• Is Feed-in-Tariff with another supplier allowed? Can I Join Pure Planet?

I would like to join Pure Planet

The T&C's seem to have 2 contrary points

1. I can not join if I have a FIT (T&Cs 1.1.2)
    2. I need to contract with another provider for FIT (T&Cs 1.1.3)

I already have my FIT from another provider and I am happy to leave it there

Can I join Pure Planet or not?
    Tap below to see the best answer
  • I would like to join Pure Planet

The T&C's seem to have 2 contrary points

1. I can not join if I have a FIT (T&Cs 1.1.2)
    2. I need to contract with another provider for FIT (T&Cs 1.1.3)

I already have my FIT from another provider and I am happy to leave it there

Can I join Pure Planet or not?
    Tap below to see the best answer

• Best Answer

Hi @DaveCanIJoin,

Love the username

You can join up with Pure Planet as a customer while you set up an FIT with a provider who supports them. It will be separate from your account with us.
    We are looking how to implement FITs here too when we can. When we have any updates on that, I shall let everyone in the community know.

Is that all the info you need? Happy to keep chatting.
  • Hi @DaveCanIJoin,

Love the username

You can join up with Pure Planet as a customer while you set up an FIT with a provider who supports them. It will be separate from your account with us.
    We are looking how to implement FITs here too when we can. When we have any updates on that, I shall let everyone in the community know.

Is that all the info you need? Happy to keep chatting.

• Hi Toby

That sounds good but it seems to contrary to the Pure Planet terms and conditions 1.1.2

1. We are not currently able to supply you and will have to decline your Application if:
    1.1.1. you are a customer on the government’s ‘Green Deal’ initiative;
    1.1.2. you have a micro-generation installation at the Address.

Do the T&Cs need updating/correcting?

Dave

at
    https://community.purepla.net/conten...ions#tkb_start
  • Hi Toby

That sounds good but it seems to contrary to the Pure Planet terms and conditions 1.1.2

1. We are not currently able to supply you and will have to decline your Application if:

Do the T&Cs need updating/correcting?

Dave

at
    https://community.purepla.net/conten...ions#tkb_start

• Hi @DaveCanIJoin,

Let me talk to the team and i'll clarify which FITs can and cannot work with our system . I'll return asap for you.
  • Hi @DaveCanIJoin,

Let me talk to the team and i'll clarify which FITs can and cannot work with our system . I'll return asap for you.

• 1) I checked on this myself and there are earlier posts (including from "Toby") that if you currently have solar panels on the roof that:
    a) You can switch to anybody.
    b) There is an 'issue' with V.1 smart meters when you have solar generation, but V.2 smart meters overcome this.
    c) Pure Planet does not handle FIT payments.

2) I have switched to PP with solar panels and FIT is still maintained with previous supplier. All recorded against meter number and application was accepted with switching in progress.

3) T&C's do need a big re-visit to reflect what is actually happening day-to-day and remove all ambiguity over what can/cannot be done. Reads like lawyers did final with nobody really proof reading them before publication.
  • 1) I checked on this myself and there are earlier posts (including from "Toby") that if you currently have solar panels on the roof that:
    a) You can switch to anybody.
    b) There is an 'issue' with V.1 smart meters when you have solar generation, but V.2 smart meters overcome this.
    c) Pure Planet does not handle FIT payments.

2) I have switched to PP with solar panels and FIT is still maintained with previous supplier. All recorded against meter number and application was accepted with switching in progress.

3) T&C's do need a big re-visit to reflect what is actually happening day-to-day and remove all ambiguity over what can/cannot be done. Reads like lawyers did final with nobody really proof reading them before publication.

• Hi @DaveCanIJoin,
    I shall obtain an update on this for you asap tomorrow.

