• Swap over from utilita pre paid HELP

my supply switched over last night, my direct debit has gone out to pure planet. Utilita haven’t swapped my meters over to credit and now they are saying they can’t touch my metres or switch it from their end as they no longer have control of he meters. I need to top my meters up so they don’t run out, so in effect I’m paying two suppliers for same energy 😩😩😩😩
    Tap below to see the best answer
  • my supply switched over last night, my direct debit has gone out to pure planet. Utilita haven’t swapped my meters over to credit and now they are saying they can’t touch my metres or switch it from their end as they no longer have control of he meters. I need to top my meters up so they don’t run out, so in effect I’m paying two suppliers for same energy 😩😩😩😩
    Tap below to see the best answer

• Best Answer

Hi Louise
    Welcome to the Pure Planet community! When you post here you are talking to your fellow customers, not directly to Pure Planet. But lots of them are willing to help.

My concern is that it sounds as if you are on a prepayment meter, but Pure Planet don't currently take members on prepayment meters.

But if you have switched successfully, you won't end up paying twice for the same energy.

I'm hoping someone else may be able to offer more insight.

If you want to contact Pure Planet, go to the three little lines top right, choose Help, click on Wattbot, put 'message the team' in the subject line and explain the problem and they will get back to you within two working days.

Don't worry, you'll get it sorted

Stephen
  • Hi Louise
    Welcome to the Pure Planet community! When you post here you are talking to your fellow customers, not directly to Pure Planet. But lots of them are willing to help.

My concern is that it sounds as if you are on a prepayment meter, but Pure Planet don't currently take members on prepayment meters.

But if you have switched successfully, you won't end up paying twice for the same energy.

I'm hoping someone else may be able to offer more insight.

If you want to contact Pure Planet, go to the three little lines top right, choose Help, click on Wattbot, put 'message the team' in the subject line and explain the problem and they will get back to you within two working days.

Don't worry, you'll get it sorted

Stephen

• Best Answer

Quote Originally Posted by LouiseE View Post
    my supply switched over last night, my direct debit has gone out to pure planet. Utilita haven’t swapped my meters over to credit and now they are saying they can’t touch my metres or switch it from their end as they no longer have control of he meters.
    Hi @LouiseE
    Welcome to the community, and don't worry. @stephenrand is right, Utilita should have changed these to credit mode for you.
    I've flagged this up with our Member services team. Alice for the team will get it sorted for you, and she'll contact you too
    Community Manager - Pure Planet

• Quote Originally Posted by LouiseE View Post
    my supply switched over last night, my direct debit has gone out to pure planet. Utilita haven’t swapped my meters over to credit and now they are saying they can’t touch my metres or switch it from their end as they no longer have control of he meters.
    Hi @LouiseE
    Welcome to the community, and don't worry. @stephenrand is right, Utilita should have changed these to credit mode for you.
    I've flagged this up with our Member services team. Alice for the team will get it sorted for you, and she'll contact you too
    Community Manager - Pure Planet

• Thanks for the reply. Yes, I realise it’s the community. I had read other community posts before switching saying that they could switch smart meter prepaid and utiltia would switch the meters to credit at the switch. utilita incorrectly told me they would do it this morning 😩 I hope I can still top my meters up using utiltia app as I’m nearly out of supply
  • Thanks for the reply. Yes, I realise it’s the community. I had read other community posts before switching saying that they could switch smart meter prepaid and utiltia would switch the meters to credit at the switch. utilita incorrectly told me they would do it this morning 😩 I hope I can still top my meters up using utiltia app as I’m nearly out of supply

Thanks for the reply. Yes, I realise it’s the community. I had read other community posts before switching saying that they could switch smart meter prepaid and utiltia would switch the meters to credit at the switch. utilita incorrectly told me they would do it this morning 😩 I hope I can still top my meters up using utiltia app as I’m nearly out of supply
    Just found this on another thread " If it is a smart prepay meter. then the current supplier has to change it to credit mode.
    If it is an old school analogue then at some point PP will stop the switch as they cant handle prepay meters and you will stay with whoever the supplier is now."

Does that help? Sounds like it's a utilita issue. But you don't want to end up with no energy. If you are stuck, message here again...
    Stephen
    Thanks for the reply. Yes, I realise it’s the community. I had read other community posts before switching saying that they could switch smart meter prepaid and utiltia would switch the meters to credit at the switch. utilita incorrectly told me they would do it this morning 😩 I hope I can still top my meters up using utiltia app as I’m nearly out of supply
    Just found this on another thread " If it is a smart prepay meter. then the current supplier has to change it to credit mode.
    If it is an old school analogue then at some point PP will stop the switch as they cant handle prepay meters and you will stay with whoever the supplier is now."

Does that help? Sounds like it's a utilita issue. But you don't want to end up with no energy. If you are stuck, message here again...
    Stephen

• Rang utiltia again they can’t do anything. They confirmed I can’t top up with them as it won’t go on my meter. I have two days electricity left and then I’m off supply. I’ve done the bott thing so hopefully someone will get back to me tomorrow and sort something. Otherwise me and my two kids are going to have to find somewhere else to stay 😢
  • Rang utiltia again they can’t do anything. They confirmed I can’t top up with them as it won’t go on my meter. I have two days electricity left and then I’m off supply. I’ve done the bott thing so hopefully someone will get back to me tomorrow and sort something. Otherwise me and my two kids are going to have to find somewhere else to stay 😢