• Estimated readings - again!

I can't help wondering about the point of sending actual readings to PP, when the final bill for the month is then based on their estimated reading?
    O. K. the estimate may only be a single figure increase in units, but it's an increase nonetheless!?
    Why is it impossible to base the bill on the customer's actual reading. If I was cynical, I'd believe it is because the additional estimated units from all their customers give PP that extra cash flow?
    Tap below to see the best answer
  • I can't help wondering about the point of sending actual readings to PP, when the final bill for the month is then based on their estimated reading?
    O. K. the estimate may only be a single figure increase in units, but it's an increase nonetheless!?
    Why is it impossible to base the bill on the customer's actual reading. If I was cynical, I'd believe it is because the additional estimated units from all their customers give PP that extra cash flow?
    Tap below to see the best answer

• Best Answer

Hi
    depends when you submit your readings. For example, If you submit them 2 days before your payment date, PP will estimate the usage for the last 3 days, but use your readings for the rest of the month.
    When PP request my readings , I don't send my readings until the last day possible. Ie PP say they need them by 1st, I send mine 31st. And mine are not being estimated.
    However, when you submit your next ones, previous ones will be adjusted. Hope this helps.
  • Hi
    depends when you submit your readings. For example, If you submit them 2 days before your payment date, PP will estimate the usage for the last 3 days, but use your readings for the rest of the month.
    When PP request my readings , I don't send my readings until the last day possible. Ie PP say they need them by 1st, I send mine 31st. And mine are not being estimated.
    However, when you submit your next ones, previous ones will be adjusted. Hope this helps.

• Hi @CORFE118,
    Send your meter reading on the 'submit by' date and you will not have any estimatedcharges, only actual charges on your statement.
  • Hi @CORFE118,
    Send your meter reading on the 'submit by' date and you will not have any estimatedcharges, only actual charges on your statement.

• hi corfe118
    I'm afraid you're making doggy noises up the incorrect dendritic structure.
    1. It doesn't give PP any more cash flow because your direct debit is fixed.
    2. If you think about it the billing date is fixed for each account, so unless you supply a reading for the last day of your billing period, that, as explained by others, leaves days where PP have to estimate between when you submitted and when the account is prepared.
    Also the bill is also prepared from the readings given.
    ​Nothing wrong with a healthy dose of cynicism though....
    Quote Originally Posted by CORFE118 View Post
    I can't help wondering about the point of sending actual readings to PP, when the final bill for the month is then based on their estimated reading?
  • hi corfe118
    1. It doesn't give PP any more cash flow because your direct debit is fixed.
    2. If you think about it the billing date is fixed for each account, so unless you supply a reading for the last day of your billing period, that, as explained by others, leaves days where PP have to estimate between when you submitted and when the account is prepared.
    Also the bill is also prepared from the readings given.
    ​Nothing wrong with a healthy dose of cynicism though....
    Quote Originally Posted by CORFE118 View Post

• Hi corfe118,

All the previous replies are absolutely spot on. Especially regarding the DD payments....PP cannot generate an extra cash flow as your DD payment are agreed when you joined. You will benefit by having a look through the Community as it is full of good information.
    Gray4276
  • Hi corfe118,

All the previous replies are absolutely spot on. Especially regarding the DD payments....PP cannot generate an extra cash flow as your DD payment are agreed when you joined. You will benefit by having a look through the Community as it is full of good information.
    Gray4276

• Quote Originally Posted by woz View Post
    Community Manager - Pure Planet

• Quote Originally Posted by woz View Post
    Community Manager - Pure Planet