• Cats talked about more on TV than climate change

How often do you hear about climate change on TV (excluding the news), or see characters on shows doing everyday activities such as recycling?

I was pretty shocked to read that according to recent research highlighted by the BBC, over the course of a year cats were mentioned on TV 14,454 times. Picnics(!) were mentioned 5949 times.

Meanwhile, climate change was mentioned a whopping... 3125 times

Cats are amazing and super cute, but are they important enough to be mentioned 4.5x more than climate change?

More surprising than that, 'zombie' was mentioned the same amount as environmental issues and I can't help but wonder which is the bigger threat we face...

Considering the impact of shows such as Blue Planet II and Climate change - The Facts, would you like to see more environmentally aware shows on TV?

Or would it not have much impact on peoples' behaviour anyway?

Name:  kitty-2948404_1920.jpg
Views: 20
Size:  641.4 KB
  • How often do you hear about climate change on TV (excluding the news), or see characters on shows doing everyday activities such as recycling?

I was pretty shocked to read that according to recent research highlighted by the BBC, over the course of a year cats were mentioned on TV 14,454 times. Picnics(!) were mentioned 5949 times.

Cats are amazing and super cute, but are they important enough to be mentioned 4.5x more than climate change?

More surprising than that, 'zombie' was mentioned the same amount as environmental issues and I can't help but wonder which is the bigger threat we face...

Considering the impact of shows such as Blue Planet II and Climate change - The Facts, would you like to see more environmentally aware shows on TV?

• Just reminded me, on the One Show last night, Lucy Seagull did feature on recycling ♻️👍👏👏👏👏, but my reason for mentioning it was because Harry Redknapp was the guest, and one of the presenters asked him about his bins, and recycling etc. He said he likes to sometimes pop his rubbish in next doors bin 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
    Peace is always beautiful.

WALT WHITMAN
  • Just reminded me, on the One Show last night, Lucy Seagull did feature on recycling ♻️👍👏👏👏👏, but my reason for mentioning it was because Harry Redknapp was the guest, and one of the presenters asked him about his bins, and recycling etc. He said he likes to sometimes pop his rubbish in next doors bin 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
    Peace is always beautiful.

WALT WHITMAN

• Quote Originally Posted by Bev View Post
    Just reminded me, on the One Show last night, Lucy Seagull did feature on recycling ♻️�������������� ���������������, but my reason for mentioning it was because Harry Redknapp was the guest, and one of the presenters asked him about his bins, and recycling etc. He said he likes to sometimes pop his rubbish in next doors bin ���������������� ���������������� ���������������� ����������

• Quote Originally Posted by Bev View Post
    Just reminded me, on the One Show last night, Lucy Seagull did feature on recycling ♻️�������������� ���������������, but my reason for mentioning it was because Harry Redknapp was the guest, and one of the presenters asked him about his bins, and recycling etc. He said he likes to sometimes pop his rubbish in next doors bin ���������������� ���������������� ���������������� ����������
  • You can relax Nat, Hatty is back home safe and sound, and now grounded....
    ...and to cap it all they even had an expert on the BBC explaining why they were covering the cat story...
    Disclaimer...I like cats, but that doesn't mean I don't care about climate change (or recycling).
    Quote Originally Posted by Nataly View Post
    How often do you hear about climate change on TV (excluding the news), or see characters on shows doing everyday activities such as recycling?

• You can relax Nat, Hatty is back home safe and sound, and now grounded....
    ...and to cap it all they even had an expert on the BBC explaining why they were covering the cat story...
    Disclaimer...I like cats, but that doesn't mean I don't care about climate change (or recycling).
    Quote Originally Posted by Nataly View Post