Welcome @MeHere and thanks for sharing some thoughts on this! Also, we are looking to evaluate the Ts & Cs to make sure all is as clear as possible. Feel free to post here or send me a message about any points you feel need attention. Its really helpful to get feedback on how they are understood from members' perspectives.
  • Hi @DaveCanIJoin,
    I shall obtain an update on this for you asap tomorrow.

Welcome @MeHere and thanks for sharing some thoughts on this! Also, we are looking to evaluate the Ts & Cs to make sure all is as clear as possible. Feel free to post here or send me a message about any points you feel need attention. Its really helpful to get feedback on how they are understood from members' perspectives.

• Hi Toby

Sorry for delay in follow up.
    I can see that others have joined in my situation but it breaks the terms & conditions because of

Every Pure Planet Customer who has Solar Panels (or wind turbine etc) is immediately in Breach of Contract

1.1.2 needs removing ASAP

It is OK that Pure Planet cannot do FIT. I am quite happy to leave it where it is

Dave
  • Hi Toby

Sorry for delay in follow up.
    I can see that others have joined in my situation but it breaks the terms & conditions because of

Every Pure Planet Customer who has Solar Panels (or wind turbine etc) is immediately in Breach of Contract

1.1.2 needs removing ASAP

It is OK that Pure Planet cannot do FIT. I am quite happy to leave it where it is

Dave

• Hi @DaveCanIJoin,
    First of all, thank you for pointing out where the Ts & Cs were not clear. Its made the us take a closer look and try to improve them. I'm not sure if you've seen the new ones? It now talks about signing up the FIT element of a property to another provider. Here they are:

https://purepla.net/app/energy-terms

Please do provide any other feedback if/when it comes to you, its so helpful
  • Hi @DaveCanIJoin,
    First of all, thank you for pointing out where the Ts & Cs were not clear. Its made the us take a closer look and try to improve them. I'm not sure if you've seen the new ones? It now talks about signing up the FIT element of a property to another provider. Here they are:

https://purepla.net/app/energy-terms

Please do provide any other feedback if/when it comes to you, its so helpful

• Hi Toby

It really says the same thing as before:

We are not currently able to supply you and will have to decline your Application if:
    -point 1 - OK
    -point 2
    you have a micro-generation installation at the Address. We are not currently a Feed-in Tariff provider and you will need to contract with an eligible Feed-in Tariff licensee for your micro-generation payments

So it still says I cannot be supplied if I have a microgeneration facility. I'm sure Pure Planet is actually for renewables and is one reason 1 want to join to be on a 100% renewable electric and at least some renewable gas

I suggest delete point 2 and add as a main point in General
    We are not currently a Feed-in Tariff provider and you will need to contract with an eligible Feed-in Tariff licensee for your micro-generation payments

Then I can join without being in breach of contract

I appreciate you are sorting this out.

Dave
    Last edited by DaveCanIJoin; 19-12-17 at 18:53. Reason: spelling correction
  • Hi Toby

It really says the same thing as before:

We are not currently able to supply you and will have to decline your Application if:
    -point 1 - OK
    -point 2
    you have a micro-generation installation at the Address. We are not currently a Feed-in Tariff provider and you will need to contract with an eligible Feed-in Tariff licensee for your micro-generation payments

So it still says I cannot be supplied if I have a microgeneration facility. I'm sure Pure Planet is actually for renewables and is one reason 1 want to join to be on a 100% renewable electric and at least some renewable gas

I suggest delete point 2 and add as a main point in General
    We are not currently a Feed-in Tariff provider and you will need to contract with an eligible Feed-in Tariff licensee for your micro-generation payments

Then I can join without being in breach of contract

I appreciate you are sorting this out.

Dave

• Hi @DaveCanIJoin,
    Thanks for the alternative suggestion! I'll talk about the team now and see what we can do to make it clearer.
  • Hi @DaveCanIJoin,
    Thanks for the alternative suggestion! I'll talk about the team now and see what we can do to make it clearer.

