• Pure Planet Community Spotlight April 2019 - Scubaseahorse

This month the Pure Planet Community spotlights shines on member @Scubaseahorse

Boasting one of the best usernames in our community @Scubaseahorse did reveal that she is a trained scuba diver when she visited the PP offices alongside other Members last month.

We know from her posts here in the community that @Scubaseahorse is into photography and Game of Thrones.

Here she tells us a bit more about herself. Thanks for agreeing to take part in the ‘spotlight’ feature @Scubaseahorse and for being such a fantastic member of the community!

Name:  Pure Planet Community spotlight Scubaseahorse.png
Views: 147
Size:  355.4 KB

The community spotlight is a regular feature to find out a little bit more about who we are, what we like, and maybe what we don't like!

Other members who've taken part include Oakbank and Daspy and David j and MrSmart and loads more!

If you’d like to take part in the community spotlight series, or if you’d like to nominate a fellow member, send me a DM anytime.
    Community Manager - Pure Planet

• This month the Pure Planet Community spotlights shines on member @Scubaseahorse

Boasting one of the best usernames in our community @Scubaseahorse did reveal that she is a trained scuba diver when she visited the PP offices alongside other Members last month.

We know from her posts here in the community that @Scubaseahorse is into photography and Game of Thrones.

Here she tells us a bit more about herself. Thanks for agreeing to take part in the ‘spotlight’ feature @Scubaseahorse and for being such a fantastic member of the community!

Name:  Pure Planet Community spotlight Scubaseahorse.png
Views: 147
Size:  355.4 KB

The community spotlight is a regular feature to find out a little bit more about who we are, what we like, and maybe what we don't like!

Other members who've taken part include Oakbank and Daspy and David j and MrSmart and loads more!

If you’d like to take part in the community spotlight series, or if you’d like to nominate a fellow member, send me a DM anytime.
    Community Manager - Pure Planet

• Nice spotlight.
    ​£80 a month for a 5 bed house! You must have been living in thermal underwear! (or perhaps it's colder up North)
    A big for the repairs!
  • Nice spotlight.
    ​£80 a month for a 5 bed house! You must have been living in thermal underwear! (or perhaps it's colder up North)
    A big for the repairs!
  • 😂😂😂 @woz,

Only two of us in the house,(and prices have climbed since then).
    Building works are progressing well 🤞👍
  • 😂😂😂 @woz,

Only two of us in the house,(and prices have climbed since then).
    Building works are progressing well 🤞👍
  • Such an interesting spotlight 💡, Scuba! Loved that! 🙀👍

Wow, fantastic place name! Midsomer Norton! Sounds like a TV drama 👍

Always wondered re your user name, ya know! All clear now 👍👍👍

Thanks sooooo much for loving the photo comp 📸🖼👍

A really interesting read, thanks Scuba! 👏👏👏👏
    Peace is always beautiful.

WALT WHITMAN

Avatar - Saturn pics slightly boring so socks it is!
  • Such an interesting spotlight 💡, Scuba! Loved that! 🙀👍

Wow, fantastic place name! Midsomer Norton! Sounds like a TV drama 👍

Always wondered re your user name, ya know! All clear now 👍👍👍

Thanks sooooo much for loving the photo comp 📸🖼👍

A really interesting read, thanks Scuba! 👏👏👏👏
    Peace is always beautiful.

WALT WHITMAN

Avatar - Saturn pics slightly boring so socks it is!
  • Aww thanks @Bev 😊
  • Aww thanks @Bev 😊
  • Great Spot light and being a paramedic is such a demanding and rewarding thing to do.
    Paramedics looked after my late mother on several occasions.
  • Great Spot light and being a paramedic is such a demanding and rewarding thing to do.
    Paramedics looked after my late mother on several occasions.
  • Thanks @StruttG,

Yes, it was the best job ever, but a back injury brought me to a halt.
  • Thanks @StruttG,

Yes, it was the best job ever, but a back injury brought me to a halt.
  • Thumbs up for the best job ever and sorry about the back bringing this experience to an end.
    I can see your not one for resting up and just look ahead!
  • Thumbs up for the best job ever and sorry about the back bringing this experience to an end.
    I can see your not one for resting up and just look ahead!
  • I'm paying almost that in a two-bedroomed bungalow with oil-fired central heating

However, we have 'extenuating circumstances'.

Quote Originally Posted by woz View Post
    Nice spotlight.
    A big for the repairs!
  • I'm paying almost that in a two-bedroomed bungalow with oil-fired central heating

However, we have 'extenuating circumstances'.

Quote Originally Posted by woz View Post
    Nice spotlight.
    A big for the repairs!
  • Hi @Gwyndy,
    Yes due to recent price rises across the board we too are paying £80 for a three bed bungalow. PP certainly beats the extortionate price that Scottish Power wanted for 'dirty energy'!!!
  • Hi @Gwyndy,
    Yes due to recent price rises across the board we too are paying £80 for a three bed bungalow. PP certainly beats the extortionate price that Scottish Power wanted for 'dirty energy'!!!
  • Quote Originally Posted by Scubaseahorse View Post
    Hi @Gwyndy,

Please don't take this the 'wrong way' but that oddly, makes me feel better. Our electricity usage has always seemed very high to me, partly because whenever I use one of the 'estimated usage' calculators it comes out a lot lower.

