• Account is £152. in debit!!

Hi people, i am a little concerned that pp are adding extra meter readings to our account! In feb we sent in meter readings on the 27th, and pp have also added estimated readings on our account for feb on the 28th!
    They have also done the same for this month (April) I submitted actual readings on the 26th, and they added estimated readings on the 29th! Why??

Also we have never paid so much for gas and electric since first switching to a different supplier from edf back in 2017!! We was only paying £52.00 a month for both, it never went up, or down.
    Sometimes i wish we had never switched at all.

Now our bill is -£152.38! We've never been in debt with our supplier until now!

Something is definately wrong, and i think we are going to be switching again to a supplier that doesn't add there own estimated readings, after submitting our actual meter readings!
    Any help and thoughts on this are welcome please.
    Ty😔
    Tap below to see the best answer
    Last edited by fleebleflam; 30-04-19 at 19:13. Reason: .
  • Hi people, i am a little concerned that pp are adding extra meter readings to our account! In feb we sent in meter readings on the 27th, and pp have also added estimated readings on our account for feb on the 28th!
    They have also done the same for this month (April) I submitted actual readings on the 26th, and they added estimated readings on the 29th! Why??

Also we have never paid so much for gas and electric since first switching to a different supplier from edf back in 2017!! We was only paying £52.00 a month for both, it never went up, or down.
    Sometimes i wish we had never switched at all.

Now our bill is -£152.38! We've never been in debt with our supplier until now!

Something is definately wrong, and i think we are going to be switching again to a supplier that doesn't add there own estimated readings, after submitting our actual meter readings!
    Any help and thoughts on this are welcome please.
    Ty😔
    Tap below to see the best answer

• Best Answer

Hello @fleebleflam,

If you wait and submit on the actual deadline date, in my experience that is the reading that will be used.

If you submit before, Pure Planet will apply an uplift (based on your previous usage) in order to estimate your reading on the due date.
  • Hello @fleebleflam,

If you wait and submit on the actual deadline date, in my experience that is the reading that will be used.

If you submit before, Pure Planet will apply an uplift (based on your previous usage) in order to estimate your reading on the due date.

• Best Answer

hi fleebleflam
    I don't have time for a long post as off to work, so I'll try to keep it short.
    ​There's nothing fishy going on (although there may be something wrong) have a look at the statements and see if any of the ACTUAL readings are on the statements.

The statement date is fixed so unless you submit readings on the last day before the statement is produced, the days between when you submit and the statement date have to be estimated or they'd have to produce a statement every time you submitted a reading.

WARNING you're going to explode at the next line..so stop reading if don't want to explode...
    Put your suspicion and paranoia to one side, and look at the statements first. PP will only charge you for the energy you use, they have no interest in you having a spiralling debt, if your DD is set up to reflect the annual usage it will work out OK over a year.
    If you're apparently building up a debt there could be several reasons

Readings are incorrect or actual readings not used
    You've changed the timing of the DD, so it doesn't appear on the statement before it's produced
    Your annual estimate (hence quote) is too low

It will be sorted, PP's unit rates are likely lower than your previous supplier so logically unless your usage has spiralled and IF you were paying your previous supplier enough?? then it will be OK, and anyway your DD won't change while it is being sorted.

and yes..energy prices have risen since 2017. What does that have to do with this?
    ​Sorry for brusque post..

Quote Originally Posted by fleebleflam View Post
    They always say, "you have until the 29th to submit your meter readings" If that statement is true, why should it matter which date you submit them? It's all seems a bit fishy to me.
    I don't very much like being in debt with my energy bill, and this has made me change my mind with pp i'm afraid.
    Thank you for your input though Lenny������

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, i am aware that pp give you notice to submit your meter readings, but what i wasn't aware of is that they will still estimate your readings if you submit them early! What i am annoyed about is that they will use their estimate rathar than my actual readings, which really makes submitting your own pretty much pointless really.

