Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  • Heat pump tumble dryers

Have been using one for 2 years, the salesperson waa very helpful and ubderstood how the device wirked.
    Contrast my daughter's experience having purchased a similar model - the manager rang her to say it would only work in the heated part of the house!

Clearly no understanding of the productc,
    stating a few degrees difference in ambient eliminated the energy saving.

Makes you wonder if profit/commision or ignorance was the driving factor
  • Have been using one for 2 years, the salesperson waa very helpful and ubderstood how the device wirked.
    Contrast my daughter's experience having purchased a similar model - the manager rang her to say it would only work in the heated part of the house!

• Quote Originally Posted by repager View Post
    Have been using one for 2 years, the salesperson waa very helpful and ubderstood how the device wirked.

Hi @repager

My only understanding of heat pump dryers is they re use heat/energy from drying the clothes as part of the process. This results in taking longer to dry but using less energy!
    So I don't see why you could only use it in a heated part of the house??? The managers comments do seem odd. Having said that, I really don't know enough about the subject to say.
    Welcome to pp
  • Quote Originally Posted by repager View Post

Hi @repager

My only understanding of heat pump dryers is they re use heat/energy from drying the clothes as part of the process. This results in taking longer to dry but using less energy!
    So I don't see why you could only use it in a heated part of the house??? The managers comments do seem odd. Having said that, I really don't know enough about the subject to say.
    Welcome to pp
  • Hey @repager

Welcome to the Community! Great first post

Just to let you know I've moved this to our 'All About Renewables' section

Good one to get everyone thinking about this product - have you seen any energy savings since using them?
  • Hey @repager

Welcome to the Community! Great first post

Just to let you know I've moved this to our 'All About Renewables' section

Good one to get everyone thinking about this product - have you seen any energy savings since using them?