• No proper bills yet

I have repeatedly sent in meter readings.. Every time I do I get a message on the app saying this looks low please check... Each monthe Pure Planet take the same amount of money from my direct debit regardless of the reading... This company really is the worst
    Tap below to see the best answer
  • I have repeatedly sent in meter readings.. Every time I do I get a message on the app saying this looks low please check... Each monthe Pure Planet take the same amount of money from my direct debit regardless of the reading... This company really is the worst
    Tap below to see the best answer

• Best Answer

hi Bill Carroll
    First of all forget the message, there is a bug causing these, and this is being worked on, but even so it's only a way to get you to check you've entered the correct readings. When the bug is fixed you might get the message if your readings really are too low. So nothing to worry about there.

Let me explain the way PP (and most other energy companies) work, because it seems from your post that what is happening is unexpected.
    When you join PP they or you estimate how much energy you're going to use over the coming year. (as do other energy companies)
    With PP the payments are split monthly such that you pay slightly more in the colder months (as described in other reply)
    Your payment is fixed Oct-March then Apr-Sep - hooray it's less in April!

but here is the important part YOU ONLY PAY FOR THE ENERGY YOU USE.

When you submit readings preferably once a month when you get the reminder, those readings will appear on your statement, and any days between when you submit and the statement date will be estimated (usually quite accurately).
    The charges for your energy and membership fee are calculated and taken from your balance, your DD is added to the balance, and the final figure is what you owe or what they owe you.
    Under usual normal circumstances there should be around about a months credit on your statement as the DD is taken at the start of the charging period unless you've changed the DD date.
    You don't pay on demand for what you use, that's called a prepayment meter.
    Your balance is reviewed every 6 months and the DD adjusted or arrangements for a refund made etc.

Just to check Bill, you should get a statement once a month on your statement date which is a month after your switch and each month thereafter, have you had statements?
    If you need help with anything please post back.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Carroll View Post
    I have repeatedly sent in meter readings.. Every time I do I get a message on the app saying this looks low please check... Each monthe Pure Planet take the same amount of money from my direct debit regardless of the reading... This company really is the worst
  • hi Bill Carroll
    First of all forget the message, there is a bug causing these, and this is being worked on, but even so it's only a way to get you to check you've entered the correct readings. When the bug is fixed you might get the message if your readings really are too low. So nothing to worry about there.

Let me explain the way PP (and most other energy companies) work, because it seems from your post that what is happening is unexpected.
    When you join PP they or you estimate how much energy you're going to use over the coming year. (as do other energy companies)
    With PP the payments are split monthly such that you pay slightly more in the colder months (as described in other reply)
    Your payment is fixed Oct-March then Apr-Sep - hooray it's less in April!

but here is the important part YOU ONLY PAY FOR THE ENERGY YOU USE.

When you submit readings preferably once a month when you get the reminder, those readings will appear on your statement, and any days between when you submit and the statement date will be estimated (usually quite accurately).
    The charges for your energy and membership fee are calculated and taken from your balance, your DD is added to the balance, and the final figure is what you owe or what they owe you.
    Under usual normal circumstances there should be around about a months credit on your statement as the DD is taken at the start of the charging period unless you've changed the DD date.
    You don't pay on demand for what you use, that's called a prepayment meter.
    Your balance is reviewed every 6 months and the DD adjusted or arrangements for a refund made etc.

Just to check Bill, you should get a statement once a month on your statement date which is a month after your switch and each month thereafter, have you had statements?
    If you need help with anything please post back.

• Hi, the app says your reading is low automatically, just ignore that, it's just a safeguard.
    As regards to your DDs- when you signed up PP would 've informed you what your DDs would be every month. Same amount for 6 months over the winter (higher amount) and 6 months same amount over summer ( lower amount.).
    DDs don't vary month to month.
  • Hi, the app says your reading is low automatically, just ignore that, it's just a safeguard.
    As regards to your DDs- when you signed up PP would 've informed you what your DDs would be every month. Same amount for 6 months over the winter (higher amount) and 6 months same amount over summer ( lower amount.).
    DDs don't vary month to month.

