectivity issues it may be worth reading this thread for a bit more info on what's going on, including with smart network connection issues.

• I'm really struggling to understand where I am post (mid?) Smart meter upgrade.

At the moment i only have the Electric Smart meter - nobody has been back or contacted me for the Gas part and it's been months.

I'm also not getting any usage statements though and the app is only showing my payments, not any useage. I have no idea whether I'm in credit or not. I have raised a message to the team through Wattbot so hopefully they'll be back to me soon.

The Smart meter (part) install is actually making things more difficult than solving any problems at the moment
  • I'm really struggling to understand where I am post (mid?) Smart meter upgrade.

At the moment i only have the Electric Smart meter - nobody has been back or contacted me for the Gas part and it's been months.

I'm also not getting any usage statements though and the app is only showing my payments, not any useage. I have no idea whether I'm in credit or not. I have raised a message to the team through Wattbot so hopefully they'll be back to me soon.

The Smart meter (part) install is actually making things more difficult than solving any problems at the moment

• I feel your pain, since my smart meters were installed in May, I have not received a statement, and only electric showing on the usage ( meter readings ) page, and the usage graph stopped at April. The team has assured me that they are receiving the readings, but are waiting for some details about the new gas meter, meanwhile my balance looks very healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by Jowl View Post
    I'm really struggling to understand where I am post (mid?) Smart meter upgrade.

• I feel your pain, since my smart meters were installed in May, I have not received a statement, and only electric showing on the usage ( meter readings ) page, and the usage graph stopped at April. The team has assured me that they are receiving the readings, but are waiting for some details about the new gas meter, meanwhile my balance looks very healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by Jowl View Post
    I'm really struggling to understand where I am post (mid?) Smart meter upgrade.

• Quote Originally Posted by Duppy View Post
    I feel your pain, since my smart meters were installed in May, I have not received a statement, and only electric showing on the usage ( meter readings ) page, and the usage graph stopped at April. The team has assured me that they are receiving the readings, but are waiting for some details about the new gas meter, meanwhile my balance looks very healthy.
    Hi @Jowl @Duppy
    There's a small release planned for first thing tomorrow which has a fix for the lack of monthly statements issue
    Community Manager - Pure Planet

I feel your pain, since my smart meters were installed in May, I have not received a statement, and only electric showing on the usage ( meter readings ) page, and the usage graph stopped at April. The team has assured me that they are receiving the readings, but are waiting for some details about the new gas meter, meanwhile my balance looks very healthy.
    Hi @Jowl @Duppy
    There's a small release planned for first thing tomorrow which has a fix for the lack of monthly statements issue

• Quote Originally Posted by Marc View Post
    Hi @Jowl @Duppy
    Hi Marc, unfortunately I don't think it will fix my issue until the team get the gas meter details issue fixed, even my gas closing reading which I sent in does not show
    Hi @Jowl @Duppy
    Hi Marc, unfortunately I don't think it will fix my issue until the team get the gas meter details issue fixed, even my gas closing reading which I sent in does not show

You saw the update about gas readings not appearing in IHDs? I know the team are still working on this. They're waiting for national updates to the network

You saw the update about gas readings not appearing in IHDs? I know the team are still working on this. They're waiting for national updates to the network

You saw theupdate about gas readings not appearing in IHDs? I know the team are still working on this. They're waiting for national updates to the network
    The IHD seems to be working fine, it is just the meter details that they are waiting on. Meanwhile I am not that bothered as I know my payments will cover the statement when it comes
    You saw theupdate about gas readings not appearing in IHDs? I know the team are still working on this. They're waiting for national updates to the network
    The IHD seems to be working fine, it is just the meter details that they are waiting on. Meanwhile I am not that bothered as I know my payments will cover the statement when it comes

Hi @Jowl @Duppy
    is this just for monthly statements @Marc ?

Cos my usage is still only showing the DD amount on my account. There are no 'debits' for my actual use. I have no way of know my account balance and how accurate it is. And I suspect the DD will need increasing so don't want to fall behind.

