• Meter reading and estimations

I enjoy using your company but starting to get annoyed as to when I have sent you meter readings 2 days before the 12 month u then estimate the other 2 days. This doesn’t make sense unless I give readings exactly on the 12 th. can you sort this out otherwise why bother sending a reading if your only going to estimate it. You should be taking the reading I give you. Please sort this pure planet or otherwise may start to look else where which is a shame as your service is good just stop about with more estimations once I given you the reading .

Rgds Jayantha
    Tap below to see the best answer
    Last edited by Nataly; 18-04-19 at 11:24. Reason: Removing profanity
  • I enjoy using your company but starting to get annoyed as to when I have sent you meter readings 2 days before the 12 month u then estimate the other 2 days. This doesn’t make sense unless I give readings exactly on the 12 th. can you sort this out otherwise why bother sending a reading if your only going to estimate it. You should be taking the reading I give you. Please sort this pure planet or otherwise may start to look else where which is a shame as your service is good just stop about with more estimations once I given you the reading .

Rgds Jayantha
    Tap below to see the best answer

• Best Answer

hi Jayantha
    I may as well jump in here with a slightly different perspective.
    Your billing date is fixed, but you have the option of sending readings in whenever it's convenient for you.
    Readings you submit will go onto the statement, but if you submit a reading before your billing date PP have to estimate the remaining days to your billing date.
    You could submit at the last possible moment but why be tied to do that just to avoid a small amount of temporary estimation which was going to be corrected anyway. (I do but then I'm a bit OCD, but if I miss it so be it)
    The only other way to do this would be to create a bill every time someone sent in a reading, which clearly would be a nonsense. So you can see why some days have to be estimated.
    If PP had written "We think you're going to use X units between your reading and the billing date, this is our best guess but it will be corrected at your next reading" I suspect you wouldn't be so annoyed.
    Of course it's your prerogative to be annoyed.....
    Happy Easter!
  • hi Jayantha
    I may as well jump in here with a slightly different perspective.
    Your billing date is fixed, but you have the option of sending readings in whenever it's convenient for you.
    Readings you submit will go onto the statement, but if you submit a reading before your billing date PP have to estimate the remaining days to your billing date.
    You could submit at the last possible moment but why be tied to do that just to avoid a small amount of temporary estimation which was going to be corrected anyway. (I do but then I'm a bit OCD, but if I miss it so be it)
    The only other way to do this would be to create a bill every time someone sent in a reading, which clearly would be a nonsense. So you can see why some days have to be estimated.
    If PP had written "We think you're going to use X units between your reading and the billing date, this is our best guess but it will be corrected at your next reading" I suspect you wouldn't be so annoyed.
    Of course it's your prerogative to be annoyed.....
    Happy Easter!

• Quote Originally Posted by Jayantha View Post
    I enjoy using your company but starting to get annoyed as to when I have sent you meter readings 2 days before the 12 month u then estimate the other 2 days. This doesn’t make sense unless I give readings exactly on the 12 th. can you sort this out otherwise why bother sending a reading if your only going to estimate it. You should be taking the reading I give you. Please sort this pure planet or otherwise may start to look else where which is a shame as your service is good just stop about with more estimations once I given you the reading .

Rgds Jayantha

Hi Jayantha,
    While I agree it can be a little annoying to see estimated and actual readings on your statement, I personally don't have a problem with it. PP have decided to do this to keep statements as accurate as possible. Have you ever checked the estimated readings, I have and they are pretty accurate.

In the grand scheme of things it doesn't really matter as your monthly payments remain the same, and the estimated readings are used to start the next months cycle.

It would be a shame to swap providers over a minor irritation when you say you are happy otherwise.
    If you want to stop estimated readings, the best way is to provide them on the date mentioned in the email, these readings will then be used to generate your statement.
    Last edited by Nataly; 23-04-19 at 09:24. Reason: Removing profanity

Rgds Jayantha

Hi Jayantha,
    While I agree it can be a little annoying to see estimated and actual readings on your statement, I personally don't have a problem with it. PP have decided to do this to keep statements as accurate as possible. Have you ever checked the estimated readings, I have and they are pretty accurate.

In the grand scheme of things it doesn't really matter as your monthly payments remain the same, and the estimated readings are used to start the next months cycle.

It would be a shame to swap providers over a minor irritation when you say you are happy otherwise.
    If you want to stop estimated readings, the best way is to provide them on the date mentioned in the email, these readings will then be used to generate your statement.

Rgds Jayantha
    Hi there
    Just in case it's worth adding a couple of things to Duppy's excellent answer...

1. When you post here you are talking to your fellow customers, not directly to Pure Planet
    2. The answers are much the same as when you posted a month ago

Bearing in mind that some people won't send a reading at all, and if you find it very irritating you can avoid the estimation by sending in your readings on the specific day, and it doesn't affect your direct debit... it simply means that your monthly usage figures are a little more comparable.

My estimate is that this might not help much, but it was worth a try!
    Stephen
    Last edited by Nataly; 23-04-19 at 09:25. Reason: Removing profanity

Rgds Jayantha
    Hi there
    Just in case it's worth adding a couple of things to Duppy's excellent answer...

1. When you post here you are talking to your fellow customers, not directly to Pure Planet
    2. The answers are much the same as when you posted a month ago

Bearing in mind that some people won't send a reading at all, and if you find it very irritating you can avoid the estimation by sending in your readings on the specific day, and it doesn't affect your direct debit... it simply means that your monthly usage figures are a little more comparable.

My estimate is that this might not help much, but it was worth a try!
    Stephen

• Hello Jayantha,

Just to add:
    We all get the moon prompt as a reminder 3 days in advance of our statement date.
    So its a great tool to remind peeps a little sooner than rather than on the day.

But to be accurate then you can submit readings (and every 24 hours) and on the statement date.
    Will submitting your actual readings v the 3 days estimated alter much then no because its just a few pence.

Have a great weekend
  • Hello Jayantha,

Just to add:
    We all get the moon prompt as a reminder 3 days in advance of our statement date.
    So its a great tool to remind peeps a little sooner than rather than on the day.

But to be accurate then you can submit readings (and every 24 hours) and on the statement date.
    Will submitting your actual readings v the 3 days estimated alter much then no because its just a few pence.

Have a great weekend