• Econ 10 Meter change over

I cannot understand how I was able to change to Pure Planet.

i have an economy 10 meter. On their site it clearly states you cannot change to PP if you have such Meter?

Yet with no problems it would appear that I have been switched.

why is this?
    Tap below to see the best answer
  • I cannot understand how I was able to change to Pure Planet.

i have an economy 10 meter. On their site it clearly states you cannot change to PP if you have such Meter?

why is this?
    Tap below to see the best answer

• Best Answer

Great in depth reply @woz and you're right -

We can support E7 and E10 meters, though as pointed out by @Strutt G @stephenrand and woz, we only have one tariff which means we don't have different rates for day/night usage.

E10 meters are often (but not always!) classed as a 'related supply' - this is something we can't currently support. It's entirely possible your meter is E10 but not related, in which case that's how you're on supply with us @Blackbird15

Hope that's helped clear this up for you!
  • Great in depth reply @woz and you're right -

We can support E7 and E10 meters, though as pointed out by @Strutt G @stephenrand and woz, we only have one tariff which means we don't have different rates for day/night usage.

E10 meters are often (but not always!) classed as a 'related supply' - this is something we can't currently support. It's entirely possible your meter is E10 but not related, in which case that's how you're on supply with us @Blackbird15

Hope that's helped clear this up for you!

• Hi Blackbird,

Welcome to the community.
    I guess you have the APP up and running and have paid your first DD.
    I'm not up on Economy Metres, but I do know that E7 metres are supported and believe E10 also.

What I do know is that PP provides only one flexible tariff for all its customers based on our cost price clean energy purchased with no mark up.

Look out for more feedback from other customer members who will have better knowledge on this topic.

​If in doubt, utilise help facility within the APP by opening wattBot. First Type "Message the Team" and you will get a response within 2 days or sooner.

All the best
  • Hi Blackbird,

Welcome to the community.
    I guess you have the APP up and running and have paid your first DD.
    I'm not up on Economy Metres, but I do know that E7 metres are supported and believe E10 also.

What I do know is that PP provides only one flexible tariff for all its customers based on our cost price clean energy purchased with no mark up.

Look out for more feedback from other customer members who will have better knowledge on this topic.

​If in doubt, utilise help facility within the APP by opening wattBot. First Type "Message the Team" and you will get a response within 2 days or sooner.

All the best

• Quote Originally Posted by Blackbird15 View Post

why is this?
    Hi there

In Jan 18 a former staff member posted "If you join up to Pure Planet, your Economy 10 meter will perform as a normal meter. When you join up, our app should register that you have an Economy 10 meter and ask you for day and night meter readings. I had the the same process when I joined up in April

Does that make sense?"

Hope it still makes sense? I can't find where it says you can't switch with economy 10. It does say you can't get two tariffs...
  • Quote Originally Posted by Blackbird15 View Post

why is this?
    Hi there

In Jan 18 a former staff member posted "If you join up to Pure Planet, your Economy 10 meter will perform as a normal meter. When you join up, our app should register that you have an Economy 10 meter and ask you for day and night meter readings. I had the the same process when I joined up in April

Does that make sense?"

Hope it still makes sense? I can't find where it says you can't switch with economy 10. It does say you can't get two tariffs...

• This post is pure speculation - please don't take it as gospel and if it's completely off track I'd like it deleted.
    I think @Marc or @Nataly need to help with this one but here's my take on where the confusion may have arisen, (and still largely resides).
    Pure planet don't support an Economy 10 tariff, nor do they support having a related supply with a meter on each supply.
    And this is where my (the) confusion arises - I think, but I'm not sure, that Economy 10 can either be 1 dual meter on one MPAN supply or 2 meters on two MPANs - one supply each. (or maybe 3 readings on 2 supplies in some cases? or perhaps one meter on two mpan's but I'm not sure)

anyway...if you have one MPAN and 2 readings then PP can as is their choice, ignore the physical setup of the meter and associated timing (which changes from area to area) - they can't however say that they are offering an economy 10 tariff as that would be misleading. (see below re E7 it's their choice) and can treat the meter readings as they wish. It is however important that the meter database continues to know you're on Economy 10 in case in the future you switch to a provider who offers an Economy 10 tariff, but as far as PP are concerned if you have one MPAN and a high and low reading their systems can cope, and as long as you provide the correct readings then PP (who happen to charge the same rate for the readings at any time, but that's just their choice and isn't really relevant) can bill accordingly.
    Not all Economy 10 setups are the same, many do have 2 MPANs. Some even have 3 readings

I think that may go some way in explaining why you've been able to switch even though classed as Economy 10 on the database.
    There is a legal side to this in that anyone doing that needs to be fully aware that in that case ALL of their consumption will be charged at the same rate whatever the time.

I know that some other companies would where it was advantageous and more so the customer's choice, allow Economy 7 customers to switch to a non E7 tariff (they would still provide 2 readings and the system continued to class them as E7 but the billing didn't), because for example their night usage was not high enough to choose the equivalent E7 tariff, a normal tariff worked out cheaper.
    I think this is a similar situation.

Neither do PP offer a specific E7 tariff
    , one tariff only (day and night rates are equal). As far as customers are concerned I think that could cause confusion because the customers need to know that their meters are still classed and listed on the database as E7. The same applies to E10.
    If the above is the case and it's not just an error(I hope it isn't!) or the database being wrong, then more work is needed to make this a lot clearer.
  • This post is pure speculation - please don't take it as gospel and if it's completely off track I'd like it deleted.
    I think @Marc or @Nataly need to help with this one but here's my take on where the confusion may have arisen, (and still largely resides).
    Pure planet don't support an Economy 10 tariff, nor do they support having a related supply with a meter on each supply.
    And this is where my (the) confusion arises - I think, but I'm not sure, that Economy 10 can either be 1 dual meter on one MPAN supply or 2 meters on two MPANs - one supply each. (or maybe 3 readings on 2 supplies in some cases? or perhaps one meter on two mpan's but I'm not sure)

anyway...if you have one MPAN and 2 readings then PP can as is their choice, ignore the physical setup of the meter and associated timing (which changes from area to area) - they can't however say that they are offering an economy 10 tariff as that would be misleading. (see below re E7 it's their choice) and can treat the meter readings as they wish. It is however important that the meter database continues to know you're on Economy 10 in case in the future you switch to a provider who offers an Economy 10 tariff, but as far as PP are concerned if you have one MPAN and a high and low reading their systems can cope, and as long as you provide the correct readings then PP (who happen to charge the same rate for the readings at any time, but that's just their choice and isn't really relevant) can bill accordingly.
    Not all Economy 10 setups are the same, many do have 2 MPANs. Some even have 3 readings

I think that may go some way in explaining why you've been able to switch even though classed as Economy 10 on the database.
    There is a legal side to this in that anyone doing that needs to be fully aware that in that case ALL of their consumption will be charged at the same rate whatever the time.

I know that some other companies would where it was advantageous and more so the customer's choice, allow Economy 7 customers to switch to a non E7 tariff (they would still provide 2 readings and the system continued to class them as E7 but the billing didn't), because for example their night usage was not high enough to choose the equivalent E7 tariff, a normal tariff worked out cheaper.
    I think this is a similar situation.

Neither do PP offer a specific E7 tariff
    , one tariff only (day and night rates are equal). As far as customers are concerned I think that could cause confusion because the customers need to know that their meters are still classed and listed on the database as E7. The same applies to E10.
    If the above is the case and it's not just an error(I hope it isn't!) or the database being wrong, then more work is needed to make this a lot clearer.