• Hi, A Magnum engineer called yesterday to fit a SMETS 2 smart meter, he arrived on time at 8 o'clock and preceded to fit the new Gas and Electricity Meters. It took him about an hour to fit the meters then it took Three hours to get it to connect, he said it was common for a SMETS 2 to take hours, unlike SMETS 1 that connect quickly. Before he left at 12 o'clock he plugged in a Trio 2 energy monitor close to the smart meters saying it would show to Gas & Electricity usage after an hour or so, that was 24 hours ago the Gas readout shows "0W" as the boiler is turned off but the Electricity readout just says "Waiting for data." I don't know who to contact as I have no information about Magnum or is it Pure Planet I need to contact?
  • Hi, A Magnum engineer called yesterday to fit a SMETS 2 smart meter, he arrived on time at 8 o'clock and preceded to fit the new Gas and Electricity Meters. It took him about an hour to fit the meters then it took Three hours to get it to connect, he said it was common for a SMETS 2 to take hours, unlike SMETS 1 that connect quickly. Before he left at 12 o'clock he plugged in a Trio 2 energy monitor close to the smart meters saying it would show to Gas & Electricity usage after an hour or so, that was 24 hours ago the Gas readout shows "0W" as the boiler is turned off but the Electricity readout just says "Waiting for data." I don't know who to contact as I have no information about Magnum or is it Pure Planet I need to contact?

• Hi @leedelph
    Are they both showing yet?
    Something that often works is switcing the IHD off and on again (that old IT trick!)
    Community Manager - Pure Planet

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
  • Hi @leedelph
    Something that often works is switcing the IHD off and on again (that old IT trick!)

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

• Quote Originally Posted by Marc View Post
    Hi @leedelph
    I tried that, but now both are showing Waiting for data. The signal strength shows four bars so I guess the first thing to try is the Trio 2 IHD but I don’t know how to arrange it.
    Hi @leedelph
    I tried that, but now both are showing Waiting for data. The signal strength shows four bars so I guess the first thing to try is the Trio 2 IHD but I don’t know how to arrange it.

• Quote Originally Posted by leedelph View Post
    Hi Marc, I have just spoken to Magnum customer services they say once the Meters are installed it’s upto Pure Planet to sort the problems out, so can you help?
    Hi Marc, I have just spoken to Magnum customer services they say once the Meters are installed it’s upto Pure Planet to sort the problems out, so can you help?

• Hi @leedelph
    Yes that's right
    Have you been in touch with our Member services team? They've got access to your account (as community manager I don't).
    You can send them a message through WattBot in your account.
    They'll be able to look into this for you.
    I hope it's sorted soon. We are seeing a few IHDs not working immediately in our pilot.

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
  • Hi @leedelph
    Yes that's right
    Have you been in touch with our Member services team? They've got access to your account (as community manager I don't).
    You can send them a message through WattBot in your account.
    They'll be able to look into this for you.
    I hope it's sorted soon. We are seeing a few IHDs not working immediately in our pilot.

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

• Hi Marc, I have tried Wattbot but the answers are nonsense is there another way to get in touch with the member service team?
  • Hi Marc, I have tried Wattbot but the answers are nonsense is there another way to get in touch with the member service team?

• When using wattBot did you first type "Message the Team" as this will flag up your message to team member, other wise it acts just as a Robot.

Response back within 2 days but factor in the weekend, if you forget to look back in the APP/wattBot you will get a text as a reminder to head back.

​Hoe this assists
  • When using wattBot did you first type "Message the Team" as this will flag up your message to team member, other wise it acts just as a Robot.

Response back within 2 days but factor in the weekend, if you forget to look back in the APP/wattBot you will get a text as a reminder to head back.

​Hoe this assists

Hi Marc, I have tried Wattbot but the answers are nonsense is there another way to get in touch with the member service team?
    Hi @leedelph
    I'm going to flag your situation with our Smart meters team.
    Jamil from the team will be able to look into restarting your IHD remotely

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
    Hi Marc, I have tried Wattbot but the answers are nonsense is there another way to get in touch with the member service team?
    Hi @leedelph
    I'm going to flag your situation with our Smart meters team.
    Jamil from the team will be able to look into restarting your IHD remotely

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

• Hi Marc, I don't know if Jamil tried starting my IHD but the Gas usage is now displaying. Looking at comments on other company's Smart Meter feedback your all having this problem, so I will wait to see if an answer is found before I bother about the Electric reading. thanks John.
  • Hi Marc, I don't know if Jamil tried starting my IHD but the Gas usage is now displaying. Looking at comments on other company's Smart Meter feedback your all having this problem, so I will wait to see if an answer is found before I bother about the Electric reading. thanks John.