To find out someone with an almost similarly sized property is spending almost as much, is to a degree, a relief.

My current supplier emailed me to inform me that the prices were going up, and the letter said:

'This £325.58 projection is based on the current Estimated Annual Consumption figure for this property, which is 1445.2kWh for electricity. Please note, usage may vary and this is not a guaranteed annual cost. All unit rates and costs include VAT at 5%'

I thought they'd gone mad, the lowest I could remember my electricity usage being was about 4700 kWh per annum, and that was before I joined them, and before the Council carried out their 'improving home standards' which had sent my bill rocketing.

I was so concerned about my bills that I'd even discussed the possibility of having an engineer sent out to check whether something was either wrong with my wiring, or my meter.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Scubaseahorse View Post
    Hi @Gwyndy,

Please don't take this the 'wrong way' but that oddly, makes me feel better. Our electricity usage has always seemed very high to me, partly because whenever I use one of the 'estimated usage' calculators it comes out a lot lower.

To find out someone with an almost similarly sized property is spending almost as much, is to a degree, a relief.

My current supplier emailed me to inform me that the prices were going up, and the letter said:

'This £325.58 projection is based on the current Estimated Annual Consumption figure for this property, which is 1445.2kWh for electricity. Please note, usage may vary and this is not a guaranteed annual cost. All unit rates and costs include VAT at 5%'

I thought they'd gone mad, the lowest I could remember my electricity usage being was about 4700 kWh per annum, and that was before I joined them, and before the Council carried out their 'improving home standards' which had sent my bill rocketing.

I was so concerned about my bills that I'd even discussed the possibility of having an engineer sent out to check whether something was either wrong with my wiring, or my meter.
  • Quote Originally Posted by Scubaseahorse View Post
    Hi @Gwyndy,

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Scubaseahorse View Post
    Hi @Gwyndy,

• There's a hidden agenda here, but not something provable. I've come across copmpanies estimating on stupidly low unachievable usage figures.
    Those who have no idea just accept it then they get the real figures, but too late by then.
    I recenty got a quote from aone of the big 6, I enterd bedrooms and people numbers. The estimated usage was half my real usage, it was never that low and realistically could never be. I consider us to be average users, LED lightbulbs but a tumble drier and electric cooking. Even if I saved 20% it didn't come close.
    It's another PPI mis-selling scandal in the making.
    I'd like the companies who quote to show the real use of similar properties they supply to justify their quotes. (I know my usage)
  • There's a hidden agenda here, but not something provable. I've come across copmpanies estimating on stupidly low unachievable usage figures.
    Those who have no idea just accept it then they get the real figures, but too late by then.
    I recenty got a quote from aone of the big 6, I enterd bedrooms and people numbers. The estimated usage was half my real usage, it was never that low and realistically could never be. I consider us to be average users, LED lightbulbs but a tumble drier and electric cooking. Even if I saved 20% it didn't come close.
    It's another PPI mis-selling scandal in the making.
    I'd like the companies who quote to show the real use of similar properties they supply to justify their quotes. (I know my usage)
  • I just went and got an estimate from my local supplier and there estimator for:
    2 Bedroom Bungalow, with 2 people living in it is: 1887 kWh

So I tried, Comparing Meerkats, and their estimator, which asks more questions for:
    How many bedrooms do you have?1 2
    How many adults live there?1-2 2
    What will be the main source of energy for your heating? Other
    How do you like the temperature inside your home?Co Cool
    How well is your home insulated? Wafer Thina
    What is your main source of energy for cooking? Electric
    How often is someone at home? All day
    Came up with 7267 kWh, and if I changed the insulation to 'well-wrapped' 5813 kWh.

By Meerkat standards at least, I'm doing well. It makes you wonder what the other companies are using to get their estimates though. ​

Changing it to the Bungalow being 'airtight', and someone only being at home 'evenings and weekend' still couldn't get it to within 30% of Swalec's low estimate.

• I just went and got an estimate from my local supplier and there estimator for:
    2 Bedroom Bungalow, with 2 people living in it is: 1887 kWh

So I tried, Comparing Meerkats, and their estimator, which asks more questions for:
    How many bedrooms do you have?1 2
    How many adults live there?1-2 2
    What will be the main source of energy for your heating? Other
    How do you like the temperature inside your home?Co Cool
    How well is your home insulated? Wafer Thina
    What is your main source of energy for cooking? Electric
    How often is someone at home? All day
    Came up with 7267 kWh, and if I changed the insulation to 'well-wrapped' 5813 kWh.

By Meerkat standards at least, I'm doing well. It makes you wonder what the other companies are using to get their estimates though. ​

Changing it to the Bungalow being 'airtight', and someone only being at home 'evenings and weekend' still couldn't get it to within 30% of Swalec's low estimate.