• hi Johnx
    Sorry you feel that way. I stand by my original remark which was predicated upon there being a PAYG system based on your post "With regards to split payments I do not have a problem with them but I would prefer 1 regular payment or better still pay for what I use as I go
    hence the comment was based on running out of credit (a.k.a putting a shilling in the meter)
    https://www.coinbooks.org/esylum_v18n52a16.html
    I didn't say there was no need to keep a credit balance, I questioned (with a question mark) that if you paid by direct debit for what you consumed that there would be no need to keep a credit balance, my reasoning being that with that model there would be no ongong longer term debt.
    I don't work for PP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnxholland View Post
    Hi there
    First of all I’d like to say I don’t expect it to happen. But it is the way I would prefer to pay and if no one expresses this view it certainly won’t happen.

You say no need to keep a credit balance but it’s my understanding that because pure planet buys electric in advance it likes it customers to pay in advance which I think is fair enough.

As for any company offering a system like the one I suggest I do not know of any.

When I first started paying my electric bills back in the 70’s there was no budget scheme just a quarterly bill to pay by cheque or cash. Then budget schemes came but because they were only standing orders rather than direct debits the amounts had to be set the same for each month. Later when direct debits came along the 2 tier system was adopted by all of the electric companies I know of. I believe it is only a matter of time before monthly payment plans are offered, whether I’ll live to see it is another thing.
    The point about estimated bill is that if member do not supply readings the company would have to estimate the usage but not with a smart meter fitted.

I supply a meter reading when PP send a reminder but that hasn’t stopped me running up a balance of over £100 on a DD of £50. I’m not really worried about this I’m sure it will workout in the end.

As for jokes, comments about running out of shillings if not a joke was a stupid comment And in that vein don’t call me Shirley.
    Last edited by woz; 24-06-19 at 15:39.
  • hi Johnx
    Sorry you feel that way. I stand by my original remark which was predicated upon there being a PAYG system based on your post "With regards to split payments I do not have a problem with them but I would prefer 1 regular payment or better still pay for what I use as I go
    hence the comment was based on running out of credit (a.k.a putting a shilling in the meter)
    https://www.coinbooks.org/esylum_v18n52a16.html
    I didn't say there was no need to keep a credit balance, I questioned (with a question mark) that if you paid by direct debit for what you consumed that there would be no need to keep a credit balance, my reasoning being that with that model there would be no ongong longer term debt.
    I don't work for PP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnxholland View Post
    Hi there
    First of all I’d like to say I don’t expect it to happen. But it is the way I would prefer to pay and if no one expresses this view it certainly won’t happen.

You say no need to keep a credit balance but it’s my understanding that because pure planet buys electric in advance it likes it customers to pay in advance which I think is fair enough.

As for any company offering a system like the one I suggest I do not know of any.

When I first started paying my electric bills back in the 70’s there was no budget scheme just a quarterly bill to pay by cheque or cash. Then budget schemes came but because they were only standing orders rather than direct debits the amounts had to be set the same for each month. Later when direct debits came along the 2 tier system was adopted by all of the electric companies I know of. I believe it is only a matter of time before monthly payment plans are offered, whether I’ll live to see it is another thing.
    The point about estimated bill is that if member do not supply readings the company would have to estimate the usage but not with a smart meter fitted.

I supply a meter reading when PP send a reminder but that hasn’t stopped me running up a balance of over £100 on a DD of £50. I’m not really worried about this I’m sure it will workout in the end.

As for jokes, comments about running out of shillings if not a joke was a stupid comment And in that vein don’t call me Shirley.
  • Dear Marc
    I’ve had a review of my payment schedule, which I though was a little excessive and I submitted a suggestion which I thought would be more realistic. It would have resulted in a few credit balances and a few debit balances on my account, but over a year I felt it would have evened out. I even added a 5% increase just in case a rise occurred and, of course, it included the membership fee etc.
    I find it strange that the response was so inflexible. Marie did offer to delay the review for another six months, but that might have resulted in me owing you more often and perhaps not clearing the balance after 12 months. I even asked for the amounts to be set in round pounds rather than pounds and pence. The response each time was ‘Unfortunately we are unable to set your payments to the exact figures mentioned due to our high and low season structure’. I expect you will be able to look at the email correspondence I had with Marie so will not repeat it all here. In view of your comments here I am just curious to get your thoughts.
    Yours
    Michael (Griffith)
  • Dear Marc
    I’ve had a review of my payment schedule, which I though was a little excessive and I submitted a suggestion which I thought would be more realistic. It would have resulted in a few credit balances and a few debit balances on my account, but over a year I felt it would have evened out. I even added a 5% increase just in case a rise occurred and, of course, it included the membership fee etc.
    I find it strange that the response was so inflexible. Marie did offer to delay the review for another six months, but that might have resulted in me owing you more often and perhaps not clearing the balance after 12 months. I even asked for the amounts to be set in round pounds rather than pounds and pence. The response each time was ‘Unfortunately we are unable to set your payments to the exact figures mentioned due to our high and low season structure’. I expect you will be able to look at the email correspondence I had with Marie so will not repeat it all here. In view of your comments here I am just curious to get your thoughts.
    Yours
    Michael (Griffith)
  • Quote Originally Posted by MichaelOfHighwray View Post
    Dear Marc
    Yours
    Michael (Griffith)
    Hi @MichaelOfHighwray
    Nice to see you

