• Smart Meter

I had a smart meter installed by OVO about two years ago but apparently it will not work with P.P and I really liked it.May I have a .new one when available please. Regards,Alan H.
    Tap below to see the best answer
  • I had a smart meter installed by OVO about two years ago but apparently it will not work with P.P and I really liked it.May I have a .new one when available please. Regards,Alan H.
    Tap below to see the best answer

• Best Answer

Quote Originally Posted by Hague View Post
    I had a smart meter installed by OVO about two years ago but apparently it will not work with P.P and I really liked it.May I have a .new one when available please. Regards,Alan H.
    Hi there,

You have what's known as a SMETS1 meter, provided by Secure Meters. They will only work with suppliers that have an arrangement with Secure which PP do not as they do not install SMETS1 meters. As Angela has mentioned they are currently trialling SMETS2 meters and could replace your 1st generation once they are ready to continue with the rollout.

One thing that you may be interested to know is that the next phase of the smart rollout will involve the enrolment of SMETS1 meters into the central network so that they operate in the same way as SMETS2, meaning any supplier can operate them. This process, for Secure meters, is due to start later this year. If you're still with PP at that point they won't need to replace your meter and it will become smart again.

Regards,
    MrSmart
  • Quote Originally Posted by Hague View Post
    Hi there,

You have what's known as a SMETS1 meter, provided by Secure Meters. They will only work with suppliers that have an arrangement with Secure which PP do not as they do not install SMETS1 meters. As Angela has mentioned they are currently trialling SMETS2 meters and could replace your 1st generation once they are ready to continue with the rollout.

One thing that you may be interested to know is that the next phase of the smart rollout will involve the enrolment of SMETS1 meters into the central network so that they operate in the same way as SMETS2, meaning any supplier can operate them. This process, for Secure meters, is due to start later this year. If you're still with PP at that point they won't need to replace your meter and it will become smart again.

Regards,
    MrSmart

• Hi, PP are trialling a roll-out of he new 2nd generation smart meters now. With the view to rolling out to everyone at the end of the trial, as long as the trial is successful.
  • Hi, PP are trialling a roll-out of he new 2nd generation smart meters now. With the view to rolling out to everyone at the end of the trial, as long as the trial is successful.