• Check this post thread out...
    https://community.purepla.net/thread...5929#post25929
    Shame you feel that way..lots of support if you just have a gander.
    Sorry it's working really well for me if not the best energy experience I've had.
    Look out for further support and advice it really is not that bad.
    All the best
    Last edited by Strutt G; 16-03-19 at 20:42.
  • Check this post thread out...
    https://community.purepla.net/thread...5929#post25929
    Shame you feel that way..lots of support if you just have a gander.
    Sorry it's working really well for me if not the best energy experience I've had.
    Look out for further support and advice it really is not that bad.
    All the best

• No I have not ever had a statement
  • No I have not ever had a statement

• Hi Bill,

So you have been a member for over 1 month?
    You've never had an email after your joining date anniversary?
    Attached to that email would of been your statement that needs to be opened?
    You've checked your email account junk folder?

If non of the above assists, proceed to contact a PP team member via th APP.
    Go to help and open wattBot, first type "Message the Team" and advise that you have not recieved your statement/s.
    Response within 2 days back in the APP.

Hope you get sorted and look out for more feedback
  • Hi Bill,

So you have been a member for over 1 month?
    You've never had an email after your joining date anniversary?
    Attached to that email would of been your statement that needs to be opened?
    You've checked your email account junk folder?

If non of the above assists, proceed to contact a PP team member via th APP.
    Go to help and open wattBot, first type "Message the Team" and advise that you have not recieved your statement/s.
    Response within 2 days back in the APP.

Hope you get sorted and look out for more feedback

• Thanks for the threads.. I now understand that the message telling me my reading looks low is a glitch...no problem. I now also understand why I pay the same amount each month, also no problem. I have never had any emails since the erroneous switch was sorted, certainly no "anniversary" mesage. I have never had a statement. I still stand by my opinion that this is a dreadful service.
  • Thanks for the threads.. I now understand that the message telling me my reading looks low is a glitch...no problem. I now also understand why I pay the same amount each month, also no problem. I have never had any emails since the erroneous switch was sorted, certainly no "anniversary" mesage. I have never had a statement. I still stand by my opinion that this is a dreadful service.

• Quote Originally Posted by Bill Carroll View Post
    Thanks for the threads.. I now understand that the message telling me my reading looks low is a glitch...no problem. I now also understand why I pay the same amount each month, also no problem. I have never had any emails since the erroneous switch was sorted, certainly no "anniversary" mesage. I have never had a statement. I still stand by my opinion that this is a dreadful service.
    Hi Bill

I think the regular responders on the community are genuinely baffled by your experience. The switch is confirmed by an email; the monthly statements go to the same email address. So if you get the first, you should get the monthly follow ups.

Logically, if they are not in your spam folder, then there could be a glitch at the Pure Planet end. Have you communicated this to Pure Planet by going to Help, clicking on Wattbot putting 'message the team'in the subject line and then explaining the problem? They then promise to get back to you within two working days. Surely worth a try?

Stephen
  • Quote Originally Posted by Bill Carroll View Post
    Thanks for the threads.. I now understand that the message telling me my reading looks low is a glitch...no problem. I now also understand why I pay the same amount each month, also no problem. I have never had any emails since the erroneous switch was sorted, certainly no "anniversary" mesage. I have never had a statement. I still stand by my opinion that this is a dreadful service.
    Hi Bill

I think the regular responders on the community are genuinely baffled by your experience. The switch is confirmed by an email; the monthly statements go to the same email address. So if you get the first, you should get the monthly follow ups.

Logically, if they are not in your spam folder, then there could be a glitch at the Pure Planet end. Have you communicated this to Pure Planet by going to Help, clicking on Wattbot putting 'message the team'in the subject line and then explaining the problem? They then promise to get back to you within two working days. Surely worth a try?

