• Logging in to the app

Hi everyone. I hope someone can help. I am attempting to log in to the app on my Smartphone but each time I try an email is sent with a link. However this is useless to me as I do not have emails on my phone. How do I get around this?
    Tap below to see the best answer
    Last edited by Sadcity; 28-04-19 at 16:55. Reason: spelling error
  • Hi everyone. I hope someone can help. I am attempting to log in to the app on my Smartphone but each time I try an email is sent with a link. However this is useless to me as I do not have emails on my phone. How do I get around this?
    Tap below to see the best answer

• Best Answer

hi Sadcity
    The best method is to access your email on your phone, and that's the course I'd recommend, however..

OK, here's a method you can use. It's a bit long winded but since you haven't replied yet I can't help with possible alternative methods
    1. go to your email on whatever device you access it on - delete all login mails from PP
    2. go to app login screen on your phone and type in your email address. You'll get an email
    3. Go to https://tinyurl.com/ on your computer or tablet (whatever device you can get your email on)
    4. Go to the email and if on a pc right click on the pink link and copy link, or if on tablet hold finger on pink link (don't tap it!!) and when dialogue box appears press copy.
    5. Go back to tinyurl and paste copied link into box under where it says "Enter a long URL to make tiny:"
    6. Carefully write down the resultant url ..
    it will say
    The following URL:
    https://auth.purepla.net/original link longstringofcharacters blah blah blah.....

has a length of 217 characters and resulted in the following TinyURL which has a length of 28 characters:

this is an example:
    https://tinyurl.com/a1bcd2ef
    Write the link down carefully paying attention, it has to be exact.
    Go back to your phone which has to be connected to the internet and open a browser window and type the short link into the address bar and enter.
    What happens?
    Report back.
    Last edited by woz; 28-04-19 at 19:32.
  • hi Sadcity
    The best method is to access your email on your phone, and that's the course I'd recommend, however..

OK, here's a method you can use. It's a bit long winded but since you haven't replied yet I can't help with possible alternative methods
    1. go to your email on whatever device you access it on - delete all login mails from PP
    2. go to app login screen on your phone and type in your email address. You'll get an email
    3. Go to https://tinyurl.com/ on your computer or tablet (whatever device you can get your email on)
    4. Go to the email and if on a pc right click on the pink link and copy link, or if on tablet hold finger on pink link (don't tap it!!) and when dialogue box appears press copy.
    5. Go back to tinyurl and paste copied link into box under where it says "Enter a long URL to make tiny:"
    6. Carefully write down the resultant url ..
    it will say
    The following URL:
    https://auth.purepla.net/original link longstringofcharacters blah blah blah.....

has a length of 217 characters and resulted in the following TinyURL which has a length of 28 characters:

this is an example:
    https://tinyurl.com/a1bcd2ef
    Write the link down carefully paying attention, it has to be exact.
    Go back to your phone which has to be connected to the internet and open a browser window and type the short link into the address bar and enter.
    What happens?
    Report back.

• hi Sadcity
    There are various ways to do this but how you do it depends on lots of other things.
    I'll be right back in a minute, just need to check some possibilities, but while I'm away can you answer the following:
    1 Who is your email provider? gmail, yahoo, outlook etc etc.
    2 Are you android or ios on your phone and what phone is it?
    3 What apps do you have on your phone which connect to the outside world, for example messenger, whatsapp, etc?
    4 What device do you get your email on, a PC a mac an ipad an android tablet etc.

Once logged in if you don't log out you won't have this problem every time, but we need to get you logged in...
    I'll be back....just checking the login link and I have an idea...
  • hi Sadcity
    There are various ways to do this but how you do it depends on lots of other things.
    I'll be right back in a minute, just need to check some possibilities, but while I'm away can you answer the following:
    1 Who is your email provider? gmail, yahoo, outlook etc etc.
    2 Are you android or ios on your phone and what phone is it?
    3 What apps do you have on your phone which connect to the outside world, for example messenger, whatsapp, etc?
    4 What device do you get your email on, a PC a mac an ipad an android tablet etc.

Once logged in if you don't log out you won't have this problem every time, but we need to get you logged in...
    I'll be back....just checking the login link and I have an idea...

• Quote Originally Posted by Sadcity View Post
    Hi everyone. I hope someone can help. I am attempting to log in to the app on my Smartphone but each time I try an email is sent with a link. However this is useless to me as I do not have emails on my phone. How do I get around this?
    This thread may help

https://community.purepla.net/thread...?highlight=Log

Good luck
    Stephen
  • Quote Originally Posted by Sadcity View Post
    This thread may help

https://community.purepla.net/thread...?highlight=Log

Good luck
    Stephen

• Hi Woz, Thanks for your reply. My email provider is karoo (who you say! - I'm from Hull so everything goes through KCOM). My phone is an android Honor 10 Lite (Huawei) and I have Whatsapp and Messenger available. I get my emails on a laptop (Windows 7). Hope this helps.
  • Hi Woz, Thanks for your reply. My email provider is karoo (who you say! - I'm from Hull so everything goes through KCOM). My phone is an android Honor 10 Lite (Huawei) and I have Whatsapp and Messenger available. I get my emails on a laptop (Windows 7). Hope this helps.

• hi Sadcity
    read my reply above which will work (I've tried it for the community login) and as alternatives .. see below
    if your email is web based why can't you log into your email in a browser on the phone? By far the best solution.
    YOU CAN LOG IN HERE
    But as an alternative if you can copy the link and send it to your whatsapp (have a look here) then it will be on your phone and you can then use the link to log in
    Sorry to hear you're from Hull...that explains it...(joking)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sadcity View Post
    Hi Woz, Thanks for your reply. My email provider is karoo (who you say! - I'm from Hull so everything goes through KCOM). My phone is an android Honor 10 Lite (Huawei) and I have Whatsapp and Messenger available. I get my emails on a laptop (Windows 7). Hope this helps.
    Last edited by woz; 29-04-19 at 14:02.
  • hi Sadcity
    read my reply above which will work (I've tried it for the community login) and as alternatives .. see below
    if your email is web based why can't you log into your email in a browser on the phone? By far the best solution.
    YOU CAN LOG IN HERE
    But as an alternative if you can copy the link and send it to your whatsapp (have a look here) then it will be on your phone and you can then use the link to log in
    Sorry to hear you're from Hull...that explains it...(joking)
    Hi Woz, Thanks for your reply. My email provider is karoo (who you say! - I'm from Hull so everything goes through KCOM). My phone is an android Honor 10 Lite (Huawei) and I have Whatsapp and Messenger available. I get my emails on a laptop (Windows 7). Hope this helps.

• Fantastic. Well done - I got in at the first attempt. Thanks again.
  • Fantastic. Well done - I got in at the first attempt. Thanks again.

• You're welcome glad it worked!
    DON'T LOG OUT!!! or you'll have to do it again. You can close the app without logging out.
    Fantastic. Well done - I got in at the first attempt. Thanks again.
  • You're welcome glad it worked!
    DON'T LOG OUT!!! or you'll have to do it again. You can close the app without logging out.
    Fantastic. Well done - I got in at the first attempt. Thanks again.