• Will PurePlanet come and switch my meter?

Im expecting my supply to start in a couple of days but I have recently had my gas meter changed from a smart to standard pay as you go card meter. Could anyone explain to me if changes will/need to be made in regards to this? Mucho appreciated
    Tap below to see the best answer
  • Im expecting my supply to start in a couple of days but I have recently had my gas meter changed from a smart to standard pay as you go card meter. Could anyone explain to me if changes will/need to be made in regards to this? Mucho appreciated
    Tap below to see the best answer

• Best Answer

Quote Originally Posted by Adzjames View Post
    Im expecting my supply to start in a couple of days but I have recently had my gas meter changed from a smart to standard pay as you go card meter. Could anyone explain to me if changes will/need to be made in regards to this? Mucho appreciated

Hi Adzjames,
    As far as I know Pure Planet don't support card meters yet, have a look at this link for more information
    https://community.purepla.net/conten...anet#ckb_start

If you have recently had the meter changed it could be that the database had not yet been updated, and could be why it has not been picked up yet by Pure Planet
  • Quote Originally Posted by Adzjames View Post

Hi Adzjames,
    As far as I know Pure Planet don't support card meters yet, have a look at this link for more information
    https://community.purepla.net/conten...anet#ckb_start

If you have recently had the meter changed it could be that the database had not yet been updated, and could be why it has not been picked up yet by Pure Planet

• hi Adzjames
    ​PP don't support card meters, you'll need to have the meter changed to credit mode by the existing supplier.
    You should message the team asap and ask them to stop the switch while you have it changed by the current supplier or you're likely to be still having to top up the meter while PP are charging you- it will cause all sorts of problems.
    Go to help in the app, ask wattbot, type "message the team" and ask there also contact your existing supplier straight away.and ask them to change the meter to credit mode or to supply a meter that can be used in credit mode.

• hi Adzjames
    ​PP don't support card meters, you'll need to have the meter changed to credit mode by the existing supplier.
    You should message the team asap and ask them to stop the switch while you have it changed by the current supplier or you're likely to be still having to top up the meter while PP are charging you- it will cause all sorts of problems.
    Go to help in the app, ask wattbot, type "message the team" and ask there also contact your existing supplier straight away.and ask them to change the meter to credit mode or to supply a meter that can be used in credit mode.

• Hey @Adzjames

Thanks for posting this in the Community, I've flagged it with our Member Services team who've emailed you about it, to ensure there's no interruption to your supply - as Woz and Duppy said, we don't support standard pre-pay meters.
    @Duppy is 100% right that the database wouldn't have been updated which is why you were able to switch.

Glad we've been able to contact you about this now If you want to look out for their email it'll have subject line "FOR INFO: Your switch to Pure Planet".
  • Hey @Adzjames

Thanks for posting this in the Community, I've flagged it with our Member Services team who've emailed you about it, to ensure there's no interruption to your supply - as Woz and Duppy said, we don't support standard pre-pay meters.
    @Duppy is 100% right that the database wouldn't have been updated which is why you were able to switch.

Glad we've been able to contact you about this now If you want to look out for their email it'll have subject line "FOR INFO: Your switch to Pure Planet".