• We’re improving WattBot and need your help

Hi everyone

We want to carry out some minor surgery on WattBot, our virtual assistant.

Watt currently answers around two thirds of questions from Pure Planet Members, but we reckon we can make him even better!

It would be great if Members of our community can help out by putting Watt to the test.

We want to know about those times when he replies with an unexpected or unhelpful answer. If you’re up for helping us out, head over to WattBot in the app by tapping Menu > Help > Ask WattBot.

Ask Watt anything you can think of about energy, your PP account or reading your meter.

It’s OK, WattBot loves questions and won’t get annoyed if you really go to town.

For example, if you ask Watt about Amazon Vouchers he doesn’t appear to have heard of them.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tap on Ask WattBot-small.jpg 
Views:	267 
Size:	37.6 KB 
ID:	1883
    If you ask lots of similar questions he may suggest you message the team. If that happens, just try some different questions instead.

If you think you should have received a better response, let us know by copying/pasting your question and WattBot’s answer in the replies below.

Or, if it’s easier, take a screengrab and add it as a pic.

Thanks everyone for helping out.
    Last edited by Al O; 18-03-19 at 13:16.
  • Hi everyone

We want to carry out some minor surgery on WattBot, our virtual assistant.

Watt currently answers around two thirds of questions from Pure Planet Members, but we reckon we can make him even better!

It would be great if Members of our community can help out by putting Watt to the test.

We want to know about those times when he replies with an unexpected or unhelpful answer. If you’re up for helping us out, head over to WattBot in the app by tapping Menu > Help > Ask WattBot.

Ask Watt anything you can think of about energy, your PP account or reading your meter.

It’s OK, WattBot loves questions and won’t get annoyed if you really go to town.

For example, if you ask Watt about Amazon Vouchers he doesn’t appear to have heard of them.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tap on Ask WattBot-small.jpg 
Views:	267 
Size:	37.6 KB 
ID:	1883
    If you ask lots of similar questions he may suggest you message the team. If that happens, just try some different questions instead.

If you think you should have received a better response, let us know by copying/pasting your question and WattBot’s answer in the replies below.

Or, if it’s easier, take a screengrab and add it as a pic.

Thanks everyone for helping out.
  • WattBot could remind people that they pay 1 month in advance?
    Attached Images Attached Images  
  • WattBot could remind people that they pay 1 month in advance?
  • That's a great example @Lenny, thanks - I've added it to my list
  • That's a great example @Lenny, thanks - I've added it to my list
  • I don't like the "hold music hell" it's both unprofessional, and grammatically nonsensical.
    If you were insistent on using such an awful phrase it should say "in hold music hell" not "on...

The phrase could well irritate in other ways, if someone thinks they need a call centre then telling them they don't isn't going to help.
    In my opinion it should say
    Modern, digital and smart,- no waiting for a call centre (and no on-hold music!)
    The last part in () is optional.

I'm astounded if it gets 2/3, I think wattbot's definition of a successfully answered question may differ from mine.
    Here is my first attempt.
    None of the replies pointed me to a breakdown of a bill.

Name:  mybill-wattbot.jpg
Views: 253
Size:  20.7 KB
  • I don't like the "hold music hell" it's both unprofessional, and grammatically nonsensical.
    If you were insistent on using such an awful phrase it should say "in hold music hell" not "on...

The phrase could well irritate in other ways, if someone thinks they need a call centre then telling them they don't isn't going to help.
    In my opinion it should say
    Modern, digital and smart,- no waiting for a call centre (and no on-hold music!)
    The last part in () is optional.

I'm astounded if it gets 2/3, I think wattbot's definition of a successfully answered question may differ from mine.
    Here is my first attempt.
    None of the replies pointed me to a breakdown of a bill.

