• SMETS 2 meters

I have SMETS 2 meters for gas and electric as my previous supplier fitted them in June ‘18. But I still get asked to provide readings every month, why can’t PP read them?
  • I have SMETS 2 meters for gas and electric as my previous supplier fitted them in June ‘18. But I still get asked to provide readings every month, why can’t PP read them?

• There may be a problem with the link between the meter and pp. I’m assuming the meter has to be connected in some way (registered) with pp to be read by them?
    I think the best place to find the answer is by contacted pp directly via watbot.
    Hope this helps!
  • There may be a problem with the link between the meter and pp. I’m assuming the meter has to be connected in some way (registered) with pp to be read by them?
    I think the best place to find the answer is by contacted pp directly via watbot.
    Hope this helps!

• Hi Mpic73
    it's because the meter has to be migrated to PP's system for integrating it into the DCC structure for it to automatically send readings, (and that doesn't (or won't) happen automatically although most information available seems to imply that it should.) It may well be that for some of the larger companies this would work now with smets2 - I don't know for sure.
    You'll need to read the meter manually and send readings until that's set up, but PP will be rolling out smets2 meters soon so I'm assuming (I hope so!) they will have the protocol in place when that happens to link your existing meter to their system.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mpic73 View Post
    I have SMETS 2 meters for gas and electric as my previous supplier fitted them in June ‘18. But I still get asked to provide readings every month, why can’t PP read them?
  • Hi Mpic73
    it's because the meter has to be migrated to PP's system for integrating it into the DCC structure for it to automatically send readings, (and that doesn't (or won't) happen automatically although most information available seems to imply that it should.) It may well be that for some of the larger companies this would work now with smets2 - I don't know for sure.
    You'll need to read the meter manually and send readings until that's set up, but PP will be rolling out smets2 meters soon so I'm assuming (I hope so!) they will have the protocol in place when that happens to link your existing meter to their system.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mpic73 View Post

• Quote Originally Posted by Mpic73 View Post
    Hi @Mpic73
    Welcome to the community!
    Thanks for posting
    We're not quite ready to switch on Members with SMETS2 yet, but it won't be too long now.
    I'm sending you a DM about this
    Community Manager - Pure Planet

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
  • Quote Originally Posted by Mpic73 View Post
    Hi @Mpic73
    Thanks for posting
    We're not quite ready to switch on Members with SMETS2 yet, but it won't be too long now.
    Community Manager - Pure Planet

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

• I'd guessed that might be the case... would be interesting to know what the obstacles will be (firmware upload?)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc View Post
    Hi @Mpic73
    Thanks for posting
  • I'd guessed that might be the case... would be interesting to know what the obstacles will be (firmware upload?)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc View Post
    Hi @Mpic73
    Thanks for posting

• I switched from OVO who installed my smets2 a few months ago. I switched to pure planet and assumed pure planet would take over my smets 2 as from switch over yesterday. If this is not the case, I would like a definitive answer when my smets2 is readable by them. If I cannot have a date I will cancel.
  • I switched from OVO who installed my smets2 a few months ago. I switched to pure planet and assumed pure planet would take over my smets 2 as from switch over yesterday. If this is not the case, I would like a definitive answer when my smets2 is readable by them. If I cannot have a date I will cancel.

• hi Terry
    I don't work for PP.
    Sadly your assumption was incorrect, currently it is not the case, but that isn't the fault of Pure Planet, who are currently trialing S.meters and have met many issues.
    The Smets 2 framework was supposed to guarantee interoperability, so far that seems not to be the case. Maybe the bigger providers have cracked it, I don't know. Perhaps you can tell us how you get on if you move elsewhere?
    If you are within the cooling off period you can cancel in the app or online.
    PP may know more? but one thing I am sure of is given the current state of play they are extremely unlikely to guarantee a near date.
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry Suffolk View Post
    I switched from OVO who installed my smets2 a few months ago. I switched to pure planet and assumed pure planet would take over my smets 2 as from switch over yesterday. If this is not the case, I would like a definitive answer when my smets2 is readable by them. If I cannot have a date I will cancel.
  • hi Terry
    I don't work for PP.
    Sadly your assumption was incorrect, currently it is not the case, but that isn't the fault of Pure Planet, who are currently trialing S.meters and have met many issues.
    The Smets 2 framework was supposed to guarantee interoperability, so far that seems not to be the case. Maybe the bigger providers have cracked it, I don't know. Perhaps you can tell us how you get on if you move elsewhere?
    If you are within the cooling off period you can cancel in the app or online.
    PP may know more? but one thing I am sure of is given the current state of play they are extremely unlikely to guarantee a near date.
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry Suffolk View Post
    I switched from OVO who installed my smets2 a few months ago. I switched to pure planet and assumed pure planet would take over my smets 2 as from switch over yesterday. If this is not the case, I would like a definitive answer when my smets2 is readable by them. If I cannot have a date I will cancel.

• Quote Originally Posted by Terry Suffolk View Post
    Hi Terry
    I'm afraid you are going to encounter this whoever you decide to go with, my son, yesterday was trying to get me to switch to Octopus. On looking at their site, they also state that they cannot at the moment use the " smart" function of the meters unless they were made by Secure, in which case they may be able to turn it back on. It really is a case of waiting for these issues to be sorted within the whole industry. If it really is a deal breaker, maybe it would be best to go back to OVO.
    By the way Pure Planet were still cheaper, I won't be changing
    Last edited by Duppy; 06-10-19 at 12:30.
    Hi Terry
    I'm afraid you are going to encounter this whoever you decide to go with, my son, yesterday was trying to get me to switch to Octopus. On looking at their site, they also state that they cannot at the moment use the " smart" function of the meters unless they were made by Secure, in which case they may be able to turn it back on. It really is a case of waiting for these issues to be sorted within the whole industry. If it really is a deal breaker, maybe it would be best to go back to OVO.
    By the way Pure Planet were still cheaper, I won't be changing

• Ok thanks everyone. I now will cancel as I joined 4th Oct but I cannot see anywhere where the 'Cancel' button is. Anyone help please. Back to OVO for me. Sorry PP
    Last edited by Terry Suffolk; 08-10-19 at 16:47. Reason: Spelling
  • Ok thanks everyone. I now will cancel as I joined 4th Oct but I cannot see anywhere where the 'Cancel' button is. Anyone help please. Back to OVO for me. Sorry PP

• Hi Terry,
    If your switch to Pure Planet was completed on 4th October, it is now too late to cancel. You will have to wait 10 days before switching back to OVO. Sorry to see you go.
  • Hi Terry,
    If your switch to Pure Planet was completed on 4th October, it is now too late to cancel. You will have to wait 10 days before switching back to OVO. Sorry to see you go.

• Ok thanks. Then where do I go to cancel. I find it diddficult finding my way round this site.
  • Ok thanks. Then where do I go to cancel. I find it diddficult finding my way round this site.

Ok thanks. Then where do I go to cancel. I find it diddficult finding my way round this site.
    As said earlier, you will have to wait 10 days (14th October), then go to OVO comparison site or other supplier of your choice, and start a switch. There are no exit fees
    Ok thanks. Then where do I go to cancel. I find it diddficult finding my way round this site.
    As said earlier, you will have to wait 10 days (14th October), then go to OVO comparison site or other supplier of your choice, and start a switch. There are no exit fees

• Thank you Duppy.
  • Thank you Duppy.