• Have a means of sending meter readings via computer

I would like to be able send meter readings on my iMac as it has a big screen and it will be quicker. I should also not want to send photos every time as one meter is in the garage and the other is on an outside wall. I also want to able submit readings directly from your emailed energy statement.
    Tap below to see the best answer
  • I would like to be able send meter readings on my iMac as it has a big screen and it will be quicker. I should also not want to send photos every time as one meter is in the garage and the other is on an outside wall. I also want to able submit readings directly from your emailed energy statement.
    Tap below to see the best answer

• Best Answer

Hi Everyman1947

As this is your first post, welcome to the community! You are talking to your fellow customers, not directly to Pure Planet.

Pure Planet are very clear that the key feature of the way things work is by using the app - "You'll need a smartphone or tablet running iOS 9 or above, or Android 5.0 (Lollipop) or above to join us." I find being able to take my phone into the garage to get the reading really helpful, and the built-in torch is great too.

The good news is that you only need to send photos with your first readings.

But if you really find using the app too difficult, I think the only sensible option is to switch again. But I would encourage you to give the app a trial for 2-3 months, and see if you get used to it.

Hope that helps.
    Stephen
  • Hi Everyman1947

As this is your first post, welcome to the community! You are talking to your fellow customers, not directly to Pure Planet.

Pure Planet are very clear that the key feature of the way things work is by using the app - "You'll need a smartphone or tablet running iOS 9 or above, or Android 5.0 (Lollipop) or above to join us." I find being able to take my phone into the garage to get the reading really helpful, and the built-in torch is great too.

The good news is that you only need to send photos with your first readings.

But if you really find using the app too difficult, I think the only sensible option is to switch again. But I would encourage you to give the app a trial for 2-3 months, and see if you get used to it.

Hope that helps.
    Stephen

• Quote Originally Posted by Everyman1947 View Post
    I would like to be able send meter readings on my iMac as it has a big screen and it will be quicker. I should also not want to send photos every time as one meter is in the garage and the other is on an outside wall. I also want to able submit readings directly from your emailed energy statement.
    Hi @Everyman1947
    Welcome to the community!
    Thanks for posting. @stephenrand is right, we're app only.
    But watch this space, as we've got plans.......
    Community Manager - Pure Planet

• Quote Originally Posted by Everyman1947 View Post
    Hi @Everyman1947
    Welcome to the community!
    Thanks for posting. @stephenrand is right, we're app only.
    But watch this space, as we've got plans.......
    Community Manager - Pure Planet