Stephen

• Hi @Bill Carroll
    Welcome to the community! Thanks for posting, and nice one @woz @Angelabikerbabe @Strutt G @stephenrand for helping out a new Member
    As the others have said, the amount you pay by Direct Debit comes from your quote, using your estimated annual energy use info you provided when joining.
    After you've been on supply for a while we can adjust those based on your actual energy use.
    The lack of a monthly statement isn't right though. It should be emailed to you on the same date every month, just after your monthly billing period ends (that's the date of the month you came on supply with PP).
    I've flagged this up wiht our Member services team. They've got your chat message and they're checking this out.
    They'll sort it for you
    Community Manager - Pure Planet

• Hi @Bill Carroll
    Welcome to the community! Thanks for posting, and nice one @woz @Angelabikerbabe @Strutt G @stephenrand for helping out a new Member
    As the others have said, the amount you pay by Direct Debit comes from your quote, using your estimated annual energy use info you provided when joining.
    After you've been on supply for a while we can adjust those based on your actual energy use.
    The lack of a monthly statement isn't right though. It should be emailed to you on the same date every month, just after your monthly billing period ends (that's the date of the month you came on supply with PP).
    I've flagged this up wiht our Member services team. They've got your chat message and they're checking this out.
    They'll sort it for you

• Oh the irony, a Bill with no bills..
    Did you check your emails as suggested? If there has been an error at the PP end it'll get sorted.
    Is there more to this than we know? What is the erroneous switch story?
    The anniversary should read monthlversary (apologies if there is a better word), the reminder to submit readings comes by email and then the statement a few days later by email.Statement date is one month after you switched and every month thereafter.

I always stand by my opinions, I like to guard them in case one escapes, but no big deal if one gets away as another opinion soon comes along to replace it.

Last edited by woz; 18-03-19 at 18:21.
  • Oh the irony, a Bill with no bills..
    Did you check your emails as suggested? If there has been an error at the PP end it'll get sorted.
    Is there more to this than we know? What is the erroneous switch story?
    The anniversary should read monthlversary (apologies if there is a better word), the reminder to submit readings comes by email and then the statement a few days later by email.Statement date is one month after you switched and every month thereafter.

I always stand by my opinions, I like to guard them in case one escapes, but no big deal if one gets away as another opinion soon comes along to replace it.

• I have not received a statement either no proper bills and no statements and no proper contact ,time to switch all seems a bit strange
    Last edited by Marc; 25-03-19 at 09:34. Reason: Removing profanity
  • I have not received a statement either no proper bills and no statements and no proper contact ,time to switch all seems a bit strange

• Good afternoon Judojack,

Out of curiosity what led you to PP?
    The "proper contact".... the contact method was clear to me before I joined....and understood that the "PP offer" was based on a cost effective approach to providing our CLEAN energy, without a call centre, but supplying our cost price energy and with no mark up as the pay off.

Um I thought..no call centre that could be frustrating, but to be honest my experience has been really good. Ok the responses are not instant, but the amount of information available is very informative. I'm not patient by nature and have accepted that PP do things a little different, but I knew this from the offset!

I guess you must of read how to contact PP to get a teams members response as constantly posted in this forum?
    If you have a problem with your monthly emailed statement not arriving then you you have the choice to utilise wattBot?
    I agree its different, the response is not instant but thats the contact method advertised on the tin.

Sorry I've waffled and have a great weekend.
  • Good afternoon Judojack,

Out of curiosity what led you to PP?
    The "proper contact".... the contact method was clear to me before I joined....and understood that the "PP offer" was based on a cost effective approach to providing our CLEAN energy, without a call centre, but supplying our cost price energy and with no mark up as the pay off.

Um I thought..no call centre that could be frustrating, but to be honest my experience has been really good. Ok the responses are not instant, but the amount of information available is very informative. I'm not patient by nature and have accepted that PP do things a little different, but I knew this from the offset!

I guess you must of read how to contact PP to get a teams members response as constantly posted in this forum?
    If you have a problem with your monthly emailed statement not arriving then you you have the choice to utilise wattBot?
    I agree its different, the response is not instant but thats the contact method advertised on the tin.

Sorry I've waffled and have a great weekend.

