• Meter readings

Hi,

I am new to this system and have been sending readings in. I am worried though I am not reading my meter correctly and what happens if I am sending in the wrong readings!

Thank you

Anneka
    Tap below to see the best answer
  • Hi,

I am new to this system and have been sending readings in. I am worried though I am not reading my meter correctly and what happens if I am sending in the wrong readings!

Thank you

Anneka
    Tap below to see the best answer

• Best Answer

hi Anneka23
    If you've sent in the wrong readings you can submit correct ones a day or more later (you can send readings once a day but you only need to send them in monthly).
    If you think you've sent the wrong readings in it might also be prudent after you've sent the correct ones in just to let PP know through help in the app, ask wattbot, type "message the team" and post your message - explain what you've done

​You must read the actual meter itself not any in-home-display you might have. Also if you're in doubt after reading about how to read the meter come back here, there is always help to be had.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anneka23 View Post
    Hi,

Thank you

Anneka
  • hi Anneka23
    If you've sent in the wrong readings you can submit correct ones a day or more later (you can send readings once a day but you only need to send them in monthly).
    If you think you've sent the wrong readings in it might also be prudent after you've sent the correct ones in just to let PP know through help in the app, ask wattbot, type "message the team" and post your message - explain what you've done

​You must read the actual meter itself not any in-home-display you might have. Also if you're in doubt after reading about how to read the meter come back here, there is always help to be had.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anneka23 View Post
    Hi,

Thank you

Anneka

• Hi Anneka
    As this is your first post, welcome to the Pure Planet community! There are lots of your fellow customers here who will offer what help they can.
    I wonder why you are concerned about your meter readings? When you switched there was a process that would have checked and agreed the readings that were the final reading for your old supplier, and the starting figure for Pure Planet. Reaching that agreement can take up to six weeks, but when it has happened, you have an agreed starting point, and that will help to tell you if your subsequent readings are accurate. First, if they are out of line, there's every chance the app will tell you, and ask you to check. Second, your readings should produce a statement showing that your usage is somewhere close to your direct debit payment. If that's badly out, then Pure Planet will contact you by email.

Finally, have a look at this advice about reading your meter: https://community.purepla.net/conten...eter#ckb_start

If you are still concerned, come back here and explain a bit more, and people will do what they can to help.

Best wishes
    Stephen
  • Hi Anneka
    As this is your first post, welcome to the Pure Planet community! There are lots of your fellow customers here who will offer what help they can.
    I wonder why you are concerned about your meter readings? When you switched there was a process that would have checked and agreed the readings that were the final reading for your old supplier, and the starting figure for Pure Planet. Reaching that agreement can take up to six weeks, but when it has happened, you have an agreed starting point, and that will help to tell you if your subsequent readings are accurate. First, if they are out of line, there's every chance the app will tell you, and ask you to check. Second, your readings should produce a statement showing that your usage is somewhere close to your direct debit payment. If that's badly out, then Pure Planet will contact you by email.

Finally, have a look at this advice about reading your meter: https://community.purepla.net/conten...eter#ckb_start

If you are still concerned, come back here and explain a bit more, and people will do what they can to help.

Best wishes
    Stephen