• Quote Originally Posted by woz View Post
    haaa, yes I did, sorry...I was just checking that the USB socket wasn't for some other function..like interrogating the device.
    (for some reason when I see your name I think of the Film Cujo...)
    I bet the IHD only takes a few hundred milliamps, plenty left for the phone (ipad might struggle just a little)
    ha, I've never seen the film. I've used Jowl across a number of forums though. It's supposed to be J - Owl but I'm often greeted with 'jowl' now
    haaa, yes I did, sorry...I was just checking that the USB socket wasn't for some other function..like interrogating the device.
    (for some reason when I see your name I think of the Film Cujo...)
    I bet the IHD only takes a few hundred milliamps, plenty left for the phone (ipad might struggle just a little)
    ha, I've never seen the film. I've used Jowl across a number of forums though. It's supposed to be J - Owl but I'm often greeted with 'jowl' now

• Probably best that you don't- it's an awful film! (About a dog with big jowls....
    Quote Originally Posted by Jowl View Post
  • Probably best that you don't- it's an awful film! (About a dog with big jowls....
    Quote Originally Posted by Jowl View Post

• Hi Marc
    no, I haven't pressed the button yet (scared). Still waiting for some direction from the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Marc View Post
    Hi @Angelabikerbabe @woz
    ​Did you press the button?
  • Hi Marc
    no, I haven't pressed the button yet (scared). Still waiting for some direction from the team.

Hi @Angelabikerbabe @woz
    ​Did you press the button?

• Quote Originally Posted by Angelabikerbabe View Post
    Hi Marc
    Good move @Angelabikerbabe
    Best not, just in case it makes things worse.
    I'll find out what's happening from the guys
    Community Manager - Pure Planet

Hi Marc
    Good move @Angelabikerbabe
    Best not, just in case it makes things worse.
    I'll find out what's happening from the guys

• Never dare a fool Woz

Quote Originally Posted by woz View Post
    Angela I think we can take it that if it bursts into flames you can blame @Marc...ahem...
    go on I dare you...
  • Never dare a fool Woz

Quote Originally Posted by woz View Post
    Angela I think we can take it that if it bursts into flames you can blame @Marc...ahem...
    go on I dare you...

Hi Marc
    Hi @Angelabikerbabe
    Just to say that Niall from our Member services team has emailed you today

Hi Marc
    Hi @Angelabikerbabe
    Just to say that Niall from our Member services team has emailed you today

• Smart meters use Zigbee to link to both IHD (In Home Display) and CAD (Consumer Access Device) devices.

Typically a customer get an IHD along with their Smart Meter installation. This then visually shows energy use on an LCD screen.

I am more interested in the possibilities of having also a CAD device so I can link it to a smart home platform. There are some devices to do this but it seems most might be still limited to use with SMETS1 devices. For example the Rainforrest EAGLE-200 https://rainforestautomation.com/rfa-z114-eagle-200-2/ and TheRetriever which is used by the UK energy switching provider TheLabrador https://kb.thelabrador.co.uk/trouble...rador-home-hub

These types of devices use Zigbee to talk to the smart meters and Ethernet or WiFi to link to the customers home network.

If PurePlanet is using the Geotogether Trio II Touch IHD this can also act as a CAD since it has the (option) of including a WiFi module. See - https://www.geotogether.com/products...marter-energy/

So it seems the hardware side of things may already be solved and this leaves just the software side. Ideally the Geotogether Treo II would have an API via which a customer could access the data. I get the impression it might also have the option for the Treo II to upload data to some cloud service which in turn might be accessible by the customer via an API. (Rainforest's Eagle-200 offers both local API access and cloud access.)

Apparently Geotogether do already provide an API for accessing their devices/data. See the link on the same page I listed for them above.