Hi @Spike
    I've flagged this up with the team.
    ​We're asking Magnum to contact you ASAP.
    As an update for @Marc and others following this thread, I received a call from Magnum last week to arrange for an engineer to come and fit a replacement SMETS2 gas meter which will hopefully communicate better than the one fitted in April. Engineer booked for July 4th, THREE months(!!) after the original SMETS2 meters were installed.

I really hope it resolves the issue, but it really does look/feel like we were just added to the bottom of their installation queue, rather than an ongoing problem notified by the engineer at installation, which needed resolving promptly.
    Hi @Spike
    I've flagged this up with the team.
    ​We're asking Magnum to contact you ASAP.
    As an update for @Marc and others following this thread, I received a call from Magnum last week to arrange for an engineer to come and fit a replacement SMETS2 gas meter which will hopefully communicate better than the one fitted in April. Engineer booked for July 4th, THREE months(!!) after the original SMETS2 meters were installed.

I really hope it resolves the issue, but it really does look/feel like we were just added to the bottom of their installation queue, rather than an ongoing problem notified by the engineer at installation, which needed resolving promptly.

Hi Marc, I don't know if Jamil tried starting my IHD but the Gas usage is now displaying. Looking at comments on other company's Smart Meter feedback your all having this problem, so I will wait to see if an answer is found before I bother about the Electric reading. thanks John.
    Hi @leedelph
    That's encouraging news! Thanks for the update.
    Also, FYI I've just posted over here about the IHD issue being reported by some Members. It's got some useful troubleshooting tips, and also how to let us know if it still doesn't sort it.

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
    Hi Marc, I don't know if Jamil tried starting my IHD but the Gas usage is now displaying. Looking at comments on other company's Smart Meter feedback your all having this problem, so I will wait to see if an answer is found before I bother about the Electric reading. thanks John.
    Hi @leedelph
    That's encouraging news! Thanks for the update.
    Also, FYI I've just posted over here about the IHD issue being reported by some Members. It's got some useful troubleshooting tips, and also how to let us know if it still doesn't sort it.

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

• Hi Marc, I filled in the emailed server a couple of days ago and now my IHD is working on doth Gas and Electricity, coincidence?
  • Hi Marc, I filled in the emailed server a couple of days ago and now my IHD is working on doth Gas and Electricity, coincidence?

Hi Marc, I filled in the emailed server a couple of days ago and now my IHD is working on doth Gas and Electricity, coincidence?
    Hi @leedelph
    Great to hear that your IHD is working!
    Our team are working on those which haven't been displaying the smart meter info. We believe there has been some connectivity issues betweem the IHDs and the electricity meters.
    Check out this post about what we're doing.

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
    Hi Marc, I filled in the emailed server a couple of days ago and now my IHD is working on doth Gas and Electricity, coincidence?
    Hi @leedelph
    Great to hear that your IHD is working!
    Our team are working on those which haven't been displaying the smart meter info. We believe there has been some connectivity issues betweem the IHDs and the electricity meters.
    Check out this post about what we're doing.

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

• Well, my installation has happened and it all went well. The monitor appears to be working fine and communicating to both meters.
    Just need to work out how to get my readings emailed to my spread sheet.
  • Well, my installation has happened and it all went well. The monitor appears to be working fine and communicating to both meters.

• ha..glad it went well, let the community know if you work out how to do the email!
    Quote Originally Posted by X Driver View Post
    Well, my installation has happened and it all went well. The monitor appears to be working fine and communicating to both meters.
  • ha..glad it went well, let the community know if you work out how to do the email!
    Quote Originally Posted by X Driver View Post
    Well, my installation has happened and it all went well. The monitor appears to be working fine and communicating to both meters.

• Thought I'd offer a bit of an update. So the Magnum utilities engineer came out on 4th July to sort the issues which were apparent during first installation back in April. He changed the Hub on the electricity meter initially, then replaced the gas meter completely as it still wasn't communicating properly. He then commissioned the IHD, but although his back office team could see the meters, there was an issue at the PP end of things. On that particular day, he said a number of engineers were all reporting issues with PP. The only change is that the gas meter will now show current billing, whereas the old one was always on £0.00.

I got in touch with the PP team the following week to see if they could reset the IHD. Messaged reply to say they'd look into it. I followed up a few days later and was asked to be patient and they'd let me know..

It's now over a fortnight since the meters were replaced and recommissioned, but I still don't have a working IHD. Its pretty frustrating that when an issues is raised with the team via WattBot, that they close the session once they've replied, rather than leaving it open as an ongoing, unsolved issue. From the user's end, it feels like they've made a response, but we can't be sure any action is being taken.

