• Hi AI O,
    I posted a message in Wattbot in an open thread asking for an update and just got a generic response from Wattbot. The original query has not been answered yet so thread still open so thought question would go to the team.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
  • Hi AI O,
    I posted a message in Wattbot in an open thread asking for an update and just got a generic response from Wattbot. The original query has not been answered yet so thread still open so thought question would go to the team.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
  • Hi @Duppy,

Sorry your initial query wasn't answered. It looks as though your chat with the team was closed but we didn't send you the message to say you were back with WattBot. You can contact the team again with your follow-up question - they'll be able to see the previous conversation.

To help with this in future, I'm looking into whether it's possible to make it clearer whether you are chatting with WattBot or with the team.

​Al
  • Hi @Duppy,

Sorry your initial query wasn't answered. It looks as though your chat with the team was closed but we didn't send you the message to say you were back with WattBot. You can contact the team again with your follow-up question - they'll be able to see the previous conversation.

To help with this in future, I'm looking into whether it's possible to make it clearer whether you are chatting with WattBot or with the team.

​Al
  • Not sure if this is the right place to comment, but my perception is that virtually every community thread contains one or more explanations of how to message the team. Therefore, there's an underlying problem in making it clearer when, why and how to message the team.

Solving that problem would reduce the community's storage consumption and make the community less boring to read.
  • Not sure if this is the right place to comment, but my perception is that virtually every community thread contains one or more explanations of how to message the team. Therefore, there's an underlying problem in making it clearer when, why and how to message the team.

Solving that problem would reduce the community's storage consumption and make the community less boring to read.
  • I absolutely agree.
    Wattbot should take the questioner through a not too torturous journey leading to the submission of a question to the team. The physical process of having to circumvent that from the start by typing in some random phrase is a nonsense.
    If a simple initial search combined with the supposed AI of wattbot (I daren't comment on what I feel I'll be lynched by Al-o) doesn't throw up the answer, then the user should be prompted to submit to the team.
    The problem as I see it is that the balancing act of attempting to deflect the user away from submitting can and has caused a bad user experience in some cases, and continues to do so.
    A company that relies solely on this means of communication for people who don't want to use or shouldn't use the community (e.g. account specific questions) can't afford to generate bad user experiences, leaving the customer with the perception that they've hit a brick wall.
    I'm sure PP are aware of all this.

Quote Originally Posted by talldave View Post
    Not sure if this is the right place to comment, but my perception is that virtually every community thread contains one or more explanations of how to message the team. Therefore, there's an underlying problem in making it clearer when, why and how to message the team.

• I absolutely agree.
    Wattbot should take the questioner through a not too torturous journey leading to the submission of a question to the team. The physical process of having to circumvent that from the start by typing in some random phrase is a nonsense.
    If a simple initial search combined with the supposed AI of wattbot (I daren't comment on what I feel I'll be lynched by Al-o) doesn't throw up the answer, then the user should be prompted to submit to the team.
    The problem as I see it is that the balancing act of attempting to deflect the user away from submitting can and has caused a bad user experience in some cases, and continues to do so.
    A company that relies solely on this means of communication for people who don't want to use or shouldn't use the community (e.g. account specific questions) can't afford to generate bad user experiences, leaving the customer with the perception that they've hit a brick wall.
    I'm sure PP are aware of all this.

Quote Originally Posted by talldave View Post
    Not sure if this is the right place to comment, but my perception is that virtually every community thread contains one or more explanations of how to message the team. Therefore, there's an underlying problem in making it clearer when, why and how to message the team.

• Quote Originally Posted by woz View Post
    Sorry @woz I can't follow that link, says I don't have permission to view it, that's the second time that's happened.
    Sorry @woz I can't follow that link, says I don't have permission to view it, that's the second time that's happened.
  • Quote Originally Posted by Duppy View Post
    Hey @Duppy
    We've got an ideas section in the community for our Members who want to get involved by suggesting new stuff we should be doing - service, product, anything goes really.
    If you're interested I can invite you to it?
    Community Manager - Pure Planet

• Quote Originally Posted by Duppy View Post
    Hey @Duppy
    We've got an ideas section in the community for our Members who want to get involved by suggesting new stuff we should be doing - service, product, anything goes really.
    If you're interested I can invite you to it?

• hi Duppy
    sorry about that, I just realised why.
    ​@Marc please can you remove the above post with the link, apologies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Duppy View Post
    Last edited by woz; 13-05-19 at 12:15.
  • hi Duppy
    Quote Originally Posted by Duppy View Post
    hi Duppy
    No need @woz as @Duppy now has access

hi Duppy

• Thanks Marc, yes, I was just thinking of other clicks..best to leave as is...thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc View Post
  • Thanks Marc, yes, I was just thinking of other clicks..best to leave as is...thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc View Post