I like the way pp work, and am all for renewable enery an all that. But what they have done here is not right in my eyes.
    And as well as my spiraling balance..it's just not on!

I really would like to stay with pp, but if they continue to make my balance go even higher, and don't take my readings, then unfortunately, we will be leaving them.

When i mentioned edf, i didn't mean i will be going back to them, i was just using them as an example compaired with the price point.

And this is the highest i've paid for my enery since 2017.

Well, i will definately take on bored what you have said, and will be contacting them through the app.
    Thank you also for your input Strutt G
  • hi fleebleflam
    I don't have time for a long post as off to work, so I'll try to keep it short.
    ​There's nothing fishy going on (although there may be something wrong) have a look at the statements and see if any of the ACTUAL readings are on the statements.

The statement date is fixed so unless you submit readings on the last day before the statement is produced, the days between when you submit and the statement date have to be estimated or they'd have to produce a statement every time you submitted a reading.

WARNING you're going to explode at the next line..so stop reading if don't want to explode...
    Put your suspicion and paranoia to one side, and look at the statements first. PP will only charge you for the energy you use, they have no interest in you having a spiralling debt, if your DD is set up to reflect the annual usage it will work out OK over a year.
    If you're apparently building up a debt there could be several reasons

Readings are incorrect or actual readings not used
    You've changed the timing of the DD, so it doesn't appear on the statement before it's produced
    Your annual estimate (hence quote) is too low

It will be sorted, PP's unit rates are likely lower than your previous supplier so logically unless your usage has spiralled and IF you were paying your previous supplier enough?? then it will be OK, and anyway your DD won't change while it is being sorted.

and yes..energy prices have risen since 2017. What does that have to do with this?
    ​Sorry for brusque post..

They always say, "you have until the 29th to submit your meter readings" If that statement is true, why should it matter which date you submit them? It's all seems a bit fishy to me.
    I don't very much like being in debt with my energy bill, and this has made me change my mind with pp i'm afraid.
    Thank you for your input though Lenny������

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, i am aware that pp give you notice to submit your meter readings, but what i wasn't aware of is that they will still estimate your readings if you submit them early! What i am annoyed about is that they will use their estimate rathar than my actual readings, which really makes submitting your own pretty much pointless really.

I like the way pp work, and am all for renewable enery an all that. But what they have done here is not right in my eyes.

I really would like to stay with pp, but if they continue to make my balance go even higher, and don't take my readings, then unfortunately, we will be leaving them.

When i mentioned edf, i didn't mean i will be going back to them, i was just using them as an example compaired with the price point.

Well, i will definately take on bored what you have said, and will be contacting them through the app.

• Hi flleebflam,

PP prompt us for a meter read as a reminder which is 3 days before your statement date so we don't forget and remain on track.
    Some customer members submit their metre reads on the statement date so that statements are not estimated when emailed the next day. When PP estimates these few days it only amounts to a few pence.
    Remember you can submit reads frequently as long as you leave a 24 hour gap.

I don't think you will get a better offer from EDF than PP's clean energy supplied at cost price with no mark up.
    Remember if you carry out a comparison you should work out your usage because usage is key

PP are not in the business of adding by inflating our bills, they are nice honest bunch providing a great offer with a growing customer base, and regard their reputation as vital......hence this forum they set up and monitored by PP and their community managers providing full transparency and assistance.

If in doubt contact them via the APP.
    Open Help - Open Ask wattBot - First Type "Message the Team" and post your concern
    You will get a response back with the bot within 2 days or sooner.

Good luck and look out for more advice and revert back as many customer members interested in other customers concerns including PP
    Last edited by Strutt G; 30-04-19 at 20:12.
  • Hi flleebflam,

PP prompt us for a meter read as a reminder which is 3 days before your statement date so we don't forget and remain on track.
    Some customer members submit their metre reads on the statement date so that statements are not estimated when emailed the next day. When PP estimates these few days it only amounts to a few pence.