• Hi Toby,
    I was switched on the 27th January. Npower has closed my account. How will I send fit meter readings for my solar payments?
  • Hi Toby,
    I was switched on the 27th January. Npower has closed my account. How will I send fit meter readings for my solar payments?

• Hi @Jose and welcome!
    We do not process solar payment, but you can find a supplier who does and set up an account for your Solar panels that is separate from the supply to your home. Does that make sense?
  • Hi @Jose and welcome!
    We do not process solar payment, but you can find a supplier who does and set up an account for your Solar panels that is separate from the supply to your home. Does that make sense?

• No. I thought pure planet would liaise with npower and leave my fit reading and payment with them. Where do I go? How do I set it up? This sounds like a lot of hassle. Help someone!
  • No. I thought pure planet would liaise with npower and leave my fit reading and payment with them. Where do I go? How do I set it up? This sounds like a lot of hassle. Help someone!

• Hi @Jose,

I would recommend searching for a provider who will process FIT payments. There are a few out there and one of them can set up a payment process for you and monitor the energy you produce. It works independently from your home's energy use if you join a provider who does not process the payments.
  • Hi @Jose,

I would recommend searching for a provider who will process FIT payments. There are a few out there and one of them can set up a payment process for you and monitor the energy you produce. It works independently from your home's energy use if you join a provider who does not process the payments.

• I moved from Goodenergy and left my Fits there.
  • I moved from Goodenergy and left my Fits there.

• I’m an existing customer with Purple Planet for dual energy and I’m looking at having solar panels installed - do purple planet offer a Feed In Tariff ? If not can I set this up with another supplier without moving my supply from Purple ?
  • I’m an existing customer with Purple Planet for dual energy and I’m looking at having solar panels installed - do purple planet offer a Feed In Tariff ? If not can I set this up with another supplier without moving my supply from Purple ?

• Hi lshnov.
    PP do not provide fit payments. You will be able to sign up with someone else to receive any fit payments you earn. No need to leave PP for your supply. Im guessing your installer will be able to recommend a suitable company to deal with the fit process.
  • Hi lshnov.
    PP do not provide fit payments. You will be able to sign up with someone else to receive any fit payments you earn. No need to leave PP for your supply. Im guessing your installer will be able to recommend a suitable company to deal with the fit process.

• That's spot on @Jon1 Nice one!
    Does that help @Ishnov ?

Quote Originally Posted by Jon1 View Post
    Hi lshnov.
    Community Manager - Pure Planet

• That's spot on @Jon1 Nice one!
    Does that help @Ishnov ?

Quote Originally Posted by Jon1 View Post
    Hi lshnov.
    Community Manager - Pure Planet

• I have just had solar pvs fitted. Just in time to qualify for FIT. Do PP support them yet or do I need to apply elsewhere. Will this effect being a PP customer?
  • I have just had solar pvs fitted. Just in time to qualify for FIT. Do PP support them yet or do I need to apply elsewhere. Will this effect being a PP customer?

• Quote Originally Posted by Daspy View Post
    I have just had solar pvs fitted. Just in time to qualify for FIT. Do PP support them yet or do I need to apply elsewhere. Will this effect being a PP customer?
    Hi Daspy
    Glad you got them in just in time!
    So far as I know the other answers in this thread still apply - simply get your FIT payments from another supplier:

You can choose your FIT payer from this list:

https://www.ofgem.gov.uk/environment...ontact-details

Stephen
    Last edited by stephenrand; 06-04-19 at 12:59.
  • Quote Originally Posted by Daspy View Post
    I have just had solar pvs fitted. Just in time to qualify for FIT. Do PP support them yet or do I need to apply elsewhere. Will this effect being a PP customer?
    Hi Daspy
    Glad you got them in just in time!
    So far as I know the other answers in this thread still apply - simply get your FIT payments from another supplier:

You can choose your FIT payer from this list:

https://www.ofgem.gov.uk/environment...ontact-details

Stephen