• Question about my existing Smart meter

Hi,

My existing electricity meter is an EDMI Atlas Mk10D (I have a 3-phase supply)

The manufacturer's website says it's a smart meter. Is it? And will it need to be changed?

Does the 3-phase supply cause problems?

Thanks

James
    Tap below to see the best answer
  • Hi,

My existing electricity meter is an EDMI Atlas Mk10D (I have a 3-phase supply)

The manufacturer's website says it's a smart meter. Is it? And will it need to be changed?

Does the 3-phase supply cause problems?

Thanks

James
    Tap below to see the best answer

• Best Answer

Hello James,

I haven't yet heard of a SMETS2 3 phase meter so it will be a SMETS1 meter that is currently installed.

As Marc says the industry is focussing on single phase installations but I hear there are manufacturers working on polyphase but it likely won't be until early 2020 that these become readily available.
  • Hello James,

I haven't yet heard of a SMETS2 3 phase meter so it will be a SMETS1 meter that is currently installed.

As Marc says the industry is focussing on single phase installations but I hear there are manufacturers working on polyphase but it likely won't be until early 2020 that these become readily available.

• Hi @jamesdearden
    If you've got a 3-phase supply then currently that's an issue. This question came up in a recent Q&A with our head of smart meters rollout.
    As it's still early days in the national SMETS2 roll-out the focus so far has been for the most common domestic set-ups, and that means single phase.
    We've been asking about 3-phase and so far the industry's looking at possibly having something ready by the end of this year.
    Community Manager - Pure Planet

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
  • Hi @jamesdearden
    If you've got a 3-phase supply then currently that's an issue. This question came up in a recent Q&A with our head of smart meters rollout.
    As it's still early days in the national SMETS2 roll-out the focus so far has been for the most common domestic set-ups, and that means single phase.
    We've been asking about 3-phase and so far the industry's looking at possibly having something ready by the end of this year.
    Community Manager - Pure Planet

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​