I don't think you will get a better offer from EDF than PP's clean energy supplied at cost price with no mark up.
    Remember if you carry out a comparison you should work out your usage because usage is key

PP are not in the business of adding by inflating our bills, they are nice honest bunch providing a great offer with a growing customer base, and regard their reputation as vital......hence this forum they set up and monitored by PP and their community managers providing full transparency and assistance.

Open Help - Open Ask wattBot - First Type "Message the Team" and post your concern

Good luck and look out for more advice and revert back as many customer members interested in other customers concerns including PP

• They always say, "you have until the 29th to submit your meter readings" If that statement is true, why should it matter which date you submit them? It's all seems a bit fishy to me.
    Thank you for your input though Lenny😊

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Strutt G View Post
    Hi flleebflam,

Last edited by fleebleflam; 30-04-19 at 23:18.
  • They always say, "you have until the 29th to submit your meter readings" If that statement is true, why should it matter which date you submit them? It's all seems a bit fishy to me.
    Thank you for your input though Lenny😊

- - - Updated - - -

Hi flleebflam,

• Nothing fishy what so ever and sorry you feel that way.
    For the record I input my usage figures at EDF and they are more expensive for their cheapest non clean energy tariff.
    DD's are projections and you should contact PP to got a reasonable response....

​Cheers
  • Nothing fishy what so ever and sorry you feel that way.
    For the record I input my usage figures at EDF and they are more expensive for their cheapest non clean energy tariff.

​Cheers

• Quote Originally Posted by Strutt G View Post
    Nothing fishy what so ever and sorry you feel that way.

​Cheers
    I will do, as we are paying £70+ a month for both, and we are only in a 1 bed flat!😔
  • Quote Originally Posted by Strutt G View Post
    Nothing fishy what so ever and sorry you feel that way.

​Cheers
    I will do, as we are paying £70+ a month for both, and we are only in a 1 bed flat!😔

• Yep it sounds like something is out of kilter.

Many members looking at this and most likely will have a better solution, but might need some more detail.

But in the first instance lets see what PP advise...... so revet back when they do!
  • Yep it sounds like something is out of kilter.

Many members looking at this and most likely will have a better solution, but might need some more detail.

But in the first instance lets see what PP advise...... so revet back when they do!

• Manners Woz, manners!

I am not suspiciuos, or paronoid, fishy is just a word i used, nothing more😊
    So going forward, why my balance is biulding up into more debt is actually really not good, i think it is more likely to do with usage, & the fact that pp quoted me just uder £57 a month for the winter months, & now just £37 a month for summer! (That's for duel fuel by the way) but it is very odd that you mention my annual estimate is wrong, as when i was with a previous supplier, and i submitted my annual readings (which were correct) after 3 months, they tried to put up my dd to an unaffordable amount, and said that i had given them a "wrong annual estimate" just a tad odd, don't you think? I found out that this was a cheap trick that some new energy companies use to get more money out of new customers after the 3 month period! Not fair at all really is it!

Anyway, i quickly left that previous energy provider, and the energy ombudsman put me with another energy supplier which was even more expensive, so now i am here with pp.

When i first joined pp in Oct 18, i was submitting my meter readings with a photo, which i thought was an extremely good idea, but after a few updates of the app, it is no longer available to use, which is a shame😔

I know prices have risen, but £25 in 3 years!! Really?
    Something is wrong with my account, so i will contact pp in app to see what they say regarding it.
    All i want is some help. Hopefully someone can see my dilemma and will help.

Thank you everyone for your input.😊

Lets just hope some bright spark starts to actually mass produce *FREE energy* (which is already available) to the world, and STOP fat cat GREEDY corporations from earning on fossil fuels that are ruining our beatiful planet.
    Last edited by fleebleflam; 01-05-19 at 17:31.
  • Manners Woz, manners!

