• Direct debit date change

Hello ..yesterday I contacted the daily mail finance to switch my energy supplier on doing so I asked if I can request the 10 th of each month for direct debit...I was told I could ...moments ago I completed the switch which stated I have to pay on the 1st which is totally inconvenient as I will also have to make a payment of £137 to my previous supplier which is too much taken from my bank account....can you tell me if it’s best I cancel for now & rejoin later ?
    kind regards
    Tap below to see the best answer
  • Hello ..yesterday I contacted the daily mail finance to switch my energy supplier on doing so I asked if I can request the 10 th of each month for direct debit...I was told I could ...moments ago I completed the switch which stated I have to pay on the 1st which is totally inconvenient as I will also have to make a payment of £137 to my previous supplier which is too much taken from my bank account....can you tell me if it’s best I cancel for now & rejoin later ?
    kind regards
    Tap below to see the best answer

• Best Answer

Hi there

Welcome to the Pure Planet community! We're fellow customers who do what we can to help.

The whole way Pure Planet works is that you pay in advance for your energy, so a first direct debit is taken the day your switch is completed. This obviously means there can be an overlap with your previous supplier until both companies receive and accept the agreed reading for your switch point - which can take up to six weeks.

If you are in credit with your previous supplier, you could contact them and ask for your direct debit to be reduced to a nominal sum pending the final account.

Once you are with Pure Planet, you can change your direct debit date as follows: If you go to the app, click on the three bars at top right, go to Balance and Payments, there you will find details of your payments and date of next payment, along with a facility to change the date.

Thus when you have made your first payment, wait until you are less than a month away from the date you want to pay, make the change, and you should find that you will go 6-7 weeks between your first two payments.

If I've got that wrong someone will post here sharpish!

Hope that helps
    Stephen
  • Hi there

Welcome to the Pure Planet community! We're fellow customers who do what we can to help.

The whole way Pure Planet works is that you pay in advance for your energy, so a first direct debit is taken the day your switch is completed. This obviously means there can be an overlap with your previous supplier until both companies receive and accept the agreed reading for your switch point - which can take up to six weeks.

If you are in credit with your previous supplier, you could contact them and ask for your direct debit to be reduced to a nominal sum pending the final account.

Once you are with Pure Planet, you can change your direct debit date as follows: If you go to the app, click on the three bars at top right, go to Balance and Payments, there you will find details of your payments and date of next payment, along with a facility to change the date.

Thus when you have made your first payment, wait until you are less than a month away from the date you want to pay, make the change, and you should find that you will go 6-7 weeks between your first two payments.

If I've got that wrong someone will post here sharpish!

Hope that helps
    Stephen

• Hell @Cantona777,

Welcome to the community!

You will find the information you need to get Pure Planet to change the date of your direct debit at this link:

https://community.purepla.net/conten...date#ckb_start

If you want to go the cancel/rejoin route, then time taken to switch is usually 17 days, unless there are any problems, such as a dispute between the suppliers regarding opening meter readings.

So you could time your rejoin request to be 17 days before the 10th of the following month.
  • Hell @Cantona777,

Welcome to the community!

You will find the information you need to get Pure Planet to change the date of your direct debit at this link:

https://community.purepla.net/conten...date#ckb_start

If you want to go the cancel/rejoin route, then time taken to switch is usually 17 days, unless there are any problems, such as a dispute between the suppliers regarding opening meter readings.

So you could time your rejoin request to be 17 days before the 10th of the following month.