• Reminder to those who havent.

Now we are getting longer days, review your heating and hot water. Hot water doesnt need a long time to heat. If it is not needed reschedule or just manually heat for when needed. Same with heating boost your rads if chilly for an hour rather than heat for set periods of time where you are wasting energy. Hive heating means you can boost from a convenient hive hub, phone or device with hive app.
  • Now we are getting longer days, review your heating and hot water. Hot water doesnt need a long time to heat. If it is not needed reschedule or just manually heat for when needed. Same with heating boost your rads if chilly for an hour rather than heat for set periods of time where you are wasting energy. Hive heating means you can boost from a convenient hive hub, phone or device with hive app.

• Hi Richie,
    Good point and well made ! As a tight Scot.....I also think along those lines. Just a question about the benefits of a Hive (type) system......Now I love technology, and the improvements it can bring to our lives......but.....I can't justify/understand the initial outlay for these systems. However I'm open to being educated on this.
    Gray4276
  • Hi Richie,
    Good point and well made ! As a tight Scot.....I also think along those lines. Just a question about the benefits of a Hive (type) system......Now I love technology, and the improvements it can bring to our lives......but.....I can't justify/understand the initial outlay for these systems. However I'm open to being educated on this.
    Gray4276

• Thanks @Richie, it's always nice to have a reminder to save money, rather than spend it. We have a Hive and are really impressed - so convenient. When we aren't in the house is cold, then on the way home we pop the heating on and it's super cosy on our arrival.
  • Thanks @Richie, it's always nice to have a reminder to save money, rather than spend it. We have a Hive and are really impressed - so convenient. When we aren't in the house is cold, then on the way home we pop the heating on and it's super cosy on our arrival.

• Not too expensive @Gray4276. Sale on at the mo. Go to https://www.hivehome.com/
  • Not too expensive @Gray4276. Sale on at the mo. Go to https://www.hivehome.com/

• I don't understand your point. If it's warmer heating won't come on because thermostat isn't calling for heat. Same with hot water - once it's heated, it's done.
  • I don't understand your point. If it's warmer heating won't come on because thermostat isn't calling for heat. Same with hot water - once it's heated, it's done.

• hi talldave
    not strictly true but I take your point, it depends on 2 things, how good the insulation is, and the temperature of water going in which will be warmer as the weather warms.
    It makes more sense to heat the water nearer the time you're going to use it as the losses will be less, but I agree t's not really a significant saving unless the insulation isn't up to scratch.
    Quote Originally Posted by talldave View Post
    I don't understand your point. If it's warmer heating won't come on because thermostat isn't calling for heat. Same with hot water - once it's heated, it's done.
  • hi talldave
    not strictly true but I take your point, it depends on 2 things, how good the insulation is, and the temperature of water going in which will be warmer as the weather warms.
    It makes more sense to heat the water nearer the time you're going to use it as the losses will be less, but I agree t's not really a significant saving unless the insulation isn't up to scratch.
    Quote Originally Posted by talldave View Post
    I don't understand your point. If it's warmer heating won't come on because thermostat isn't calling for heat. Same with hot water - once it's heated, it's done.

• Ok, but the days aren't getting longer, they're still 24 hours! The fact there's more daylight doesn't change most people's routines? That said are most people so predictable that they can time hot water heating to the split second? Personally I want the water heated a good hour before I expect to be up, so there's never a cold water moment from an early rise.

Heating can be sorted with an optimum start thermostat, once set you can leave it on auto 365 days a year.
  • Ok, but the days aren't getting longer, they're still 24 hours! The fact there's more daylight doesn't change most people's routines? That said are most people so predictable that they can time hot water heating to the split second? Personally I want the water heated a good hour before I expect to be up, so there's never a cold water moment from an early rise.

Heating can be sorted with an optimum start thermostat, once set you can leave it on auto 365 days a year.