I have to say it's very frustrating and I've not heard from the team either
    Hi @Jowl @Duppy

Cos my usage is still only showing the DD amount on my account. There are no 'debits' for my actual use. I have no way of know my account balance and how accurate it is. And I suspect the DD will need increasing so don't want to fall behind.

• Quote Originally Posted by Jowl View Post

Hey @Jowl
    Yes the release this week fixed the issue of monthly statements.
    We're still asking Members with smart meters to send regular meter readings, and these will appear in your app (and on monthly statement) as actual meter readings. These can be seen in Usage > Reading history
    So as long as you're sending readings you'll be on track.
    Does that answer your question? Or ar you looking at transaction history? Are you not seeing the energy costs?

Hey @Jowl
    We're still asking Members with smart meters to send regular meter readings, and these will appear in your app (and on monthly statement) as actual meter readings. These can be seen in Usage > Reading history
    Does that answer your question? Or ar you looking at transaction history? Are you not seeing the energy costs?

Hey @Jowl
    It does help but you are correct, I can't see any transaction history. I'm not seeing any energy costs at all.
    Hey @Jowl
    It does help but you are correct, I can't see any transaction history. I'm not seeing any energy costs at all.

Thanks @Jowl
    Mystery solved. It's the same bug as affecting other Members (the bug that meant you weren't getting monthly statements), fixed by the release last week.
    You'll start getting statements as normal, and the energy costs will also appear in your app again.
    Sorry for the hassle and thanks for being patient.
    Also - you'll get a consolidated bill for those months on your next bill date.

Thanks @Jowl
    Mystery solved. It's the same bug as affecting other Members (the bug that meant you weren't getting monthly statements), fixed by the release last week.
    You'll start getting statements as normal, and the energy costs will also appear in your app again.

Thanks @Jowl
    Brilliant, thanks @Marc. Glad it will be updated soon (typically I'll be away but will submit meter readings in advance!)

What do you mean by consolodated bill? That it will just show all transactions?!
    Thanks @Jowl
    Brilliant, thanks @Marc. Glad it will be updated soon (typically I'll be away but will submit meter readings in advance!)

What do you mean by consolodated bill? That it will just show all transactions?!

A bill which consolidates several months together. We've got a handy FAQ here.

A bill which consolidates several months together. We've got a handy FAQ here.

• I had my install a just over a week ago. Engineer called ahead to confirm arrival time which was within the pre-arranged time. When he arrived he'd mentioned that he'd had similar problems with getting things to communicate. He took a few pictures of my hob running and got to work. Install took about an hour and a half with no real issue as far as I could tell.

IHD is working fine. I understand it's a trial and I would still have to submit readings but I was expecting to be able to see the meter reading on the IHD, but I can only see usage in kWh or £?

Nonetheless, I'm pleased with how this all went and happy to have been given this for no extra charge. Looking forward to the "going live" day. Will there be cake?
  • I had my install a just over a week ago. Engineer called ahead to confirm arrival time which was within the pre-arranged time. When he arrived he'd mentioned that he'd had similar problems with getting things to communicate. He took a few pictures of my hob running and got to work. Install took about an hour and a half with no real issue as far as I could tell.

IHD is working fine. I understand it's a trial and I would still have to submit readings but I was expecting to be able to see the meter reading on the IHD, but I can only see usage in kWh or £?

Nonetheless, I'm pleased with how this all went and happy to have been given this for no extra charge. Looking forward to the "going live" day. Will there be cake?