Could Pureplanet tell us what their current and future plans are in this area?
    Is Pureplanet providing the Treo II Touch as standard?
    I presume we can assume the Treo II Touch is SMETS2 compatible?
    Does the model provided by Pureplanet include the WiFi module?
    What sample rate does the Treo II Touch use? That is how frequently does it update the figures, the more frequent the more accurate the information you could see but equally it would cause more work by the Treo and drain its batteries faster - since it has the option of USB power this is not a concern to me.
    Last edited by jelockwood; 08-05-19 at 11:02.
  • Smart meters use Zigbee to link to both IHD (In Home Display) and CAD (Consumer Access Device) devices.

Typically a customer get an IHD along with their Smart Meter installation. This then visually shows energy use on an LCD screen.

I am more interested in the possibilities of having also a CAD device so I can link it to a smart home platform. There are some devices to do this but it seems most might be still limited to use with SMETS1 devices. For example the Rainforrest EAGLE-200 https://rainforestautomation.com/rfa-z114-eagle-200-2/ and TheRetriever which is used by the UK energy switching provider TheLabrador https://kb.thelabrador.co.uk/trouble...rador-home-hub

These types of devices use Zigbee to talk to the smart meters and Ethernet or WiFi to link to the customers home network.

If PurePlanet is using the Geotogether Trio II Touch IHD this can also act as a CAD since it has the (option) of including a WiFi module. See - https://www.geotogether.com/products...marter-energy/

So it seems the hardware side of things may already be solved and this leaves just the software side. Ideally the Geotogether Treo II would have an API via which a customer could access the data. I get the impression it might also have the option for the Treo II to upload data to some cloud service which in turn might be accessible by the customer via an API. (Rainforest's Eagle-200 offers both local API access and cloud access.)

Apparently Geotogether do already provide an API for accessing their devices/data. See the link on the same page I listed for them above.

Could Pureplanet tell us what their current and future plans are in this area?
    What sample rate does the Treo II Touch use? That is how frequently does it update the figures, the more frequent the more accurate the information you could see but equally it would cause more work by the Treo and drain its batteries faster - since it has the option of USB power this is not a concern to me.

• Quote Originally Posted by jelockwood View Post
    Hi @jelockwood
    I'm asking our Smart team for some info so we can answer your questions

• Quote Originally Posted by jelockwood View Post
    Hi @jelockwood

• Quote Originally Posted by Marc View Post
    Hi @jelockwood

Hey @jelockwood
    Here you go
    Is Pure Planet providing the Treo II Touch as standard? I presume we can assume the Treo II Touch is SMETS2 compatible?
    No, we don't provide the 'touch' version. Ours has buttons.

Does the model provided by Pure Planet include the WiFi module?
    The model we have is WiFi compatible, but needs an additional component added to a slot at the back of the device. This can be retrofitted for Members who want it. But this isn't something we'll be looking into until we're well into smart meters business-as-usual and they're in the hands of several thousand PP Members.

What sample rate does the Treo II Touch use to update figures?
    For electricity, every 10 seconds.
    For gas, every 30 minutes.

Hope that's been helpful!

• Quote Originally Posted by Marc View Post
    Hi @jelockwood

Hey @jelockwood
    Here you go
    Is Pure Planet providing the Treo II Touch as standard? I presume we can assume the Treo II Touch is SMETS2 compatible?

Does the model provided by Pure Planet include the WiFi module?
    The model we have is WiFi compatible, but needs an additional component added to a slot at the back of the device. This can be retrofitted for Members who want it. But this isn't something we'll be looking into until we're well into smart meters business-as-usual and they're in the hands of several thousand PP Members.

What sample rate does the Treo II Touch use to update figures?

