Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

• Double charge by Pure Planet and another supplier

The two suppliers have failed to communicate properly with the result that the meter readings for finishing and starting supplies by each are not the same. This has resulted in me being charged twice for the same electricity and gas. Any ideas on how to sort this out ?

Thanks
    Tap below to see the best answer
  • The two suppliers have failed to communicate properly with the result that the meter readings for finishing and starting supplies by each are not the same. This has resulted in me being charged twice for the same electricity and gas. Any ideas on how to sort this out ?

Thanks
    Tap below to see the best answer

• Best Answer

Hi there
    As this is your first post, welcome to the Pure Planet community!
    Your closing/opening readings have to be agreed by an industry regulator, nothing to do with Pure Planet, and that process can take up to six weeks. So you should not end up paying for energy twice, but in the interim you may have direct debits taken by both suppliers. Don't cancel your old direct debit, as that will enable any refund to be paid. You can contact them and ask for them to reduce it to a minimal amount in the meantime.

Did you send photos of your opening readings to Pure Planet? That should prevent any dispute about your readings.

Hope that helps
    Stephen
  • Hi there
    As this is your first post, welcome to the Pure Planet community!
    Your closing/opening readings have to be agreed by an industry regulator, nothing to do with Pure Planet, and that process can take up to six weeks. So you should not end up paying for energy twice, but in the interim you may have direct debits taken by both suppliers. Don't cancel your old direct debit, as that will enable any refund to be paid. You can contact them and ask for them to reduce it to a minimal amount in the meantime.

Did you send photos of your opening readings to Pure Planet? That should prevent any dispute about your readings.

Hope that helps
    Stephen

• hello, welcome to the pp community!
    You are going to need to contact the team directly to sort this out best.
    Open you pp app whilst logged in and under the help section find 'ask wattbot'
    then type 'message the team' before explaining your query. someone should get back to you in a couple of days
    I hope this helps!
  • hello, welcome to the pp community!
    You are going to need to contact the team directly to sort this out best.
    Open you pp app whilst logged in and under the help section find 'ask wattbot'
    then type 'message the team' before explaining your query. someone should get back to you in a couple of days
    I hope this helps!

• Good morning,
    Are any of the readings the ones actually given by you? What should happen, as mentioned above, is the new supplier takes actual readings from the customer and they're sent to the old supplier via industry processes. It sounds as though the old supplier perhaps have decided to use their own - was it definitely a final bill? They may have billed it to estimates before receiving the actual reading through and are in the process of rebilling.

It is simple to sort out, either supplier can raise a dispute over the readings given but I would opt for the one that isn't using the reads provided. If it's both then you can contact either. To contact Pure, use Wattbot.
  • Good morning,
    Are any of the readings the ones actually given by you? What should happen, as mentioned above, is the new supplier takes actual readings from the customer and they're sent to the old supplier via industry processes. It sounds as though the old supplier perhaps have decided to use their own - was it definitely a final bill? They may have billed it to estimates before receiving the actual reading through and are in the process of rebilling.

It is simple to sort out, either supplier can raise a dispute over the readings given but I would opt for the one that isn't using the reads provided. If it's both then you can contact either. To contact Pure, use Wattbot.

• hi Ianrc
    when did you switch to PP?
    ​My guess is that your post is premature and the readings haven't been agreed yet. (see other replies).
    Quote Originally Posted by IanRC View Post
    The two suppliers have failed to communicate properly with the result that the meter readings for finishing and starting supplies by each are not the same. This has resulted in me being charged twice for the same electricity and gas. Any ideas on how to sort this out ?

Thanks
  • hi Ianrc
    when did you switch to PP?
    ​My guess is that your post is premature and the readings haven't been agreed yet. (see other replies).
    Quote Originally Posted by IanRC View Post

Thanks