• Old Gas supplier didn't receive the meter reading from Pure Planet

Hi there,

Would need your help for this one below!

My old gas supplier didn't receive the meter reading from Pure Planet. I called my old supplier:they need to receive the meter reading from Pure planet in order to reimburse me the money for they owe me and close my account.

I thought everything was managed by Pure Planet. I sent the meter reading for electricity and gas on time and I bevel that's all what I needed to do.

​How can I get in touch with Pure Planet team so they give the gas meter reading to my old supplier?

Thank you!
    Tap below to see the best answer
    Last edited by Nanou83; 23-04-19 at 19:55.
  • Hi there,

My old gas supplier didn't receive the meter reading from Pure Planet. I called my old supplier:they need to receive the meter reading from Pure planet in order to reimburse me the money for they owe me and close my account.

I thought everything was managed by Pure Planet. I sent the meter reading for electricity and gas on time and I bevel that's all what I needed to do.

​How can I get in touch with Pure Planet team so they give the gas meter reading to my old supplier?

Thank you!
    Tap below to see the best answer

• Best Answer

Hello there Nanou83,

Welcome to the community a forum set up and supported by PP for customer members like ourselves to provide assistance and feedback.
    First of all did you old supplier advise you that it can take up to six weeks (under industry terms) for the final bill to be produced?
    The final bill often takes less time to be produced but then factor in the reimbursement process.
    Its not PP's responsibility other than as you have indicated to provide your old supplier with the reads and guess you have retained your own records and images during changes, not that I'm saying you will need them. I'm just a firm believer of keeping control!

I would not be surprised if your old supplier has the reads.. or its still in-between the third party verification process....that process I only recently learnt about.

Anyway enough of my waffle, yes contact PP to get a PP team members response.

Utilise the APP.
    To get a team members response then follow these instructions via the APP.
    ​1) Open help
    2) Open ask wattBot
    3)First type "Message the Team" post your question
    4) Takes up to 2 days for a PP team members response or sooner
    5) Look back in the APP for the response - if you forget you get a text prompt as a reminder

Good luck and hope you get sorted soon!
    Last edited by Strutt G; 23-04-19 at 20:21.
  • Hello there Nanou83,

Welcome to the community a forum set up and supported by PP for customer members like ourselves to provide assistance and feedback.
    First of all did you old supplier advise you that it can take up to six weeks (under industry terms) for the final bill to be produced?
    The final bill often takes less time to be produced but then factor in the reimbursement process.
    Its not PP's responsibility other than as you have indicated to provide your old supplier with the reads and guess you have retained your own records and images during changes, not that I'm saying you will need them. I'm just a firm believer of keeping control!

I would not be surprised if your old supplier has the reads.. or its still in-between the third party verification process....that process I only recently learnt about.

Anyway enough of my waffle, yes contact PP to get a PP team members response.

Utilise the APP.
    To get a team members response then follow these instructions via the APP.
    ​1) Open help
    2) Open ask wattBot
    3)First type "Message the Team" post your question
    4) Takes up to 2 days for a PP team members response or sooner
    5) Look back in the APP for the response - if you forget you get a text prompt as a reminder

Good luck and hope you get sorted soon!

• Hey @Nanou83 - just to add to Strutt G's great explanation of the reading validation process - you can also check out our FAQ all about when you switch and what happens with your opening meter readings here.

If it's been longer than 6 weeks since you switched you can get in touch with the team via WattBot as nicely explained above
  • Hey @Nanou83 - just to add to Strutt G's great explanation of the reading validation process - you can also check out our FAQ all about when you switch and what happens with your opening meter readings here.

If it's been longer than 6 weeks since you switched you can get in touch with the team via WattBot as nicely explained above

• Quote Originally Posted by Nanou83 View Post
    Hi there,

Thank you!
    Hi @Nanou83
    Welcome to the community!
    Thanks for posting.
    When did you switch to PP? @Strutt G is spot on, it takes up to six weeks for opening readings to be validated and final bills sent out.
    Also it's normal for gas to take a bit longer than elecricity.
    Check out this FAQ which has a bit more info.
    Hope that helps!
    Community Manager - Pure Planet

• Quote Originally Posted by Nanou83 View Post
    Hi there,

Thank you!
    Hi @Nanou83
    Welcome to the community!
    Thanks for posting.
    When did you switch to PP? @Strutt G is spot on, it takes up to six weeks for opening readings to be validated and final bills sent out.
    Also it's normal for gas to take a bit longer than elecricity.
    Check out this FAQ which has a bit more info.
    Hope that helps!
    Community Manager - Pure Planet