I am not suspiciuos, or paronoid, fishy is just a word i used, nothing more😊
    So going forward, why my balance is biulding up into more debt is actually really not good, i think it is more likely to do with usage, & the fact that pp quoted me just uder £57 a month for the winter months, & now just £37 a month for summer! (That's for duel fuel by the way) but it is very odd that you mention my annual estimate is wrong, as when i was with a previous supplier, and i submitted my annual readings (which were correct) after 3 months, they tried to put up my dd to an unaffordable amount, and said that i had given them a "wrong annual estimate" just a tad odd, don't you think? I found out that this was a cheap trick that some new energy companies use to get more money out of new customers after the 3 month period! Not fair at all really is it!

Anyway, i quickly left that previous energy provider, and the energy ombudsman put me with another energy supplier which was even more expensive, so now i am here with pp.

When i first joined pp in Oct 18, i was submitting my meter readings with a photo, which i thought was an extremely good idea, but after a few updates of the app, it is no longer available to use, which is a shame😔

Something is wrong with my account, so i will contact pp in app to see what they say regarding it.

Thank you everyone for your input.😊

Lets just hope some bright spark starts to actually mass produce *FREE energy* (which is already available) to the world, and STOP fat cat GREEDY corporations from earning on fossil fuels that are ruining our beatiful planet.

• If you are putting in accurate readings when prompted then it is irrelevant whether PP use an estimate on the actual reading day itself as it is not likely to be wildly inflated in just a couple of days.

Besides which, the following month when you put readings in again you are providing proper numbers so again your usage will be corrected each month and more or less accurate. It is better to provide readings on the reading day itself so you negate this estimate.

Unless your meter has a fault (which can occur, have you considered this or checked it out?) then you are being billed for your actual usage (Or very close to it).
  • If you are putting in accurate readings when prompted then it is irrelevant whether PP use an estimate on the actual reading day itself as it is not likely to be wildly inflated in just a couple of days.

Besides which, the following month when you put readings in again you are providing proper numbers so again your usage will be corrected each month and more or less accurate. It is better to provide readings on the reading day itself so you negate this estimate.

Unless your meter has a fault (which can occur, have you considered this or checked it out?) then you are being billed for your actual usage (Or very close to it).

• hi fleebleflam
    I've posted in excess of 3000 posts on here and no one has ever pulled me up on my manners (although I've been pulled up many times on my sense of humour, but that's fixed now because I've had a humour bypass operation on the NHS)..however that's no excuse, so if what I wrote offended I apologise. It isn't my intent to offend but to help you sort this out.

Have you considered the possibility that your annual usage figures don't reflect your actual annual usage?

My gut feeling from your posts is that it (the initial annual use figure your quote was based on) may be wrong, especially now that the same thing has happened with three suppliers. It is however easily checked, read on.

The photo is just to establish your meter initially, it's never been a required ongoing necessity (or possible) to submit a photo every time you give readings.
    It's easy to establish your actual use.

Have you kept bills from your previous suppliers? If so they should have readings on that you can use to check out your real usage.

It does happen and I've I've posted previously about this that some energy companies sign up customers by quoting a monthly amount based on an excessively low (is that an oxymoron?) usage, then after a while they increase the direct debit, but PP are not like that. They have quoted based on the information at the time, but it could be wrong.

The statement only has estimated readings for the days after you submit your readings, it's been explained why and Jenam's and others posts explain it well.
    The point is that there may be some estimated readings on the statement but the REAL readings submitted by you should be on there too. If they aren't we need to start again because that would change things.

Apart from looking at historic bills, you could start taking readings every few days (preferably at about the same time of day) over a couple of weeks and write them and the date down for both meters. The gas is going to be more of an issue to measure now because you use MUCH more when it's colder weather, hence why the older bills will be useful.

Your meter could be faulty (unlikely but possible), but if it's checked and found to be OK you'll be charged, so it's better to do some investigation first.

Here is a possible breakdown of my guess on the figures you've given, if you could share your original quote it would be helpful as I've had to make some assumptions.

