• Login process feedback and questions.

I switched to Pure Plant in September, no problems until this morning when it was time to read my meters. Here's what happened:

- didn't log in automatically on my android phone which is the same phone I've used before.
    - Entered my email address and then had to tap to get the access email, the problem is that the email address I use for Pure Planet isn't on my phone email (I have an different email address for companies).
    - It takes about 3-4 minutes for the email to get through but I had tapped a few times so lost track of the latest one. I tried forwarding these to another account and but that didn't work.
    - Then had to set up my companies email address on the phone, wait 3 minutes, eventually logged in.

Why isn't the login just user name and password like 99% of the apps I use?

Was my auto login lost due to a recent phone update?

Thanks

Paul
  • I switched to Pure Plant in September, no problems until this morning when it was time to read my meters. Here's what happened:

- didn't log in automatically on my android phone which is the same phone I've used before.
    - Entered my email address and then had to tap to get the access email, the problem is that the email address I use for Pure Planet isn't on my phone email (I have an different email address for companies).
    - It takes about 3-4 minutes for the email to get through but I had tapped a few times so lost track of the latest one. I tried forwarding these to another account and but that didn't work.
    - Then had to set up my companies email address on the phone, wait 3 minutes, eventually logged in.

Why isn't the login just user name and password like 99% of the apps I use?

Was my auto login lost due to a recent phone update?

Thanks

Paul
  • Hi @Paulmcg
    Welcome to the community!
    Cheers for this feedback.
    I've passed it on to our app team.
    It's possible that your auto login was lost in an app update. We did update the app earlier this week.
    We'll be looking at different ways to login in the future. It's still quite early days for us, and we've got loads on our to-do list!
    It is really nice to get feedback from members. Nice one.
    Community Manager - Pure Planet

• Hi @Paulmcg
    Cheers for this feedback.
    I've passed it on to our app team.
    It's possible that your auto login was lost in an app update. We did update the app earlier this week.
    We'll be looking at different ways to login in the future. It's still quite early days for us, and we've got loads on our to-do list!
    It is really nice to get feedback from members. Nice one.

• Sadly i would have to agree with this post. Email log in is quite dated, all my financial apps bank,cards and even pension are device recognised and have 5/6 pin log in codes.
  • Sadly i would have to agree with this post. Email log in is quite dated, all my financial apps bank,cards and even pension are device recognised and have 5/6 pin log in codes.
  • Just joined yesterday and was surprised to find, for such a forward-thinking company, a cumbersome, old-fashioned email login process. I don't like to keep apps open on my phone or be logged on permanently on my PC & it takes a while for the email login to reach me when I want to access. I noticed a convo here from nearly a year ago saying it might change - any progress? A real frustration/dissappointment in an otherwise smooth (so far) switch process.
  • Just joined yesterday and was surprised to find, for such a forward-thinking company, a cumbersome, old-fashioned email login process. I don't like to keep apps open on my phone or be logged on permanently on my PC & it takes a while for the email login to reach me when I want to access. I noticed a convo here from nearly a year ago saying it might change - any progress? A real frustration/dissappointment in an otherwise smooth (so far) switch process.
  • Hi Joanna R
    Welcome to the community,

It's worth remembering that you don't have to keep the apps open or pc on, as long as you don't log out, you should be logged in when restarting the app.
    I frequently restart my phone to clear the cache it always logs me in when I reopen the app
  • Hi Joanna R

It's worth remembering that you don't have to keep the apps open or pc on, as long as you don't log out, you should be logged in when restarting the app.
    I frequently restart my phone to clear the cache it always logs me in when I reopen the app
  • Quote Originally Posted by Joanna R View Post
    Just joined yesterday and was surprised to find, for such a forward-thinking company, a cumbersome, old-fashioned email login process. I don't like to keep apps open on my phone or be logged on permanently on my PC & it takes a while for the email login to reach me when I want to access. I noticed a convo here from nearly a year ago saying it might change - any progress? A real frustration/dissappointment in an otherwise smooth (so far) switch process.
    Hi @Joanna R
    Thanks for posting. And thanks for this great feedback.
    Glad to hear you've joined us!
    As @Duppy as pointed out, once you're logged in, you'll stay logged in, so that'll make life easier.
    But I'd love to hear more about the sort of experience you'd like. And who you think does it really well.

• Quote Originally Posted by Joanna R View Post
    Just joined yesterday and was surprised to find, for such a forward-thinking company, a cumbersome, old-fashioned email login process. I don't like to keep apps open on my phone or be logged on permanently on my PC & it takes a while for the email login to reach me when I want to access. I noticed a convo here from nearly a year ago saying it might change - any progress? A real frustration/dissappointment in an otherwise smooth (so far) switch process.
    Hi @Joanna R
    Thanks for posting. And thanks for this great feedback.
    Glad to hear you've joined us!
    As @Duppy as pointed out, once you're logged in, you'll stay logged in, so that'll make life easier.
    But I'd love to hear more about the sort of experience you'd like. And who you think does it really well.

• Quote Originally Posted by Duppy View Post
    Hi Joanna R

I totally agree with Duppy.
    I had an issue not long after I joined PP as I always logged off. I now stay logged on but close the App. I constantly clear the cache on my phone (numerous times daily). I never experience issues opening the App anymore even after App updates..... Always straight in.
    Gray4276
  • Quote Originally Posted by Duppy View Post
    Hi Joanna R

I totally agree with Duppy.
    I had an issue not long after I joined PP as I always logged off. I now stay logged on but close the App. I constantly clear the cache on my phone (numerous times daily). I never experience issues opening the App anymore even after App updates..... Always straight in.
    Gray4276