• Quote Originally Posted by Gmac View Post
    Hi Marc,

Another 6 weeks on and I’ve still not heard anything from Magnum?
    Hey @Gmac
    I've checked this out with our smart meters team.
    Looks like there's an issue getting a data signal at your postcode.
    Do you live in remote area?
    Community Manager - Pure Planet

Hi Marc,

Another 6 weeks on and I’ve still not heard anything from Magnum?
    Hey @Gmac

• Quote Originally Posted by Marc View Post
    Hey @Gmac
    Hi Mark, thanks for the reply. What exactly is a data signal? I have 4g and have a download internet speed of 75mbps. I live 30 minutes outside Aberdeen and I wouldn’t class it as remote. I’m in a village of over 1000 people.

Tia
  • Quote Originally Posted by Marc View Post
    Hey @Gmac
    Hi Mark, thanks for the reply. What exactly is a data signal? I have 4g and have a download internet speed of 75mbps. I live 30 minutes outside Aberdeen and I wouldn’t class it as remote. I’m in a village of over 1000 people.

Tia

Tia
    Hi @Gmac
    Good question!
    It's not related to your wifi speeds. Smart meters connect to a secure data network (run by Arqiva in the North, and Telefonica in the Central and South) - it's this network strength that can sometimes be a bit weak.
    Check out this post which explains it a bit more.

Tia
    Hi @Gmac
    Good question!
    It's not related to your wifi speeds. Smart meters connect to a secure data network (run by Arqiva in the North, and Telefonica in the Central and South) - it's this network strength that can sometimes be a bit weak.
    Check out this post which explains it a bit more.

• Following my Smart Meter install I received a questionnaire asking my views on the install process. This very much related to Magnum’s performance which in my case was really good. Is there a follow up questionnaire planned for collating some of the other teething problems people are having, for example with IHD’s in order to try and remove prior to full roll out?
  • Following my Smart Meter install I received a questionnaire asking my views on the install process. This very much related to Magnum’s performance which in my case was really good. Is there a follow up questionnaire planned for collating some of the other teething problems people are having, for example with IHD’s in order to try and remove prior to full roll out?