• Why the unnecessary bill split?

My readings were submitted at the optimum times, I have a start reading and an end reading neither of which is an estimate.
    yet...this is what I see on the statement (illustrative figures)

100% green. (28 Feb 2019 - 28 Feb 2019)
    28 Feb 2019 12300.0 Reading
    01 Mar 2019 12301.8 Estimate
    Energy Used 1.8 kWh @ pp.000 p/kWh

100% green (01 Mar 2019 - 30 Mar 2019)
    31 Mar 2019 12351.8 Reading
    Energy Used 50.0 kWh @ pp.000 p/kWh

I'm curious (it will be my undoing..I know...) ...
    As the period is both contiguous and continuous why was it deemed necessary to artificially split it like that?
    ​I think that causes unnecessary confusion when there is no price difference between the stated dates, so no need to split.
    I appreciate that this may be a way for PP to easily track things on a month by month basis, but what is the advantage for the customer in terms of clarity?
  • My readings were submitted at the optimum times, I have a start reading and an end reading neither of which is an estimate.
    yet...this is what I see on the statement (illustrative figures)

100% green. (28 Feb 2019 - 28 Feb 2019)
    28 Feb 2019 12300.0 Reading
    Energy Used 1.8 kWh @ pp.000 p/kWh

100% green (01 Mar 2019 - 30 Mar 2019)
    31 Mar 2019 12351.8 Reading
    Energy Used 50.0 kWh @ pp.000 p/kWh

I'm curious (it will be my undoing..I know...) ...
    As the period is both contiguous and continuous why was it deemed necessary to artificially split it like that?
    ​I think that causes unnecessary confusion when there is no price difference between the stated dates, so no need to split.
    I appreciate that this may be a way for PP to easily track things on a month by month basis, but what is the advantage for the customer in terms of clarity?
  • Hi Woz

Mine wasn't split like that. What have you done to deserve special treatment?

Stephen
  • Hi Woz

Stephen
  • Hello @woz,

What is your actual billing date?
  • Hello @woz,

• Blimey woz this is gonna play havoc with your free radicals
  • Blimey woz this is gonna play havoc with your free radicals
  • Well for sure you are being set a challenge. Maybe there is some weird glitch in the software that cant cope with February and this is some sort of dodgy test in preperation for the next leap year.
    🤯
    Last edited by Jon1; 03-04-19 at 09:53.
  • Well for sure you are being set a challenge. Maybe there is some weird glitch in the software that cant cope with February and this is some sort of dodgy test in preperation for the next leap year.
    🤯
  • hi Lenny, what are you thinking?
    hmmm maybe I should rephrase that..
    Why do you ask? (not being awkward just wondered if you had a theory)
    I’ll check later...always thought it was 1st month, do you mean what period (dates) does it cover?

Quote Originally Posted by Lenny View Post
    Hello @woz,

Last edited by woz; 03-04-19 at 12:19. Reason: finger bounce...ouch
  • hi Lenny, what are you thinking?
    I’ll check later...always thought it was 1st month, do you mean what period (dates) does it cover?

Hello @woz,

• haha, it would if I had any left, I think they combined years ago...
    Quote Originally Posted by Strutt G View Post
    Blimey woz this is gonna play havoc with your free radicals
  • haha, it would if I had any left, I think they combined years ago...
    Quote Originally Posted by Strutt G View Post
    Blimey woz this is gonna play havoc with your free radicals
  • Ha ha cheaper and more rewarding than all that toxbow
  • Ha ha cheaper and more rewarding than all that toxbow
  • It's a gift, havoc follows wherever I go...
    Quote Originally Posted by stephenrand View Post
    Hi Woz

Stephen
  • It's a gift, havoc follows wherever I go...
    Quote Originally Posted by stephenrand View Post
    Hi Woz

Stephen
  • Quote Originally Posted by woz View Post
    hi Lenny, what are you thinking?

Hi @woz,

My Pure Planet supply started on 17/10/18, so all my bills run from the 17th to the following 16th. My latest bill runs from 17/2 to 16/3. It looks like your joining date was the 28th, judging from the first part of your bill? But then the second part seems to continue to 30/3?

My corresponding bill looks completely normal.
  • Quote Originally Posted by woz View Post
    hi Lenny, what are you thinking?

Hi @woz,

My Pure Planet supply started on 17/10/18, so all my bills run from the 17th to the following 16th. My latest bill runs from 17/2 to 16/3. It looks like your joining date was the 28th, judging from the first part of your bill? But then the second part seems to continue to 30/3?

• hi Lenny
    "For the period 1 Mar 2019 to 31 Mar 2019" is what it says on the top of the bill.
    It's as though a "virtual" (unnecessary) day was estimated to allow the transition from Feb to March...
    Is it just one of those February anomalies?
    Hi @woz,

• hi Lenny
    "For the period 1 Mar 2019 to 31 Mar 2019" is what it says on the top of the bill.
    It's as though a "virtual" (unnecessary) day was estimated to allow the transition from Feb to March...
    Is it just one of those February anomalies?
    Hi @woz,

• Don’t fret Wozeeta, Do not fret, mine was exactly same. I submit like you, at very last min, and always get actual statements spot on, but mine was split like yours, with estimates. Same re the no reminder, like yourself, so no worries, just a little blip Wozeeta, just a little blip 🙃😉
    Peace is always beautiful.

WALT WHITMAN
  • Don’t fret Wozeeta, Do not fret, mine was exactly same. I submit like you, at very last min, and always get actual statements spot on, but mine was split like yours, with estimates. Same re the no reminder, like yourself, so no worries, just a little blip Wozeeta, just a little blip 🙃😉
    Peace is always beautiful.

WALT WHITMAN
  • unfretting as we speak....thanks bev!
    ahhhh that’s much better...
  • unfretting as we speak....thanks bev!
    ahhhh that’s much better...
  • Mine was the same @woz
  • Mine was the same @woz