• Billing

On submitting my meter readings I was informed they were lower than expected, despite being real. I expected the direct debit to go down but they said they'd be increasing it. It said contact if not happy, which I did but no reply. Now payments have been increased. Why? And how do I get an explanation? Thanks.
  • On submitting my meter readings I was informed they were lower than expected, despite being real. I expected the direct debit to go down but they said they'd be increasing it. It said contact if not happy, which I did but no reply. Now payments have been increased. Why? And how do I get an explanation? Thanks.

• Hi, you are going to need to try contacting the pp team again via wattbot in the app. Someone should respond in a couple of days.
    They will sort this for you
    hope this helps
  • Hi, you are going to need to try contacting the pp team again via wattbot in the app. Someone should respond in a couple of days.
    They will sort this for you
    hope this helps

• Quote Originally Posted by Wickesm View Post
    On submitting my meter readings I was informed they were lower than expected, despite being real. I expected the direct debit to go down but they said they'd be increasing it. It said contact if not happy, which I did but no reply. Now payments have been increased. Why? And how do I get an explanation? Thanks.
    Hi there

As this is your first post, welcome to the Pure Planet community!

First, lots of customers get told their readings seem low - there's lots of posts about it here on the community, but basically it's nothing to worry about.

What it doesn't mean is that your direct debit payments will be reduced. That calculation is based on your usage and the cost - the cost went up in January, so if your usage has stayed roughly the same, then your direct debit payment will be increased.

I don't know how you contacted the team. They promise to get back to you within two working days if you click on the three little bars top right corner of the app, go to Help, click on Wattbot, put 'message the team' in the subject line and then explain the problem.

So if you are still not happy, that's what you will need to do.

Hope that helps
    Stephen
    Hi there

As this is your first post, welcome to the Pure Planet community!

First, lots of customers get told their readings seem low - there's lots of posts about it here on the community, but basically it's nothing to worry about.

What it doesn't mean is that your direct debit payments will be reduced. That calculation is based on your usage and the cost - the cost went up in January, so if your usage has stayed roughly the same, then your direct debit payment will be increased.

I don't know how you contacted the team. They promise to get back to you within two working days if you click on the three little bars top right corner of the app, go to Help, click on Wattbot, put 'message the team' in the subject line and then explain the problem.

So if you are still not happy, that's what you will need to do.

Hope that helps
    Stephen

Hi @Wickesm
    Welcome to the community, thanks for posting.
    I've flagged this up with our Member services team.
    Sounds like you received a Direct Debit review email and you responded, but for some reason the payment change happened anyway.
    The team will get back to you once they've a chance to investigate. Sorry for the hassle.
    Community Manager - Pure Planet

Hi @Wickesm
    Welcome to the community, thanks for posting.
    I've flagged this up with our Member services team.
    Sounds like you received a Direct Debit review email and you responded, but for some reason the payment change happened anyway.
    The team will get back to you once they've a chance to investigate. Sorry for the hassle.
    Community Manager - Pure Planet