Our SMETS2 meters were originally installed beginning of April, but we still don't have them functioning and most of the time there's a deafening silence.. Anything we can do get it sorted @Marc please?

The IHD just shows waiting for data. I've sent in pics of the error message codes it shows via the menus. It has been set up 30cm from the electricity meter so signal is not a problem..
  • Thought I'd offer a bit of an update. So the Magnum utilities engineer came out on 4th July to sort the issues which were apparent during first installation back in April. He changed the Hub on the electricity meter initially, then replaced the gas meter completely as it still wasn't communicating properly. He then commissioned the IHD, but although his back office team could see the meters, there was an issue at the PP end of things. On that particular day, he said a number of engineers were all reporting issues with PP. The only change is that the gas meter will now show current billing, whereas the old one was always on £0.00.

I got in touch with the PP team the following week to see if they could reset the IHD. Messaged reply to say they'd look into it. I followed up a few days later and was asked to be patient and they'd let me know..

It's now over a fortnight since the meters were replaced and recommissioned, but I still don't have a working IHD. Its pretty frustrating that when an issues is raised with the team via WattBot, that they close the session once they've replied, rather than leaving it open as an ongoing, unsolved issue. From the user's end, it feels like they've made a response, but we can't be sure any action is being taken.

Our SMETS2 meters were originally installed beginning of April, but we still don't have them functioning and most of the time there's a deafening silence.. Anything we can do get it sorted @Marc please?

The IHD just shows waiting for data. I've sent in pics of the error message codes it shows via the menus. It has been set up 30cm from the electricity meter so signal is not a problem..

• hi leedelph
    What does "filled in the emailed server" mean?
    Quote Originally Posted by leedelph View Post
  • hi leedelph
    What does "filled in the emailed server" mean?
    Quote Originally Posted by leedelph View Post

• Disappointed with the attempted installation yesterday.

Engineer installed smart electric meter but couldn’t get the gas meter to connect back to the servers. After 3.5 hours he eventually put our old gas meter back.
    The in house monitor wasn’t connecting but he said to leave it plugged in. For 24 hours and it would be configured remotely. It hasn’t been and is installation isn’t complete.

We were told someone from Magnet would be in contact to arrange a new installation date to put everything right but no one has been in contact,

There should be a dedicated line to get help when meter installations fail.
  • Disappointed with the attempted installation yesterday.

Engineer installed smart electric meter but couldn’t get the gas meter to connect back to the servers. After 3.5 hours he eventually put our old gas meter back.
    The in house monitor wasn’t connecting but he said to leave it plugged in. For 24 hours and it would be configured remotely. It hasn’t been and is installation isn’t complete.

We were told someone from Magnet would be in contact to arrange a new installation date to put everything right but no one has been in contact,

• hi KevinandSylvie
    I agree not a good experience, but I thought there was a contact number for Magnum?
    I may be wrong but I thought PP relied on Magnum giving them the info so the meter could be configured.
    Also try de/re powering the IHD and/or take the IHD near to the meter and power it off and back on again, it might already be configured.
    There are issues with some IHD's not connecting or connecting then failing to connect but it's a bit early yet to say if you have a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by 33625
    Disappointed with the attempted installation yesterday.

• hi KevinandSylvie
    I agree not a good experience, but I thought there was a contact number for Magnum?
    I may be wrong but I thought PP relied on Magnum giving them the info so the meter could be configured.
    Also try de/re powering the IHD and/or take the IHD near to the meter and power it off and back on again, it might already be configured.
    There are issues with some IHD's not connecting or connecting then failing to connect but it's a bit early yet to say if you have a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by 33625
    Disappointed with the attempted installation yesterday.

• From what I’ve read I don’t think it will connect until the gas meter is sorted.

Tried powering off the IhD and back on again with no luck. It still says not commissioned.

It’s about 3 feet from the meter so don’t think it’s a connectivity issue

I’ve just found a number for magnum as part of the automated messages when they book the appointment so will try ringing that.

Electricity meter seems to have been set to 0000 reading is that normal when a new meter is installed and if so how will we feed readings back to pure if they don’t match up with numbers on the old meter. Is it possible to send a gas reading without electric?
  • From what I’ve read I don’t think it will connect until the gas meter is sorted.

Tried powering off the IhD and back on again with no luck. It still says not commissioned.

It’s about 3 feet from the meter so don’t think it’s a connectivity issue

I’ve just found a number for magnum as part of the automated messages when they book the appointment so will try ringing that.

Electricity meter seems to have been set to 0000 reading is that normal when a new meter is installed and if so how will we feed readings back to pure if they don’t match up with numbers on the old meter. Is it possible to send a gas reading without electric?