Total Annual spend £566 (assumed from figures given)
    let's assume gas and electric are split equally (in the absence of any information)
    Subtract £66 which is £96 for membership and add £30 dual discount that leaves £500 for fuel

Assuming £0.14 for electric and £0.032 for gas (I don't know the area, and rates change according to area, so I have to guess with an average)

That's
    1786kWh electric and 7800kWh gas if split equally
    1428kWh elec and 9375kWh gas (if split 40/60 electric/gas)

and here are Ofgem's Typical Domestic Consumption Values
    Gas
    Low 8,000 Medium 12,000

Electricity: Profile Class 1
    Low 1,900 Medium 3,100

(and just to add that I based my original comments on the tone and content of your posts which included the following:
    i am a little concerned that pp are adding extra meter readings to our account! Sometimes i wish we had never switched at all.
    i think we are going to be switching again to a supplier that doesn't add there own estimated readings
    It's all seems a bit fishy to me.)

Manners Woz, manners!

I am not suspiciuos, or paronoid, fishy is just a word i used, nothing more������

When i first joined pp in Oct 18, i was submitting my meter readings with a photo, which i thought was an extremely good idea, but after a few updates of the app, it is no longer available to use, which is a shame������

Thank you everyone for your input.������

• hi fleebleflam
    I've posted in excess of 3000 posts on here and no one has ever pulled me up on my manners (although I've been pulled up many times on my sense of humour, but that's fixed now because I've had a humour bypass operation on the NHS)..however that's no excuse, so if what I wrote offended I apologise. It isn't my intent to offend but to help you sort this out.

Have you considered the possibility that your annual usage figures don't reflect your actual annual usage?

My gut feeling from your posts is that it (the initial annual use figure your quote was based on) may be wrong, especially now that the same thing has happened with three suppliers. It is however easily checked, read on.

The photo is just to establish your meter initially, it's never been a required ongoing necessity (or possible) to submit a photo every time you give readings.
    It's easy to establish your actual use.

Have you kept bills from your previous suppliers? If so they should have readings on that you can use to check out your real usage.

It does happen and I've I've posted previously about this that some energy companies sign up customers by quoting a monthly amount based on an excessively low (is that an oxymoron?) usage, then after a while they increase the direct debit, but PP are not like that. They have quoted based on the information at the time, but it could be wrong.

The statement only has estimated readings for the days after you submit your readings, it's been explained why and Jenam's and others posts explain it well.
    The point is that there may be some estimated readings on the statement but the REAL readings submitted by you should be on there too. If they aren't we need to start again because that would change things.

Apart from looking at historic bills, you could start taking readings every few days (preferably at about the same time of day) over a couple of weeks and write them and the date down for both meters. The gas is going to be more of an issue to measure now because you use MUCH more when it's colder weather, hence why the older bills will be useful.

Your meter could be faulty (unlikely but possible), but if it's checked and found to be OK you'll be charged, so it's better to do some investigation first.

Here is a possible breakdown of my guess on the figures you've given, if you could share your original quote it would be helpful as I've had to make some assumptions.

Total Annual spend £566 (assumed from figures given)
    let's assume gas and electric are split equally (in the absence of any information)
    Subtract £66 which is £96 for membership and add £30 dual discount that leaves £500 for fuel

Assuming £0.14 for electric and £0.032 for gas (I don't know the area, and rates change according to area, so I have to guess with an average)

That's
    1786kWh electric and 7800kWh gas if split equally
    1428kWh elec and 9375kWh gas (if split 40/60 electric/gas)

and here are Ofgem's Typical Domestic Consumption Values
    Gas
    Low 8,000 Medium 12,000

Electricity: Profile Class 1
    Low 1,900 Medium 3,100

(and just to add that I based my original comments on the tone and content of your posts which included the following:
    i am a little concerned that pp are adding extra meter readings to our account! Sometimes i wish we had never switched at all.
    i think we are going to be switching again to a supplier that doesn't add there own estimated readings
    It's all seems a bit fishy to me.)

Manners Woz, manners!

