• Why is money being taken out by Pure Planet and by Green Network as well

HI
    I HAVE MY Gas and Electrcity swith to Green network on thr 18 Feburaury i could not send the Meter reading due to been
    hoilday.I just got my statement ther has been 61.37 pounds been taken outoff my Pure Plnet on the 29/03.19 account also there as money taken out by GREEN network on 19/03/19 for 83.87, I liketoknow why there money taken out by Pure Planet when there money taken out by Green Network as well.i HAVE TAKEN A mETER Reading which is Gas is 2522 and electric is 3139. Please can you why nmoney taken Pure Planet.

- - - Updated - - -

I HAVE MY Gas and Electrcity swith to Green network on thr 18 Feburaury i could not send the Meter reading due to been
    hoilday.I just got my statement ther has been 61.37 pounds been taken outoff my Pure Plnet on the 29/03.19 account also there as money taken out by GREEN network on 19/03/19 for 83.87, I liketoknow why there money taken out by Pure Planet when there money taken out by Green Network as well.i HAVE TAKEN A mETER Reading which is Gas is 2522 and electric is 3139. Please can you why nmoney taken Pure Planet.
    QUOTE REPLY Ramesh Patel
    Tap below to see the best answer
  • HI

- - - Updated - - -

QUOTE REPLY Ramesh Patel
    Tap below to see the best answer

• Best Answer

Quote Originally Posted by Lefthander54 View Post
    HI

- - - Updated - - -

QUOTE REPLY Ramesh Patel
    Hi Lefthander54

As this is your first post, welcome to the Pure Planet community. When you post here you are talking to your fellow customers, not directly to Pure Planet. But you will find that there are lots of people who are happy to help if they can.

1. Don't worry that you missed your meter reading. You can either wait until the next monthly prompt arrives, or you can submit a reading now. It doesn't matter - your direct debit will be taken for the amount that was indicated when you switched. To send a reading now, go to the app home page, click on the three lines top right, and select 'send a meter reading'. Putting your readings in a post here doesn't work, I'm afraid!

2. It's not uncommon for your old company to take a further payment after you have switched. It can take up to six weeks for your meter readings at the time of the switch to be agreed. Don't cancel your direct debit with the previous company - that would make it harder for them to give you a refund. But you can contact them and ask them to reduce your direct debit to a nominal figure in the meantime so you don't get another big payment going out. When your switch meter reading is agreed (it's an industry process, nothing to do with Pure Planet) then your old supplier will give you a refund.

Hope that helps
    Stephen
  • Quote Originally Posted by Lefthander54 View Post
    HI

- - - Updated - - -

QUOTE REPLY Ramesh Patel
    Hi Lefthander54

As this is your first post, welcome to the Pure Planet community. When you post here you are talking to your fellow customers, not directly to Pure Planet. But you will find that there are lots of people who are happy to help if they can.

1. Don't worry that you missed your meter reading. You can either wait until the next monthly prompt arrives, or you can submit a reading now. It doesn't matter - your direct debit will be taken for the amount that was indicated when you switched. To send a reading now, go to the app home page, click on the three lines top right, and select 'send a meter reading'. Putting your readings in a post here doesn't work, I'm afraid!

2. It's not uncommon for your old company to take a further payment after you have switched. It can take up to six weeks for your meter readings at the time of the switch to be agreed. Don't cancel your direct debit with the previous company - that would make it harder for them to give you a refund. But you can contact them and ask them to reduce your direct debit to a nominal figure in the meantime so you don't get another big payment going out. When your switch meter reading is agreed (it's an industry process, nothing to do with Pure Planet) then your old supplier will give you a refund.

Hope that helps
    Stephen

• Hi Lefthander,

This is a common occurrence due to the nature of the switching process in the UK and how direct debits work.

Pure Planet will have had a direct debit set up for you to pay a set amount per month and eventually take a final amount when a bill is produced. As you weren't available to take a meter reading on the day of the switch this will delay things a bit as both suppliers will receive a deemed reading from the industry in order to settle your account with the old supplier (PP in this case) and start the account with Green Network. Depending on the date your direct debit is scheduled this might just be poor timing in that your normal monthly scheduled DD goes out from PP and Green Network take their first payment.

You will NOT be charged twice, it's just the way direct debits work. If you have overpaid PP they will use the direct debit (which is why you should never cancel it) to return anything owed to you and Green Network will take the amount of the direct debit paid to them into account when they send you your first bill - it will all work out but takes a number of weeks.
  • Hi Lefthander,

This is a common occurrence due to the nature of the switching process in the UK and how direct debits work.

Pure Planet will have had a direct debit set up for you to pay a set amount per month and eventually take a final amount when a bill is produced. As you weren't available to take a meter reading on the day of the switch this will delay things a bit as both suppliers will receive a deemed reading from the industry in order to settle your account with the old supplier (PP in this case) and start the account with Green Network. Depending on the date your direct debit is scheduled this might just be poor timing in that your normal monthly scheduled DD goes out from PP and Green Network take their first payment.

You will NOT be charged twice, it's just the way direct debits work. If you have overpaid PP they will use the direct debit (which is why you should never cancel it) to return anything owed to you and Green Network will take the amount of the direct debit paid to them into account when they send you your first bill - it will all work out but takes a number of weeks.