Name:  mybill-wattbot.jpg
Views: 253
Size:  20.7 KB
  • Questions about estimated readings frequently crop up in the community. Neither WB's answer, nor the 'Community' link it provides, makes clear that whilst an email reminder and app circle arrive 3 days before the due date, meter readings can be left until the actual due date if customers wish to avoid an estimated reading.
  • Questions about estimated readings frequently crop up in the community. Neither WB's answer, nor the 'Community' link it provides, makes clear that whilst an email reminder and app circle arrive 3 days before the due date, meter readings can be left until the actual due date if customers wish to avoid an estimated reading.
  • LATER THOUGHT..
    One for a long way in the future?

Given that wattbot is likely to be used on a touch-screen device, may I suggest as a future (intuitive) improvement that this text should say I think I can help, please select (or click on?) one of the below or reply with the number.

I appreciate this would be a major change in functionality but it is (or would be) intuitive to click on the replies.....Obviously the replies would then have to be line spaced to suit

one for a long way in the future then...

This raises another question about functionality, shouldn't wattbot give web links to relevant web pages within the community? A win if topic exists and it makes people aware that the answewr may well exist in the community, or they could get help there?
  • LATER THOUGHT..
    One for a long way in the future?

Given that wattbot is likely to be used on a touch-screen device, may I suggest as a future (intuitive) improvement that this text should say I think I can help, please select (or click on?) one of the below or reply with the number.

I appreciate this would be a major change in functionality but it is (or would be) intuitive to click on the replies.....Obviously the replies would then have to be line spaced to suit

one for a long way in the future then...

This raises another question about functionality, shouldn't wattbot give web links to relevant web pages within the community? A win if topic exists and it makes people aware that the answewr may well exist in the community, or they could get help there?
  • Hello @Al O

Here’s where I believe WB should be improved, based on the posts to the community from frustrated members:

1. Given that WB looks to all the world like a Live Chat system, but isn’t, you need to go the extra mile to make that message clearer.

2. When you select Help from the app the WB text says:

“If WattBot can’t help, one of our team will get back to you”.

No they won’t! Because you haven’t prompted users to enter the magic phrase ‘message the team’. I fully understand that you only want members to do this as a last resort, but you have to balance that against the frustration of new joiners who haven’t yet stumbled upon this vital piece of information.

3. A response time of 2 working days is a frustrating amount of time to wait if you have a problem, so what can be done to reduce this?
  • Hello @Al O

Here’s where I believe WB should be improved, based on the posts to the community from frustrated members:

1. Given that WB looks to all the world like a Live Chat system, but isn’t, you need to go the extra mile to make that message clearer.

No they won’t! Because you haven’t prompted users to enter the magic phrase ‘message the team’. I fully understand that you only want members to do this as a last resort, but you have to balance that against the frustration of new joiners who haven’t yet stumbled upon this vital piece of information.

3. A response time of 2 working days is a frustrating amount of time to wait if you have a problem, so what can be done to reduce this?
  • Hi @AI O,
    I think that taking a look at how repetitive the questions are on the Community will give you some ideas. There seems to be a lot of questions asking the same thing - many people don't realise how to contact you. As you are a new model energy company it seems to cause frustration and even quite unfounded rudeness.
    Look forward to seeing the changes. 😁
  • Hi @AI O,
    I think that taking a look at how repetitive the questions are on the Community will give you some ideas. There seems to be a lot of questions asking the same thing - many people don't realise how to contact you. As you are a new model energy company it seems to cause frustration and even quite unfounded rudeness.
  • Quote Originally Posted by Scubaseahorse View Post
    Hi @AI O,

Hello @Al O

Taking the suggestion @Scubaseahorse has put forward, could you not use AI techniques to scrape the community posts and so discover what questions are asked the most?
  • Quote Originally Posted by Scubaseahorse View Post
    Hi @AI O,

Hello @Al O

Taking the suggestion @Scubaseahorse has put forward, could you not use AI techniques to scrape the community posts and so discover what questions are asked the most?
  • Quote Originally Posted by Lenny View Post
    Hello @Al O

This this this!

Two days in unacceptable for more urgent queries IMO. But I also appreciate people which just click a 'escalate this' button if there's an option for that
  • Quote Originally Posted by Lenny View Post
    Hello @Al O

This this this!