• Hi Bojangles,
    You can see the meter readings on the IHD, if you press home button, scroll down to meters, you have a choice of electric or gas, select the one you want and you will see the readings plus meter number etc,
  • Hi Bojangles,
    You can see the meter readings on the IHD, if you press home button, scroll down to meters, you have a choice of electric or gas, select the one you want and you will see the readings plus meter number etc,

• hi Mrs or Mr or Ms or non-gender Bojangles
    I have to ask why would he want pictures of your hob? Were you cooking at the time? (you're going to tell me it was a typo aren't you...)
    and did you mention cake?
    I think it'll be easier to read the actual meter itself not the IHD, according to the trio manual the readings are available under settings, meters, but then I don't have one to check.
    Lemon drizzle please if you're offering!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bojangles View Post
    I had my install a just over a week ago. Engineer called ahead to confirm arrival time which was within the pre-arranged time. When he arrived he'd mentioned that he'd had similar problems with getting things to communicate. He took a few pictures of my hob running and got to work. Install took about an hour and a half with no real issue as far as I could tell.

• hi Mrs or Mr or Ms or non-gender Bojangles
    I have to ask why would he want pictures of your hob? Were you cooking at the time? (you're going to tell me it was a typo aren't you...)
    and did you mention cake?
    I think it'll be easier to read the actual meter itself not the IHD, according to the trio manual the readings are available under settings, meters, but then I don't have one to check.
    Lemon drizzle please if you're offering!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bojangles View Post
    I had my install a just over a week ago. Engineer called ahead to confirm arrival time which was within the pre-arranged time. When he arrived he'd mentioned that he'd had similar problems with getting things to communicate. He took a few pictures of my hob running and got to work. Install took about an hour and a half with no real issue as far as I could tell.

• sorry didn't see your reply!
    Quote Originally Posted by Duppy View Post
    Hi Bojangles,
  • sorry didn't see your reply!
    Quote Originally Posted by Duppy View Post
    Hi Bojangles,

• Well our experience wasn’t good.

Firstly pre engineer contact from magnum was good with text messages and a phone call as engineer arrived - we subsequently discovered however that the number magnum include in the text message is unobtainable.

Engineer visited and Electric meter was up and running fairly quickly although it wouldn’t connect to the IHD. However he couldn’t get the gas meter to connect after 4 hours so reinstalled our old meter.

That’s when it all went wrong.
    Engineer stated a second visit would be needed and someone from Magnum/Pure would’ve in touch to arrange.
    He also said IHD should connect within 24 hours once it was configured centrally.
    Both statements were wrong.

It appears engineers have a set sequence to follow and are lost if anything in that sequence goes wrong.

After IHD failed to connect and no contact to arrange a new visit for the gas install we contacted Pure (via watbot) and Magnum (via website/email).

Multiple replies from both companies were contradictory. An apology from magnum and offer to arrange the second visit by email, which they did.
    Pure stated a visit was likely to be fruitless as there were known issues with the gas installations and IHD connectivity which weren’t likely to be solved until after September / end of year.
    Visit went ahead as planned but engineer when he arrived didn’t know what to do (even though it was the same engineer as the first visit) he waited for a call from the Magnum office for an hour or so and was then told what to do.
    Gas meter was installed and working and connected to IHD Electric meter was still working but not connected to IHD but again we were told this would connect within 24 hours. It didn’t.
    To be fair both Magnum and Pure checked with us how the second visit had gone and Pure did something on the Monday after the installation (which was on a Friday) which made the electricity meter to connect.

So we now have working gas and electric meters which we are told are connected to Pure and connect to our IHD.

In the Pure app our electric usage shows the last reading before the meter was changed then the word closing. The gas usage shows the last reading before the meter was changed but doesn’t show closing.

On checking with Pure they say this is normal and readings won’t show in the app for about 12 weeks which seems a long time.

They also say we will need to send manual readings for the next 12 weeks. However we can’t currently send any electric readings as app doesn’t give the option and gas reading shows the serial number of the old meter.

Nextvreading isn’t till 29th August do hopefully app will allow readings by then.

Summary of our experience:
    Engineers need better training.
    Connectivity of metrrs is flakey and is a known issue in the north.
    IHD connectivity is poor, only working when it’s within a few meters of the the meters and batteries only last a few hours so it needs to be permanently plugged in (and using electricity).
    Communication between Pure and Magnum is pure with contradictory information.
    Contacts for customers when things go wrong are poor and there needs to be an easier way to raise issues at a single point of contact.
    Once installed readings are still estimates for 12 weeks which seems a long time.

