• I received a call last month advising me that I was on the list to have a smart meter installed and a booking attempt was made but I was out not near my diary at the time. The lady on the phone told me she would ring me back 2 hours later which never happened and I haven't heard anything since.
  • I received a call last month advising me that I was on the list to have a smart meter installed and a booking attempt was made but I was out not near my diary at the time. The lady on the phone told me she would ring me back 2 hours later which never happened and I haven't heard anything since.

• Still not heard from Magnum

Hi there.

I received a note from @Marc to say magnum would be contacting me. As yet heard nothing? And no reply when I replied to his personal inbox message to me? Anyone have any ideas??
  • Hi there.

I received a note from @Marc to say magnum would be contacting me. As yet heard nothing? And no reply when I replied to his personal inbox message to me? Anyone have any ideas??

• SMART installs in scotland

As it says anyone had one yet?
  • As it says anyone had one yet?

• Hi @Dmacfife
    I've moved your posts here so I can give an update and also so that I'm posting duplicate replies in different places.
    Thanks for offering to part of our Smart pilot.
    At this stage because we don’t have engineers available everywhere, we’re focusing on places were we’ve got lots of members clustered together.

I'm aware that I haven't done an update for a few weeks on how the Smart pilot is progressing. I'm planning on do that this week before the long Easter weekend.
    Community Manager - Pure Planet

• Hi @Dmacfife
    I've moved your posts here so I can give an update and also so that I'm posting duplicate replies in different places.
    Thanks for offering to part of our Smart pilot.
    At this stage because we don’t have engineers available everywhere, we’re focusing on places were we’ve got lots of members clustered together.

I'm aware that I haven't done an update for a few weeks on how the Smart pilot is progressing. I'm planning on do that this week before the long Easter weekend.

• Hi @samoliver9 please see my post above
    Magnum are juggling (if that's the right word ) lots of different locations with a limited number of engineers.
    I'll flag to our Member services that you were told you'd get a call back in 2 hours and heard nothing. That's not good.

• Hi @samoliver9 please see my post above
    Magnum are juggling (if that's the right word ) lots of different locations with a limited number of engineers.
    I'll flag to our Member services that you were told you'd get a call back in 2 hours and heard nothing. That's not good.

• I'd really love to be on the Smart Meter list... Swansea area.
    I have a SMETS 1 from First Util and miss the auto readings and as I have 2 electric cars I'm a "heavy " user...
  • I'd really love to be on the Smart Meter list... Swansea area.
    I have a SMETS 1 from First Util and miss the auto readings and as I have 2 electric cars I'm a "heavy " user...

• Hi

This is my first post here, so please be gentle with me.

I'm due to join PurePlanet in 5 days.

My current supplier installed a SMETS 1 Smart Meter (Landis&Gyr E470) in April 2018. I have rarely had an accurate bill from them since, despite a second engineer coming out in December 2018 to check on the issues I was having.

Initially I was told by the engineer who came out in December that:
    'The comms unit was commissioned, but it was not receiving readings from the meter as the meter was uncommissioned.'

Four months later, I am still having issues and my supplier's current statement regarding the issue is:
    'They are not syncing to our systems and so we are not receiving any meter readings.'

Should PurePlanet and Magnum wish to try the SMETS 2 meters out on someone who is currently facing problems with the SMETS 1 meter, and is therefore happy to be a 'guinea pig,' I'm more than happy to put my name down.

I'm in South Wales, a few miles beyond the end of the M4, so the engineer could probably visit me and Dozer302 from the preceding post on the same day.

Regards
    Gwyndy
    Last edited by Gwyndy; 21-04-19 at 20:09.
  • Hi

My current supplier installed a SMETS 1 Smart Meter (Landis&Gyr E470) in April 2018. I have rarely had an accurate bill from them since, despite a second engineer coming out in December 2018 to check on the issues I was having.

'The comms unit was commissioned, but it was not receiving readings from the meter as the meter was uncommissioned.'

Four months later, I am still having issues and my supplier's current statement regarding the issue is:
    'They are not syncing to our systems and so we are not receiving any meter readings.'

Should PurePlanet and Magnum wish to try the SMETS 2 meters out on someone who is currently facing problems with the SMETS 1 meter, and is therefore happy to be a 'guinea pig,' I'm more than happy to put my name down.

I'm in South Wales, a few miles beyond the end of the M4, so the engineer could probably visit me and Dozer302 from the preceding post on the same day.

Regards
    Gwyndy

• hi Gwyndy (Mark)
    Congratulations if for no other reason than on achieving a readable font in the forum! (where incidentally the emboldened <--(that word is) parts only show that way in the quoted part when I reply...(I've given up with that one)

I'm sure you'll get your meter (or a smets2 software upgrade as some are being changed to smets2 compatible with software/firmware), but it may take a while.
    It's interesting to note that the SM reality hasn't matched the promises but unlike almost anything else you contract for (I was going to say buy as in reality we are all paying for the mess that was smets1, and for smets2), you appear to have no redress whatsoever.
    What's the point of fitting a meter and not commissioning it - was it an underhand way to achieve installation target numbers?
    Not sure if that was gentle....
    Good luck with the switch, most go without issue so you should be OK, but post back if any problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Gwyndy View Post
    Hi

Regards
    Gwyndy
    Last edited by woz; 21-04-19 at 23:26.
  • hi Gwyndy (Mark)
    Congratulations if for no other reason than on achieving a readable font in the forum! (where incidentally the emboldened <--(that word is) parts only show that way in the quoted part when I reply...(I've given up with that one)

I'm sure you'll get your meter (or a smets2 software upgrade as some are being changed to smets2 compatible with software/firmware), but it may take a while.
    It's interesting to note that the SM reality hasn't matched the promises but unlike almost anything else you contract for (I was going to say buy as in reality we are all paying for the mess that was smets1, and for smets2), you appear to have no redress whatsoever.
    What's the point of fitting a meter and not commissioning it - was it an underhand way to achieve installation target numbers?
    Not sure if that was gentle....
    Good luck with the switch, most go without issue so you should be OK, but post back if any problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Gwyndy View Post
    Hi

Regards
    Gwyndy

• Thanks woz.

I've had enough experience of forums to understand that people really shouldn't use the 'default' font and letter size.

I have no idea what happens with the quoted posts, perhaps the forum Admin or someone needs to have a look at the settings?

Mark

• Thanks woz.

I've had enough experience of forums to understand that people really shouldn't use the 'default' font and letter size.

I have no idea what happens with the quoted posts, perhaps the forum Admin or someone needs to have a look at the settings?

Mark

• Hi all
    Here's the latest update on smart meters for the community.
    We've also got a new web form to register your interest in getting one

• Hi all
    Here's the latest update on smart meters for the community.
    We've also got a new web form to register your interest in getting one