• hi marc
    ​The wifi module is quite important to a number of members here, please will you schedule this part of the query for an update with more details as things progress?
    Hey @jelockwood
    Here you go

• hi marc
    ​The wifi module is quite important to a number of members here, please will you schedule this part of the query for an update with more details as things progress?
    Hey @jelockwood
    Here you go

hi marc
    Hey @woz
    Yep, the plan is to get the basics done first, get smart meters into 'business as usual' (shoot me now )
    We know some Members are keen on this more advanced techie stuff.

hi marc
    Hey @woz
    Yep, the plan is to get the basics done first, get smart meters into 'business as usual' (shoot me now )
    We know some Members are keen on this more advanced techie stuff.

• @Marc

Ok, I found the Geotogther manual for the Trio II and as far as I can see the following applies.

1. They both have the same (attractive) user interface
    2. They both seem to support the same WiFi module
    3. Logically both will support the same API

In other words the button version will be in theory equally able to act as a CAD in the way I want.

However the lack of the WiFi module as standard will make life more difficult. Apart from the extra cost to me I suspect getting it as a mere end user will be a lot more difficult as Geotogther mainly sell to providers like Pureplanet rather than end users.

Could Pureplanet be able to act as a 'reseller' for them?
  • @Marc

Ok, I found the Geotogther manual for the Trio II and as far as I can see the following applies.

1. They both have the same (attractive) user interface
    2. They both seem to support the same WiFi module
    3. Logically both will support the same API

In other words the button version will be in theory equally able to act as a CAD in the way I want.

However the lack of the WiFi module as standard will make life more difficult. Apart from the extra cost to me I suspect getting it as a mere end user will be a lot more difficult as Geotogther mainly sell to providers like Pureplanet rather than end users.

Could Pureplanet be able to act as a 'reseller' for them?

• @woz @Marc
    Could you post pictures of the smart meters you are now installing?

I am considering buying an energy monitoring system which monitors gas usage by using an optical or magnetic sensor to capture information from the gas meter. However it may not be compatible with some types of meter.

See - https://www.smappee.com/uk/eshop/gas-water-monitor.html
  • @woz @Marc

I am considering buying an energy monitoring system which monitors gas usage by using an optical or magnetic sensor to capture information from the gas meter. However it may not be compatible with some types of meter.

• hi jelockwood
    This is one for @Marc and/or members who are early adopters, I'm only responsible for starting the thread, but if any of the early adopters want to post a photo of their meters all welcome (obscure any serial numbers though).
    ​@Angelabikerbabe ??
    Quote Originally Posted by jelockwood View Post
    @woz @Marc

• hi jelockwood
    This is one for @Marc and/or members who are early adopters, I'm only responsible for starting the thread, but if any of the early adopters want to post a photo of their meters all welcome (obscure any serial numbers though).
    ​@Angelabikerbabe ??
    @woz @Marc

• Name:  20190605_161442.jpg
Views: 124
Size:  4.53 MBHi, here is a couple of pics of my meters.Name:  20190605_161608.jpg
Views: 123
Size:  4.55 MB
  • Name:  20190605_161442.jpg
Size:  4.53 MBHi, here is a couple of pics of my meters.Name:  20190605_161608.jpg

• Thanks AngelaName:  draculatiny.jpg
Views: 109
Size:  17.6 KB
    Quote Originally Posted by Angelabikerbabe View Post
    Name:  20190605_161442.jpg
  • Thanks AngelaName:  draculatiny.jpg
Views: 109
Size:  17.6 KB
    Quote Originally Posted by Angelabikerbabe View Post
    Name:  20190605_161442.jpg

• @Marc
    ​Just a thought...Will the type of meter vary according to which DNO area you're in?
    @woz @Marc

• @Marc
    ​Just a thought...Will the type of meter vary according to which DNO area you're in?
    @woz @Marc

• My meters are different
    Attached Images Attached Images  
  • My meters are different

• Electric
  • Electric

• ahhh thanks Duppy, maybe we can get one person from every DNO area to post a photo...(if that's what defines the difference?)
  • ahhh thanks Duppy, maybe we can get one person from every DNO area to post a photo...(if that's what defines the difference?)