• Direct senit

Hi,

I want to keep my monthly d/d at a certain amount to avoid going into debit....how do I achieve this???
    Tap below to see the best answer
  • Hi,

I want to keep my monthly d/d at a certain amount to avoid going into debit....how do I achieve this???
    Tap below to see the best answer

• Best Answer

hi Andyoldy
    if you mean you want your colder and warmer month payments to be the same that isn't possible.
    April to Sept. you pay 40% of your annual, Oct. to March 60%
    (If your annual was £1200 you'd pay £80 warmer and £120 colder
    However, if your annual estimate on which your payments are based is near correct then you shouldn't go into debit.

Why do you believe that your payments are not high enough?

If you're really worried about this the solution is to ask to increase your Direct debits anyway and keep an eye on the statement balance.
    As your DD is paid in advance of your use over a month your statement should be around an average months payment in credit if you've just paid the dd when you get the statement.

So if you want to be certain ask PP to increase the DD by about 10% and keep an eye on it.
    You can probably then leave it for about 9 months by which time we'll have been through most of the cold period and re-assess it then
    If you start building up excessive credit you can always ask for a refund or adjustment of the DD.
    Conversely if you don't have enough credit you can ask to increase it.
    To change your DD amount you'll need to "message the team" as per other reply.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andyoldy View Post
    Hi,

• hi Andyoldy
    if you mean you want your colder and warmer month payments to be the same that isn't possible.
    April to Sept. you pay 40% of your annual, Oct. to March 60%
    (If your annual was £1200 you'd pay £80 warmer and £120 colder
    However, if your annual estimate on which your payments are based is near correct then you shouldn't go into debit.

Why do you believe that your payments are not high enough?

If you're really worried about this the solution is to ask to increase your Direct debits anyway and keep an eye on the statement balance.
    As your DD is paid in advance of your use over a month your statement should be around an average months payment in credit if you've just paid the dd when you get the statement.

So if you want to be certain ask PP to increase the DD by about 10% and keep an eye on it.
    You can probably then leave it for about 9 months by which time we'll have been through most of the cold period and re-assess it then
    If you start building up excessive credit you can always ask for a refund or adjustment of the DD.
    Conversely if you don't have enough credit you can ask to increase it.
    To change your DD amount you'll need to "message the team" as per other reply.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andyoldy View Post
    Hi,

• Hi Andyoldy,

Welcome to the community

I guess you read PP's emailed welcome letter/pack that your DD is split by the winter months paying 60% of your annual projection for 6 months from October reducing to 40% of your annual projection from April for the remaining 6 months. Our DD's gets reviewed by PP seasonally twice a year and the DD maybe.. adjusted following that review.
    However theres nothing stopping you asking for a review increases, or anything else come to that and at any time!
    So proceed to utilise the help facility in the APP

Re Open Help in the APP
    Open Ask wattBot - First Type "Message the Team"
    Post your question and a response from a team member will take approx 2 days and often sooner.
    Response back in the APP and text prompt if you forget to look.

Hope this assists, keep posting and look out for further feedback from other customer members like ourselves.

• Hi Andyoldy,

Welcome to the community

I guess you read PP's emailed welcome letter/pack that your DD is split by the winter months paying 60% of your annual projection for 6 months from October reducing to 40% of your annual projection from April for the remaining 6 months. Our DD's gets reviewed by PP seasonally twice a year and the DD maybe.. adjusted following that review.
    However theres nothing stopping you asking for a review increases, or anything else come to that and at any time!
    So proceed to utilise the help facility in the APP

Re Open Help in the APP
    Open Ask wattBot - First Type "Message the Team"
    Post your question and a response from a team member will take approx 2 days and often sooner.
    Response back in the APP and text prompt if you forget to look.

Hope this assists, keep posting and look out for further feedback from other customer members like ourselves.