In view of your comments here I am just curious to get your thoughts.
    I'm not sure exactly which of my thoughts you're after! About your DD review or the high and low season structure?
    Community Manager - Pure Planet

• Quote Originally Posted by MichaelOfHighwray View Post
    Dear Marc
    Yours
    Michael (Griffith)
    Hi @MichaelOfHighwray
    Nice to see you

In view of your comments here I am just curious to get your thoughts.
    I'm not sure exactly which of my thoughts you're after! About your DD review or the high and low season structure?
    Community Manager - Pure Planet

• Hi Michael
    I'm going to read between the lines here and say that there has been a "misunderstanding" about the whole pound payment situation.
    I know this is the case because I've posted about it previously and it's easy to resolve with a bit of thought.
    When you calculate your annual all you need to do is take the annual figure, and round it up or down so it's divisible by 30 exactly.
    A couple of random examples:
    Annual = £1382 divide by 30 = 46.06, nearest is 46, 46x30 =£1380 so use £1380 which gives £138 and £92
    Annual = £1826.12 divide by 30 =£60.87 so use 61x30=£1830 payments of £183 and £122
    I'm guessing Marie didn't think of it that way, but it's do-able and I know because I did it with my payments.
    Calculate it that way and ask for your payments to be set to that figure
    caveat if the split has been changed to not be exactly 60/40, that wont work. I don't think it has. but if it has please will you post back and let us know?

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelOfHighwray View Post
    Dear Marc
    Yours
    Michael (Griffith)
    Last edited by woz; 03-07-19 at 14:58.
  • Hi Michael
    I'm going to read between the lines here and say that there has been a "misunderstanding" about the whole pound payment situation.
    I know this is the case because I've posted about it previously and it's easy to resolve with a bit of thought.
    When you calculate your annual all you need to do is take the annual figure, and round it up or down so it's divisible by 30 exactly.
    A couple of random examples:
    Annual = £1382 divide by 30 = 46.06, nearest is 46, 46x30 =£1380 so use £1380 which gives £138 and £92
    Annual = £1826.12 divide by 30 =£60.87 so use 61x30=£1830 payments of £183 and £122
    I'm guessing Marie didn't think of it that way, but it's do-able and I know because I did it with my payments.
    Calculate it that way and ask for your payments to be set to that figure
    caveat if the split has been changed to not be exactly 60/40, that wont work. I don't think it has. but if it has please will you post back and let us know?

Dear Marc
    Yours
    Michael (Griffith)
  • Dear WOZ
    Thank you for that explanation. The system you describe does appear to be overly complicated when all we need is to agree a total annual cost and take the 40% and 60%, divide each by 6 and round to whatever amount you want.
    Anyway, I'm not going to argue about it as it will all sort itself out eventually.
    Thanks for your post anyway.
    Yours
    Michael.
  • Dear WOZ
    Thank you for that explanation. The system you describe does appear to be overly complicated when all we need is to agree a total annual cost and take the 40% and 60%, divide each by 6 and round to whatever amount you want.
    Anyway, I'm not going to argue about it as it will all sort itself out eventually.
    Yours
    Michael.
  • hi Michael
    yes it was a bit complicated and it's not the only way of doing it, but you seemed bothered that you wanted payments rounded to a whole pound figure and that was an easy way of achieving it, because, as far as I know (but I'm prepared to be proven wrong), you cant adjust one figure without the other being affected as the calculation works on both figures. Hence my suggestion.
    If you are able to agree unrelated whole pound figures by just rounding up please let us know?

The simplest formula is
    £summer = £winter divided by 1.5 and
    £winter = £summer x 1.5
    Dear WOZ
    Yours
    Michael.
    Last edited by woz; 07-07-19 at 00:17.
  • hi Michael
    yes it was a bit complicated and it's not the only way of doing it, but you seemed bothered that you wanted payments rounded to a whole pound figure and that was an easy way of achieving it, because, as far as I know (but I'm prepared to be proven wrong), you cant adjust one figure without the other being affected as the calculation works on both figures. Hence my suggestion.
    If you are able to agree unrelated whole pound figures by just rounding up please let us know?

The simplest formula is
    £summer = £winter divided by 1.5 and
    £winter = £summer x 1.5
    Dear WOZ
    Yours
    Michael.