Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

• Billing

I send in meter readings when requested, but my bills are calculated with estimated figures. Why?
    Tap below to see the best answer
  • I send in meter readings when requested, but my bills are calculated with estimated figures. Why?
    Tap below to see the best answer

• Best Answer

Hi it depends when you submit your readings. For example, If you submit them 2 days before your payment date, PP will estimate the usage for the last 3 days, but use your readings for the rest of the month.
    When PP request my readings , I don't send my readings until the last day possible. Ie PP say they need them by 1st, I send mine 31st. And mine are not being estimated.
    However, when you submit your next ones, previous ones will be adjusted. Hope this helps.
  • Hi it depends when you submit your readings. For example, If you submit them 2 days before your payment date, PP will estimate the usage for the last 3 days, but use your readings for the rest of the month.
    When PP request my readings , I don't send my readings until the last day possible. Ie PP say they need them by 1st, I send mine 31st. And mine are not being estimated.
    However, when you submit your next ones, previous ones will be adjusted. Hope this helps.

• Thank you. Never encountered that before. Seems unnecessarily complicated.
  • Thank you. Never encountered that before. Seems unnecessarily complicated.

• Hi Magicsnaps,

Welcome to the community

It sounds complicated and your not alone, but I think its quit neat, with some buts......
    The APP moon prompts you approx 3 days in advance of your monthly statement (joining anniversary) date for a reading.
    I usually send my reading when prompted in case I forget the method as explained by Angelabikerbabe.
    As you can send readings at any time (allowing 24 hour gap) then if I forget to send the reading on the statement date then PP's system estimates the residual days which in essence is just a few pence, but actually more accurate..if that makes any sense, if doesn't then sorry for waffling.

Buts....
    For the first time PP have sent me an email the same day the APP moon advises submit metre reading.
    The email advises the optimum time to send the reading 3 days later and I think this email needs some more explanation, and will be flagged up as PP continual to fine tune and develop.

Have a great weekend and feed back only assists.
  • Hi Magicsnaps,

Welcome to the community

It sounds complicated and your not alone, but I think its quit neat, with some buts......
    The APP moon prompts you approx 3 days in advance of your monthly statement (joining anniversary) date for a reading.
    I usually send my reading when prompted in case I forget the method as explained by Angelabikerbabe.
    As you can send readings at any time (allowing 24 hour gap) then if I forget to send the reading on the statement date then PP's system estimates the residual days which in essence is just a few pence, but actually more accurate..if that makes any sense, if doesn't then sorry for waffling.

Buts....
    For the first time PP have sent me an email the same day the APP moon advises submit metre reading.
    The email advises the optimum time to send the reading 3 days later and I think this email needs some more explanation, and will be flagged up as PP continual to fine tune and develop.

Have a great weekend and feed back only assists.