• Energy in Schools

Does Pure Planet visit schools to talk about the science of Energy and/or talk about saving energy for the next generation?
  • Does Pure Planet visit schools to talk about the science of Energy and/or talk about saving energy for the next generation?
  • Hi @Ange
    This sounds like a something we'd love to do! Great idea
    Where's the school?
    Community Manager - Pure Planet

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
  • Hi @Ange
    This sounds like a something we'd love to do! Great idea
    Where's the school?

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
  • Hi Marc, unfortunately we're up in Cheshire. I'm only a parent, but I think it would be a great idea as a lot of primary schools are starting to concentrate more on the sciences and our school has a progressive newish headteacher who is certainly going down this route with introducing STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) to our school. Maybe Bath schools also have something similar?
  • Hi Marc, unfortunately we're up in Cheshire. I'm only a parent, but I think it would be a great idea as a lot of primary schools are starting to concentrate more on the sciences and our school has a progressive newish headteacher who is certainly going down this route with introducing STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) to our school. Maybe Bath schools also have something similar?
  • That would be a great idea. My granddaughters school would love that. They are in Trowbridge, Wilts.
  • That would be a great idea. My granddaughters school would love that. They are in Trowbridge, Wilts.
  • It sounds like a good idea, maybe PP could " train " some members, who would be willing to go to local schools to give these talks
  • It sounds like a good idea, maybe PP could " train " some members, who would be willing to go to local schools to give these talks
  • Maybe as time goes by and assuming its locally trialed a big maybe for a larger school audience a pod cast or live web session. Sorry I'm probably out of my tech depth.
  • Maybe as time goes by and assuming its locally trialed a big maybe for a larger school audience a pod cast or live web session. Sorry I'm probably out of my tech depth.
  • Quote Originally Posted by Duppy View Post
    It sounds like a good idea, maybe PP could " train " some members, who would be willing to go to local schools to give these talks
    Fantastic idea @Duppy
    It would be better in terms of carbon savings for as little travel as possible. So yes if Members are up for speaking to their local schools about it. We could provide some visuals/info/goodies for the kids.

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
  • Quote Originally Posted by Duppy View Post
    It sounds like a good idea, maybe PP could " train " some members, who would be willing to go to local schools to give these talks
    Fantastic idea @Duppy
    It would be better in terms of carbon savings for as little travel as possible. So yes if Members are up for speaking to their local schools about it. We could provide some visuals/info/goodies for the kids.

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
  • Quote Originally Posted by Scubaseahorse View Post
    That would be a great idea. My granddaughters school would love that. They are in Trowbridge, Wilts.
    Just down the road from us!
    I'm sure we can make this happen @Scubaseahorse
    I'll round up some PP volunteers. Are you OK to check with the school, to be sure they're up for it?

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
  • Quote Originally Posted by Scubaseahorse View Post
    That would be a great idea. My granddaughters school would love that. They are in Trowbridge, Wilts.
    Just down the road from us!
    I'm sure we can make this happen @Scubaseahorse
    I'll round up some PP volunteers. Are you OK to check with the school, to be sure they're up for it?

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
  • Hi @Marc.
    I have contacted my daughter and she will ask the school. I think it would be great
  • Hi @Marc.
    I have contacted my daughter and she will ask the school. I think it would be great