• David j returns and deserves a double thumbs up for the feathered dude!

Hi Bev, Not a hobby of mine, but I have two close friends who are photographers
    One in particular who has an arty wild personality, can stop people anywhere and strike up a connection and get some awesome photos.
    Last edited by Strutt G; 12-04-19 at 20:39.
  • David j returns and deserves a double thumbs up for the feathered dude!

Hi Bev, Not a hobby of mine, but I have two close friends who are photographers
    One in particular who has an arty wild personality, can stop people anywhere and strike up a connection and get some awesome photos.
  • [QUOTE=Strutt G;27553]David j returns and deserves a double thumbs up for the feathered dude!

Cheers Strutt G, pics taken in Philadelphia where we are being hosted by family (on the lookout for Trump pics also). So, still out of the PP loop but will make the occasional contribution.

Bye Bye
    ​Dai πŸ΄σ §σ ’σ ·σ ¬σ ³σ ΏπŸ‡¬πŸ‡§πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ
  • [QUOTE=Strutt G;27553]David j returns and deserves a double thumbs up for the feathered dude!

Cheers Strutt G, pics taken in Philadelphia where we are being hosted by family (on the lookout for Trump pics also). So, still out of the PP loop but will make the occasional contribution.

Bye Bye
    ​Dai πŸ΄σ §σ ’σ ·σ ¬σ ³σ ΏπŸ‡¬πŸ‡§πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ
  • Quote Originally Posted by Strutt G View Post
    Hi Marc, I've been meaning to compliment you on your photographic skills as noted by the use of shadowing in your other photos.
    Thanks @Strutt G that's very kind of you.
    It's a hobby (yeah OK also a dream that one day I'll pack a light bag with a camera, pick a direction, start walking, and never stop )

Quote Originally Posted by Bev View Post
    Thing is, I always wonder how it works when taking pics like that of random people. Could people object to you using their pic? Just curious, as totally out of the social media loop, for one..
    If it's in a public place, there's no legal reason they can object. Unless there children in the photo. If it's on private property, you need to ask permission.
    It's only happened to me once (that someone objected in the street) and I deleted the photo because it didn't bother me either way.
    Sometimes I do feel a bit odd taking pics of strangers!
    Community Manager - Pure Planet

• Quote Originally Posted by Strutt G View Post
    Hi Marc, I've been meaning to compliment you on your photographic skills as noted by the use of shadowing in your other photos.
    It's a hobby (yeah OK also a dream that one day I'll pack a light bag with a camera, pick a direction, start walking, and never stop )

Quote Originally Posted by Bev View Post
    Thing is, I always wonder how it works when taking pics like that of random people. Could people object to you using their pic? Just curious, as totally out of the social media loop, for one..
    If it's in a public place, there's no legal reason they can object. Unless there children in the photo. If it's on private property, you need to ask permission.
    It's only happened to me once (that someone objected in the street) and I deleted the photo because it didn't bother me either way.
    Community Manager - Pure Planet

• Hey thanks Marc πŸ‘πŸ‘. I’ve always wondered about that. Thank you
    Peace is always beautiful.

WALT WHITMAN
  • Hey thanks Marc πŸ‘πŸ‘. I’ve always wondered about that. Thank you

WALT WHITMAN
  • Quote Originally Posted by Marc View Post

It's also about what you do with the photo afterwards,for example if you publish it for gain different rules apply.
    Also I think some would feel uncomfortable if someone posted a clear prominent photo (of them) on the internet without their knowledge, so that's always worth bearing in mind depending on where you post.
    It's difficult if you happen to take a snap like marc's to inform the person retrospectively, unless you've taken their details at the time, and the whole point of candid photography is that it's of the moment.
  • Quote Originally Posted by Marc View Post

It's also about what you do with the photo afterwards,for example if you publish it for gain different rules apply.
    Also I think some would feel uncomfortable if someone posted a clear prominent photo (of them) on the internet without their knowledge, so that's always worth bearing in mind depending on where you post.
    It's difficult if you happen to take a snap like marc's to inform the person retrospectively, unless you've taken their details at the time, and the whole point of candid photography is that it's of the moment.
  • Spotted this in Cape May Diner

Name:  0617E1A0-0831-4C8C-A1B1-8F01CCD23C9F.jpeg
Views: 70
Size:  160.1 KB
  • Spotted this in Cape May Diner

Name:  0617E1A0-0831-4C8C-A1B1-8F01CCD23C9F.jpeg
Views: 70
Size:  160.1 KB
  • Spotted this sign today whilst walking round a hot Coombe Abbey Country Park. Super hot tropical day πŸ˜Žβ˜€οΈπŸ¦†. It really really tickled me!