I am not suspiciuos, or paronoid, fishy is just a word i used, nothing more������

When i first joined pp in Oct 18, i was submitting my meter readings with a photo, which i thought was an extremely good idea, but after a few updates of the app, it is no longer available to use, which is a shame������

Thank you everyone for your input.������

• I have now contacted pp, so i will wait for the outcome. I haven't got the time, or energy (no pun intended) to go through figures and kw, i sent off the correct figures back in Oct 18, from my previous supplier, i don't see why they would be incorrect?

It seems all a bit too much for me, if this is what it takes just to use a supplier for energy, i now feel like leaving ALL energy suppliers and going to live in the wilderness with a shed load of Solar pannels and go back to basics. At least i won't have to deal with all of this GARBAGE!

1 post or 3000 posts doesn't mean squat Woz! Who cares! But apology accepted for your past brusque post. And i do think you need to go back to the NHS and complain, as the operation wasn't a great success!😊

Lets just hope some bright spark starts to actually mass produce the details for *FREE energy* (which is already available) to the world, and STOP fat cat GREEDY corporations from earning on fossil fuels that are ruining our beatiful planet.
    Last edited by fleebleflam; 02-05-19 at 15:11.
  • I have now contacted pp, so i will wait for the outcome. I haven't got the time, or energy (no pun intended) to go through figures and kw, i sent off the correct figures back in Oct 18, from my previous supplier, i don't see why they would be incorrect?

It seems all a bit too much for me, if this is what it takes just to use a supplier for energy, i now feel like leaving ALL energy suppliers and going to live in the wilderness with a shed load of Solar pannels and go back to basics. At least i won't have to deal with all of this GARBAGE!

1 post or 3000 posts doesn't mean squat Woz! Who cares! But apology accepted for your past brusque post. And i do think you need to go back to the NHS and complain, as the operation wasn't a great success!😊

Lets just hope some bright spark starts to actually mass produce the details for *FREE energy* (which is already available) to the world, and STOP fat cat GREEDY corporations from earning on fossil fuels that are ruining our beatiful planet.

• Hi fleebleflam, Looking forward to your next response after PP replies.

Woz does not need me or any other member to speak on the fellas behalf.
    But I well testify that multitudes of customers have been greatly assisted by Woz's consistent, analytical and solution based interest.

Have a great day Y'all and ​enough said!
  • Hi fleebleflam, Looking forward to your next response after PP replies.

But I well testify that multitudes of customers have been greatly assisted by Woz's consistent, analytical and solution based interest.

• If the humour bypass has failed I shall be taking action against the surgeon.
    I was assured it would work.
    Where there's blame there's a claim.

By the way, I now realise that I'm not paranoid, they really are out to get me....
    Last edited by woz; 02-05-19 at 16:16.
  • If the humour bypass has failed I shall be taking action against the surgeon.
    I was assured it would work.
    Where there's blame there's a claim.

By the way, I now realise that I'm not paranoid, they really are out to get me....

• Thanks G, (may I call you G?, that's kind of you.
    Hi fleebleflam, Looking forward to your next response after PP replies.

• Thanks G, (may I call you G?, that's kind of you.
    Hi fleebleflam, Looking forward to your next response after PP replies.

• G's cool and sorry I should of mentioned fine friendly humour which makes sure this forum is not to sterile
  • G's cool and sorry I should of mentioned fine friendly humour which makes sure this forum is not to sterile

• ahhh...sterile...you may be onto something there...perhaps that's why the operation failed...I think I was infected by
    ​Clot-stridium difficult (the poorer brother of Clostridium difficile if anyone asks..)

G's cool and sorry I should of mentioned fine friendly humour which makes sure this forum is not to sterile
  • ahhh...sterile...you may be onto something there...perhaps that's why the operation failed...I think I was infected by
    ​Clot-stridium difficult (the poorer brother of Clostridium difficile if anyone asks..)

G's cool and sorry I should of mentioned fine friendly humour which makes sure this forum is not to sterile

• Better slow down tiger or the guys in the whites will be round with the chloronorm
  • Better slow down tiger or the guys in the whites will be round with the chloronorm