So have had to stay in the house for 2 half days, spend probably another half a day chasing up Pure and Magnum. End result we have no information on usage in the app and an IHD which isn’t really practical to use.

I’m sure it will all be ok eventually but our experience says there are still a lot of teething problems and engineer said our experience wasn’t unusual.
  • Well our experience wasn’t good.

Firstly pre engineer contact from magnum was good with text messages and a phone call as engineer arrived - we subsequently discovered however that the number magnum include in the text message is unobtainable.

Engineer visited and Electric meter was up and running fairly quickly although it wouldn’t connect to the IHD. However he couldn’t get the gas meter to connect after 4 hours so reinstalled our old meter.

That’s when it all went wrong.
    Engineer stated a second visit would be needed and someone from Magnum/Pure would’ve in touch to arrange.
    He also said IHD should connect within 24 hours once it was configured centrally.
    Both statements were wrong.

It appears engineers have a set sequence to follow and are lost if anything in that sequence goes wrong.

After IHD failed to connect and no contact to arrange a new visit for the gas install we contacted Pure (via watbot) and Magnum (via website/email).

Multiple replies from both companies were contradictory. An apology from magnum and offer to arrange the second visit by email, which they did.
    Pure stated a visit was likely to be fruitless as there were known issues with the gas installations and IHD connectivity which weren’t likely to be solved until after September / end of year.
    Visit went ahead as planned but engineer when he arrived didn’t know what to do (even though it was the same engineer as the first visit) he waited for a call from the Magnum office for an hour or so and was then told what to do.
    Gas meter was installed and working and connected to IHD Electric meter was still working but not connected to IHD but again we were told this would connect within 24 hours. It didn’t.
    To be fair both Magnum and Pure checked with us how the second visit had gone and Pure did something on the Monday after the installation (which was on a Friday) which made the electricity meter to connect.

So we now have working gas and electric meters which we are told are connected to Pure and connect to our IHD.

In the Pure app our electric usage shows the last reading before the meter was changed then the word closing. The gas usage shows the last reading before the meter was changed but doesn’t show closing.

On checking with Pure they say this is normal and readings won’t show in the app for about 12 weeks which seems a long time.

They also say we will need to send manual readings for the next 12 weeks. However we can’t currently send any electric readings as app doesn’t give the option and gas reading shows the serial number of the old meter.

Nextvreading isn’t till 29th August do hopefully app will allow readings by then.

Summary of our experience:
    Engineers need better training.
    Connectivity of metrrs is flakey and is a known issue in the north.
    IHD connectivity is poor, only working when it’s within a few meters of the the meters and batteries only last a few hours so it needs to be permanently plugged in (and using electricity).
    Communication between Pure and Magnum is pure with contradictory information.
    Contacts for customers when things go wrong are poor and there needs to be an easier way to raise issues at a single point of contact.
    Once installed readings are still estimates for 12 weeks which seems a long time.

So have had to stay in the house for 2 half days, spend probably another half a day chasing up Pure and Magnum. End result we have no information on usage in the app and an IHD which isn’t really practical to use.

I’m sure it will all be ok eventually but our experience says there are still a lot of teething problems and engineer said our experience wasn’t unusual.

• Hi KevinandSylvie,

Thanks for this feedback, we've now taken this on as a discussion with Magnum. We'll keep working to improve our communications between us, Magnum and our Members. I know this doesn’t directly help you now, but it'll improve the experience for other Members.
    I've emailed you directly as well.
  • Hi KevinandSylvie,

Thanks for this feedback, we've now taken this on as a discussion with Magnum. We'll keep working to improve our communications between us, Magnum and our Members. I know this doesn’t directly help you now, but it'll improve the experience for other Members.
    I've emailed you directly as well.