Two days in unacceptable for more urgent queries IMO. But I also appreciate people which just click a 'escalate this' button if there's an option for that
  • Hi all

Really endorse the comments about reviewing the questions that are regularly repeated in customer's first posts.

Can you tell us what the usual time delay is when people 'message the team'? Do most get answered in 24 hours, or do most get their answer on the second working day?

I would genuinely be interested to know what people think are questions that people can't wait 48 hours for an answer. I know human nature is that when I have got round to sorting out a question, I like an instant answer, but that's not the same as needing it. That's probably messing up this thread's topic, but I would be interested to know!
    Stephen
  • Hi all

Really endorse the comments about reviewing the questions that are regularly repeated in customer's first posts.

Can you tell us what the usual time delay is when people 'message the team'? Do most get answered in 24 hours, or do most get their answer on the second working day?

I would genuinely be interested to know what people think are questions that people can't wait 48 hours for an answer. I know human nature is that when I have got round to sorting out a question, I like an instant answer, but that's not the same as needing it. That's probably messing up this thread's topic, but I would be interested to know!
    Stephen
  • Thanks all for your suggestions - some great insights here

Yes, I think if we can get WattBot to answer those common queries much better, that reduces the workload on the team. This will then reduce our time in responding to the more complex queries.

We'll be putting Watt through his paces in the coming weeks (cue the 'montage' music!)

Keep those great suggestions coming..

Al.
  • Thanks all for your suggestions - some great insights here

Yes, I think if we can get WattBot to answer those common queries much better, that reduces the workload on the team. This will then reduce our time in responding to the more complex queries.

We'll be putting Watt through his paces in the coming weeks (cue the 'montage' music!)

Keep those great suggestions coming..

Al.
  • Hi , It would help if he worked.
  • Hi , It would help if he worked.
  • Good afternoon Susandixon17,

Just seen your post and curious as a fellow member why you do not think that it works?
    wattBot is obviously subject to ongoing development as noted in these posts.

I guess you know how to contact a team member by first typing "Message the Team" and posting your question.
    By doing this I have always received a response within the 2 day specification time and often sooner.
    If I forget to look back in the APP for the team members response I get a text advising me a response is available.

I'm sure wattBot will continue to improve and the overall clean energy package is a great deal.

Have a great day.
  • Good afternoon Susandixon17,

Just seen your post and curious as a fellow member why you do not think that it works?
    wattBot is obviously subject to ongoing development as noted in these posts.

I guess you know how to contact a team member by first typing "Message the Team" and posting your question.
    By doing this I have always received a response within the 2 day specification time and often sooner.
    If I forget to look back in the APP for the team members response I get a text advising me a response is available.

I'm sure wattBot will continue to improve and the overall clean energy package is a great deal.

Have a great day.
  • I know this has been mentioned previously, there are two major problems both of which need fixing as a priority (in my opinion).
    When I open wattbot, which I just did to check a previous message, I can’t see any of my previous messages or replies. I’m not clear on whether this is intentional or under what circumstances I would or should see them but it needs fixing so that my entire communication history is immediately visible (if for no other reason that my memory is being replaced by computer 🍟!)
    The second gripe is the lack of date/time stamp on all wattbot messages.
    I know there are limitations on dev time etc but both of those are essential and very basic.
  • I know this has been mentioned previously, there are two major problems both of which need fixing as a priority (in my opinion).
    When I open wattbot, which I just did to check a previous message, I can’t see any of my previous messages or replies. I’m not clear on whether this is intentional or under what circumstances I would or should see them but it needs fixing so that my entire communication history is immediately visible (if for no other reason that my memory is being replaced by computer 🍟!)
    The second gripe is the lack of date/time stamp on all wattbot messages.
    I know there are limitations on dev time etc but both of those are essential and very basic.
  • Hi Woz,

wattbot communications should be effective enough to be regarded as the members (two-way) audit trail so yes the lack of date/time stamping should be regarded as essential.