Name:  80B1C3B1-944C-40D4-9BCC-67B61AC9CDC8.jpeg
Views: 67
Size:  1.11 MB

WALT WHITMAN
  • Spotted this sign today whilst walking round a hot Coombe Abbey Country Park. Super hot tropical day πŸ˜Žβ˜€οΈπŸ¦†. It really really tickled me!

Name:  80B1C3B1-944C-40D4-9BCC-67B61AC9CDC8.jpeg
Views: 67
Size:  1.11 MB

WALT WHITMAN
  • Just a reminder, last photo submissions for April, is Tuesday. Get your funny themed photos in by then πŸ‘πŸ‘, for a chance to win some reward points πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

WALT WHITMAN
  • Just a reminder, last photo submissions for April, is Tuesday. Get your funny themed photos in by then πŸ‘πŸ‘, for a chance to win some reward points πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

WALT WHITMAN
  • Hey everyone

I'm sure we've all enjoyed having a giggle at all the great photos submitted this month, fantastic topic @georginabutcher

April's winning photo is this great shot taken by @Scubaseahorse - interesting view!!

Quote Originally Posted by Scubaseahorse View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	COWSx2.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	3.69 MB 
ID:	2052
    Great submissions everyone, what a funny bunch

And congrats to @Scubaseahorse
    Would you like to choose the topic for May's photo challenge?
  • Hey everyone

I'm sure we've all enjoyed having a giggle at all the great photos submitted this month, fantastic topic @georginabutcher

April's winning photo is this great shot taken by @Scubaseahorse - interesting view!!

Quote Originally Posted by Scubaseahorse View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	COWSx2.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	3.69 MB 
ID:	2052
    Great submissions everyone, what a funny bunch

And congrats to @Scubaseahorse
    Would you like to choose the topic for May's photo challenge?
  • Congratulations Scuba! πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰

​Fantastic picture, well deserved winner πŸ‘πŸ₯‡πŸ†πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

WALT WHITMAN
  • Congratulations Scuba! πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰

​Fantastic picture, well deserved winner πŸ‘πŸ₯‡πŸ†πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

WALT WHITMAN
  • Worthy winner scubaseahorse, we were all β€˜chasing your tails’ and coming up short.
    Well done again,
    ​Dai
  • Worthy winner scubaseahorse, we were all β€˜chasing your tails’ and coming up short.
    Well done again,
    ​Dai
  • Great photo! Well done scuba!!
  • Great photo! Well done scuba!!
  • Yep Scuba gets this months rosette
  • Yep Scuba gets this months rosette
  • Thanks to you all for the lovely comments - you are all very kind πŸ’•πŸ’• πŸ™ƒπŸ˜ŠπŸ˜ I am honoured.

The topic I'd like to choose is

Foot wear! πŸ‘žπŸ‘ŸπŸ‘ πŸ‘‘πŸ‘‘πŸ‘‘πŸ‘ πŸ‘ŸπŸ‘ž

Good Luck everyone, I'll be waiting in anticipation to see what you all come up with.
    Last edited by Scubaseahorse; 01-05-19 at 21:54. Reason: Mistake
  • Thanks to you all for the lovely comments - you are all very kind πŸ’•πŸ’• πŸ™ƒπŸ˜ŠπŸ˜ I am honoured.

The topic I'd like to choose is

Foot wear! πŸ‘žπŸ‘ŸπŸ‘ πŸ‘‘πŸ‘‘πŸ‘‘πŸ‘ πŸ‘ŸπŸ‘ž

Good Luck everyone, I'll be waiting in anticipation to see what you all come up with.
  • Great idea Scubaseahorse
  • Great idea Scubaseahorse
  • Awesome topic Scuba! πŸ™€πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘ πŸ‘’πŸ‘žπŸ§¦πŸ‘Ÿ

WALT WHITMAN
  • Awesome topic Scuba! πŸ™€πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘ πŸ‘’πŸ‘žπŸ§¦πŸ‘Ÿ

WALT WHITMAN
  • Haha, great topic Scuba... does it include kinky boots?
    ​and before anyone comments wasn’t it a film?
  • Haha, great topic Scuba... does it include kinky boots?
    ​and before anyone comments wasn’t it a film?
  • Great choice @Scubaseahorse

I've made the May photo challenge thread here

Good luck everyone!
  • Great choice @Scubaseahorse

I've made the May photo challenge thread here

Good luck everyone!