• Hi KevinandSylvie,

Not wishing to appear smug but my install went completely without a hitch so it proves they can get it right first time sometimes (well at least once).

As for your display it is expensive just using batteries, my display a GEO Trio 2 used to use a maximum of about 5w, to reduce consumption even more I turn the screen brightness down to 20% and the screen go to off over night. Of course your display could consume more if it is constantly searching for a signal, if my IHD were doing that it would be definitely unplugged.

Are you saying you are oop north or you have just had the same problems?

I think your summary would make a good poll.

X Driver
  • Hi KevinandSylvie,

Not wishing to appear smug but my install went completely without a hitch so it proves they can get it right first time sometimes (well at least once).

As for your display it is expensive just using batteries, my display a GEO Trio 2 used to use a maximum of about 5w, to reduce consumption even more I turn the screen brightness down to 20% and the screen go to off over night. Of course your display could consume more if it is constantly searching for a signal, if my IHD were doing that it would be definitely unplugged.

Are you saying you are oop north or you have just had the same problems?

I think your summary would make a good poll.

X Driver