• Cant supply a meter reading

Hi i have only just switched to pure planet and my first meter reading is due – however i cannot provide pure planet with a gas meter reading – the electric meter reading is fine – the NPower smart meter from our previous supplier is not showing any gas data – i have tried the manual red override button on the outside gas meter and this isn’t working either - i can’t get in touch with pure planet to discuss this problem as there is no contact phone line – if i can’t contact them how can i provide them a accurate reading - I’m considering leaving already... anybody know who I can contact directly..thanks
    Tap below to see the best answer
  • Hi i have only just switched to pure planet and my first meter reading is due – however i cannot provide pure planet with a gas meter reading – the electric meter reading is fine – the NPower smart meter from our previous supplier is not showing any gas data – i have tried the manual red override button on the outside gas meter and this isn’t working either - i can’t get in touch with pure planet to discuss this problem as there is no contact phone line – if i can’t contact them how can i provide them a accurate reading - I’m considering leaving already... anybody know who I can contact directly..thanks
    Tap below to see the best answer

• Best Answer

Quote Originally Posted by Steakandsidney View Post
    Hi i have only just switched to pure planet and my first meter reading is due – however i cannot provide pure planet with a gas meter reading – the electric meter reading is fine – the NPower smart meter from our previous supplier is not showing any gas data – i have tried the manual red override button on the outside gas meter and this isn’t working either - i can’t get in touch with pure planet to discuss this problem as there is no contact phone line – if i can’t contact them how can i provide them a accurate reading - I’m considering leaving already... anybody know who I can contact directly..thanks
    Hi there
    Most first generation smart meters go 'dumb' when you switch supplier.

See if this post helps in getting your reading: https://community.purepla.net/conten...eter#ckb_start

Good luck!
    Stephen

PS A key feature of Pure Planet is that they don't operate an (expensive) call centre. All contact is via the app. They are pretty up front about this!
    Last edited by stephenrand; 17-04-19 at 01:23.
  • Quote Originally Posted by Steakandsidney View Post
    Hi there
    Most first generation smart meters go 'dumb' when you switch supplier.

See if this post helps in getting your reading: https://community.purepla.net/conten...eter#ckb_start

Good luck!
    Stephen

PS A key feature of Pure Planet is that they don't operate an (expensive) call centre. All contact is via the app. They are pretty up front about this!

• Ho. You need to send your message to the team directly via Wattbot.if you go to the app and click on the 3 lines at the top right, then click on help, then ask Wattbot, and type in 'message the team' then you can send them your message. Might take a couple of days to get back to you, but they will.
  • Ho. You need to send your message to the team directly via Wattbot.if you go to the app and click on the 3 lines at the top right, then click on help, then ask Wattbot, and type in 'message the team' then you can send them your message. Might take a couple of days to get back to you, but they will.

• Hello steakandsidney.
    Cool user name. Anychance you can show a picture of the meter to get an accurate answer first time?
  • Hello steakandsidney.
    Cool user name. Anychance you can show a picture of the meter to get an accurate answer first time?

• Thanks for your replys.. I've messaged the team... can I uoad a picture here?
  • Thanks for your replys.. I've messaged the team... can I uoad a picture here?

• Hi Steakandsidney
    have you tried pressing buttons A or B on the gas meter to wake it up?

You can upload a photo here by clicking on the icon shown.
    Name:  photoupload.jpg
Views: 24
Size:  50.7 KB

If you don't have those icons go to Settings, (head top right) then in settings scroll down look on the left look for General Settings under My Settings, my account,then scroll down to bottom to miscellaneous options and and click on Enhanced Interface and save that.
    You should then see the row of icons

Name:  settings4.jpg
Views: 21
Size:  28.0 KB
    Last edited by woz; 17-04-19 at 01:20.
  • Hi Steakandsidney
    have you tried pressing buttons A or B on the gas meter to wake it up?

You can upload a photo here by clicking on the icon shown.
    Name:  photoupload.jpg
Views: 24
Size:  50.7 KB

If you don't have those icons go to Settings, (head top right) then in settings scroll down look on the left look for General Settings under My Settings, my account,then scroll down to bottom to miscellaneous options and and click on Enhanced Interface and save that.
    You should then see the row of icons

Name:  settings4.jpg
Views: 21
Size:  28.0 KB