• hi judojack

The first statement arrives by email one month after you switch in, read on..
    The statement is a pdf in an email. That is effectively your bill (although it isn't a bill it's a statement, you don't get bills because you're paying a fixed amount, you get a statement of how far you're in credit or debit and the charges for the energy used)

**Proper contact as you call it is possible via help in the app, ask wattbot, type "message the team" and ask. Replies usually take a day or 2
    PP don't have call centres, it keeps costs down. There are no penalties for switching out if that is a huge problem for you, but it shouldn't be as there are means of communication.

The countdown to your switch appears in the app also you should get a welcome pack by email

The only way to switch to PP is with the app, if you go through a comparison website you still have to use the app. If you haven't switched using the app then you haven't switched.

I don't know what you mean by time to switch, that is a standard 17 days unless there are problems identifying the property/meter

You said "either" presumably because you posted THIS heplful post in a completely random part of the community.

I'm sensing that you're frustrated...
    We like to help each other in the community, a post saying that PP are **** doesn't really help us to help you, can you post some specifics as to what you think hasn't worked for you. PP will listen and fix it if they can.

It would have been better for both you and the community if both posts were together, makes it easier for us to try to guess what the problem is.
    Looking at your previous posts, it seems that you had helpful replies and presumably your gas meter issue is now resolved?
    So... to move on from what probably seem like patronising comments above (but aren't intended to be)
    If you aren't getting statements yet and you've been with PP over a month, that needs to be fixed, follow instructions ** above and that will be fixed if it's broken.
    I assume you are getting PP emails, welcome pack, reminder for meter reading 3 days before your statement date etc. if not check your spam etc and if you still have probs with this follow above advice

Quote Originally Posted by Judojack View Post
    I have not received a statement either that’s because pure planet are **** no proper bills and no statements and no proper contact ,time to switch all seems a bit strange
    Last edited by woz; 23-03-19 at 14:41.
  • hi judojack

The first statement arrives by email one month after you switch in, read on..
    The statement is a pdf in an email. That is effectively your bill (although it isn't a bill it's a statement, you don't get bills because you're paying a fixed amount, you get a statement of how far you're in credit or debit and the charges for the energy used)

**Proper contact as you call it is possible via help in the app, ask wattbot, type "message the team" and ask. Replies usually take a day or 2
    PP don't have call centres, it keeps costs down. There are no penalties for switching out if that is a huge problem for you, but it shouldn't be as there are means of communication.

The countdown to your switch appears in the app also you should get a welcome pack by email

The only way to switch to PP is with the app, if you go through a comparison website you still have to use the app. If you haven't switched using the app then you haven't switched.

I don't know what you mean by time to switch, that is a standard 17 days unless there are problems identifying the property/meter

You said "either" presumably because you posted THIS heplful post in a completely random part of the community.

I'm sensing that you're frustrated...
    We like to help each other in the community, a post saying that PP are **** doesn't really help us to help you, can you post some specifics as to what you think hasn't worked for you. PP will listen and fix it if they can.

It would have been better for both you and the community if both posts were together, makes it easier for us to try to guess what the problem is.
    Looking at your previous posts, it seems that you had helpful replies and presumably your gas meter issue is now resolved?
    So... to move on from what probably seem like patronising comments above (but aren't intended to be)
    If you aren't getting statements yet and you've been with PP over a month, that needs to be fixed, follow instructions ** above and that will be fixed if it's broken.
    I assume you are getting PP emails, welcome pack, reminder for meter reading 3 days before your statement date etc. if not check your spam etc and if you still have probs with this follow above advice

Quote Originally Posted by Judojack View Post
    I have not received a statement either that’s because pure planet are **** no proper bills and no statements and no proper contact ,time to switch all seems a bit strange

• Quote Originally Posted by Judojack View Post
    I have not received a statement either no proper bills and no statements and no proper contact ,time to switch all seems a bit strange
    Hi @Judojack
    When did you switch to Pure Planet?

• Quote Originally Posted by Judojack View Post
    I have not received a statement either no proper bills and no statements and no proper contact ,time to switch all seems a bit strange
    Hi @Judojack
    When did you switch to Pure Planet?