On your first point I can see my previous messages/questions (plus metre photo's) in white font with a blue background and the PPTM's response in a white background with black font. So the alternation of message is clear.
    Sorry have I missed the point...?
    Last edited by Strutt G; 10-04-19 at 21:32.
  • Hi Woz,

wattbot communications should be effective enough to be regarded as the members (two-way) audit trail so yes the lack of date/time stamping should be regarded as essential.

On your first point I can see my previous messages/questions (plus metre photo's) in white font with a blue background and the PPTM's response in a white background with black font. So the alternation of message is clear.
  • yes...no...you haven't missed the point but I've missed the messages! As I said (or at least implied) I don't know if it's a bug but it's not the first time it's happened, I open wattbot and all I see is the single blurb from wattbot no previous messages showing. I have seen them previously, but I haven't done it often enough to try to figure out under what circumstances they appear.
    ​I don't wish to sound critical but this should be rock solid, especially as it's the primary means of communication, and I know it's happened to others.
    Thanks for the reply, appreciated
    Quote Originally Posted by Strutt G View Post
    Hi Woz,

• yes...no...you haven't missed the point but I've missed the messages! As I said (or at least implied) I don't know if it's a bug but it's not the first time it's happened, I open wattbot and all I see is the single blurb from wattbot no previous messages showing. I have seen them previously, but I haven't done it often enough to try to figure out under what circumstances they appear.
    ​I don't wish to sound critical but this should be rock solid, especially as it's the primary means of communication, and I know it's happened to others.
    Thanks for the reply, appreciated
    Quote Originally Posted by Strutt G View Post
    Hi Woz,

• Thanks for all your feedback so far

Just to give you a quick update on WattBot developments around the messaging delays - we have put a fix in place which should prevent the delay in messages appearing. The link that we send you in the SMS text message now links to the main ‘help’ page in the app, where you can go into WattBot and load your latest messages. Previously, there was an issue where going straight into WattBot from the link might mean that you wouldn’t be able to see the message. In certain situations, your message history may also not have appeared.

If you receive an SMS notification from us about a new message, use that new link in the message. Alternatively, in the app, go into Help from the main menu and ‘Ask WattBot’ to see all your messages.

With regard to the message time-stamping - I completely agree and I'm looking to get this in place as soon as possible!

• Thanks for all your feedback so far

Just to give you a quick update on WattBot developments around the messaging delays - we have put a fix in place which should prevent the delay in messages appearing. The link that we send you in the SMS text message now links to the main ‘help’ page in the app, where you can go into WattBot and load your latest messages. Previously, there was an issue where going straight into WattBot from the link might mean that you wouldn’t be able to see the message. In certain situations, your message history may also not have appeared.

If you receive an SMS notification from us about a new message, use that new link in the message. Alternatively, in the app, go into Help from the main menu and ‘Ask WattBot’ to see all your messages.

With regard to the message time-stamping - I completely agree and I'm looking to get this in place as soon as possible!

• Quote Originally Posted by Al O View Post
    Thanks for all your feedback so far

Just to give you a quick update on WattBot developments................

Hi AI O,

I've actually just sent a private message to Marc & Nataly regarding the Date /Time stamping........then I noticed your last update........any more news on this ??
    Last edited by Gray4276; 08-05-19 at 15:57. Reason: Spelling
    Gray4276
  • Quote Originally Posted by Al O View Post
    Thanks for all your feedback so far

Just to give you a quick update on WattBot developments................

Hi AI O,

I've actually just sent a private message to Marc & Nataly regarding the Date /Time stamping........then I noticed your last update........any more news on this ??
    Gray4276
  • Hi @Gray4276,

I was literally talking with the tech team about this yesterday. I'm sorry I don't have an eta at the moment, but once I know more I will let you know.
  • Hi @Gray4276,

I was literally talking with the tech team about this yesterday. I'm sorry I don't have an eta at the moment, but once I know more I will let you know.