• Best time to submit readings to get *actual* readings on invoice

Good morning all!

I submit my readings on the penultimate as well as the last day of each period, both days around 0900am. When the bill arrived, the last electricity reading is carried over on the bill and shows as an actual reading, whereas the gas reading submitted at the same time is ignored and instead an estimate reading is used on the bill.

My question is what time should I submit my period closing readings so both show up as actual readings?

I know it doesn’t make much difference in the final bill, but I simply want actual readings on the bill.

many thanks for your help!
    Tap below to see the best answer
    Last edited by DutchCaerleon; 15-03-19 at 10:20. Reason: pressed enter by mistake
  • Good morning all!

I submit my readings on the penultimate as well as the last day of each period, both days around 0900am. When the bill arrived, the last electricity reading is carried over on the bill and shows as an actual reading, whereas the gas reading submitted at the same time is ignored and instead an estimate reading is used on the bill.

My question is what time should I submit my period closing readings so both show up as actual readings?

I know it doesn’t make much difference in the final bill, but I simply want actual readings on the bill.

many thanks for your help!
    Tap below to see the best answer

• Best Answer

Hi, I submit my readings the day Before PP state is the last day . It's normally pm/tea time and I have not had any estimated readings.👍
  • Hi, I submit my readings the day Before PP state is the last day . It's normally pm/tea time and I have not had any estimated readings.👍

• Hi there

Slightly guessing at your question, but I know some people submit their meter readings as close as possible to their statement date - ie late the day before - to try and avoid the estimate for the extra day or two. I don't really understand why! It's slightly annoying to have your display of meter readings clogged up with estimates, but I prefer to send in the readings when it's most convenient to me!

So you can do what suits you!!

Hope that helps
    Stephen
  • Hi there

Slightly guessing at your question, but I know some people submit their meter readings as close as possible to their statement date - ie late the day before - to try and avoid the estimate for the extra day or two. I don't really understand why! It's slightly annoying to have your display of meter readings clogged up with estimates, but I prefer to send in the readings when it's most convenient to me!

So you can do what suits you!!

Hope that helps
    Stephen

• Hi Stephen,
    thanks. I submit my readings the day before and on ‘statement day’. One reading shows as actual, the other as estimate. I just want the readings to be accurate/actual and Pure Planet to provide clarity what time on period closing day we need to submit the gas reading for it to show up as actual.
  • Hi Stephen,
    thanks. I submit my readings the day before and on ‘statement day’. One reading shows as actual, the other as estimate. I just want the readings to be accurate/actual and Pure Planet to provide clarity what time on period closing day we need to submit the gas reading for it to show up as actual.

• I'm in the same position as the OP. And it's a little tricky to tell where I am at the moment. I think I'll need to increase my DD but as I'm still new and entirely in winter months it could balance out. Not sure that will be the case though as my electric spend per month is higher than the total DD for summer months!
  • I'm in the same position as the OP. And it's a little tricky to tell where I am at the moment. I think I'll need to increase my DD but as I'm still new and entirely in winter months it could balance out. Not sure that will be the case though as my electric spend per month is higher than the total DD for summer months!

• Hi Y'all,

It really does not matter, it makes no difference and just a mind set.
    My statement this month has an estimated 1 day which which equates to £00.72 pence including VAT.
    If I had set the alarm clock for that perfect actual day reading time then funny enough it would of been the same.
    If it was not exactly the same I would be in credit or debit usage by a few pence.

I've seen some suppliers provide actual readings but do not exactly match their billing date so should of been estimated.
  • Hi Y'all,

It really does not matter, it makes no difference and just a mind set.
    My statement this month has an estimated 1 day which which equates to £00.72 pence including VAT.
    If I had set the alarm clock for that perfect actual day reading time then funny enough it would of been the same.
    If it was not exactly the same I would be in credit or debit usage by a few pence.

I've seen some suppliers provide actual readings but do not exactly match their billing date so should of been estimated.

• Hi @DutchCaerleon,

I submit mine on the 'submit by' date and do not get any estimated readings - it makes for a nice tidy bill

When I receive the email I use the date as shown.

Go to your app and tap in your meter readings by 'date'.
    Last edited by Scubaseahorse; 15-03-19 at 13:25. Reason: mistake
  • Hi @DutchCaerleon,

I submit mine on the 'submit by' date and do not get any estimated readings - it makes for a nice tidy bill

When I receive the email I use the date as shown.

Go to your app and tap in your meter readings by 'date'.