• Quote Originally Posted by Marc View Post
    Thanks for this very thorough feedback @P40LGG
    I actually think you're being overly kind! Appreciate your patience and your understanding that new tech has teething issues, but I'm feeding back to our Smart team the lack of confirmation email and the fact that the install took all day!
    The key is keeping customers informed and from my point of view that’s exactly how they handled it.
    This is the whole point of the trials to weed out the issues and fine tune large scale deployment. That’s when the troubles start.

And yes. I work in mobile network technology so I understand the point of feedback both positive and negative. (And sitting around all day waiting on someone to do the checks from hundreds of miles away)

Never had this sort of communication from any of my other service suppliers. So keep up the good work.
    I’ll submit a full feedback once I’m up and running and had sometime to use it all.
  • Quote Originally Posted by Marc View Post
    Thanks for this very thorough feedback @P40LGG
    I actually think you're being overly kind! Appreciate your patience and your understanding that new tech has teething issues, but I'm feeding back to our Smart team the lack of confirmation email and the fact that the install took all day!
    The key is keeping customers informed and from my point of view that’s exactly how they handled it.
    This is the whole point of the trials to weed out the issues and fine tune large scale deployment. That’s when the troubles start.

And yes. I work in mobile network technology so I understand the point of feedback both positive and negative. (And sitting around all day waiting on someone to do the checks from hundreds of miles away)

Never had this sort of communication from any of my other service suppliers. So keep up the good work.
    I’ll submit a full feedback once I’m up and running and had sometime to use it all.

• Hmm. Not on the list in Post 1, but I got a call from Magnum yesterday and am booked in for an install on 25th march, 8am - 1pm time slot.

They did not mention any confirmation via email, just said that I will get a call on the day when the engineers are on their way.
  • Hmm. Not on the list in Post 1, but I got a call from Magnum yesterday and am booked in for an install on 25th march, 8am - 1pm time slot.

They did not mention any confirmation via email, just said that I will get a call on the day when the engineers are on their way.

• Not sure if I need to post this to the PP team or just within this thread ??

This afternoon I received a call from Claire at Magnum regarding the installation of the 2nd gen Smart meters.
    The date and time for installation was agreed for 27th March (a.m.). Everything was going well until...........I told Claire that the installers would be removing my 1st gen Smart meters. At this point I was told that the installation would not be going ahead as my "current" meters would only require a "software update" to bring them up to the relevant standard for classification as 2nd gen Smart meters.
    I have not read anything to this effect, and was under the impression that these 1st gen Smart meters required to be swapped out and replaced with 2nd gen Smart meters. When I registered my interest to PP I included the information regarding my current meters.
    I can only surmise that the PP team were unaware of Magnum's policy regarding "not" swapping out 1st gen Smart meters.
    Does anyone know if Magnum are correct about the possibility of upgrading the software on old 1st gen Smart meters, or are they just "cherry picking" their workload ? If this is possible, will this be undertaken by PP ??
    I'm happy to continue with my "dumb" meter, as it's not really an issue.....however I was looking forward to "upgrading" my equipment. I must point out that Claire was very professional and polite and seemed genuinely disappointed that the work could not go ahead. Has anyone else been told this ??
    Gray4276
  • Not sure if I need to post this to the PP team or just within this thread ??

This afternoon I received a call from Claire at Magnum regarding the installation of the 2nd gen Smart meters.
    The date and time for installation was agreed for 27th March (a.m.). Everything was going well until...........I told Claire that the installers would be removing my 1st gen Smart meters. At this point I was told that the installation would not be going ahead as my "current" meters would only require a "software update" to bring them up to the relevant standard for classification as 2nd gen Smart meters.
    I have not read anything to this effect, and was under the impression that these 1st gen Smart meters required to be swapped out and replaced with 2nd gen Smart meters. When I registered my interest to PP I included the information regarding my current meters.
    I can only surmise that the PP team were unaware of Magnum's policy regarding "not" swapping out 1st gen Smart meters.
    Does anyone know if Magnum are correct about the possibility of upgrading the software on old 1st gen Smart meters, or are they just "cherry picking" their workload ? If this is possible, will this be undertaken by PP ??
    I'm happy to continue with my "dumb" meter, as it's not really an issue.....however I was looking forward to "upgrading" my equipment. I must point out that Claire was very professional and polite and seemed genuinely disappointed that the work could not go ahead. Has anyone else been told this ??
    Gray4276

• I believe pure planet should clarify this as all of the original correspondence relating to the roll out of smart meters from pure planet was that smet1 meters would be replaced. In fact this was a very specific point made by pure planet. Marc, I believe that you owe us an explanation as its clear pure planet are NOT sticking to what they said they would do. Poor show!!!
  • I believe pure planet should clarify this as all of the original correspondence relating to the roll out of smart meters from pure planet was that smet1 meters would be replaced. In fact this was a very specific point made by pure planet. Marc, I believe that you owe us an explanation as its clear pure planet are NOT sticking to what they said they would do. Poor show!!!

• Is it possible to have a Smart Meter installed by pure planet? I had one installed by a previous installer and I'd wondered why the electricity part of the meter didn't seem to work. I now understand that they only work for the company who installed it originally. Thank you !!
  • Is it possible to have a Smart Meter installed by pure planet? I had one installed by a previous installer and I'd wondered why the electricity part of the meter didn't seem to work. I now understand that they only work for the company who installed it originally. Thank you !!

• Quote Originally Posted by Gray4276 View Post
    Not sure if I need to post this to the PP team or just within this thread ??

Hi @Gray4276
    This is the same that has happened to another Member @Ray who is part of our SMETS2 install pilot.
    I'll post my earlier reply here too, as others such as @Abzmrk are also asking - and it's a good question to be fair

Some SMETS1 smart meters will be compatible. We're reliant on the Data and Communications Company (appointed by the Government to build the smart meter network around the UK) to make this happen.
    The DCC has given out some estimates - which you can check out here in our FAQs section.
    Generally-speaking, if there's a chance that a Member's SMETS1 will work, we won't install a SMETS2 as we don't want to be wasting and chucking away technology and hardware which works.
    So Magnum have done the right thing - we're not going to automatically replace 'dumb' meters which are expected to become smart again soon.
    But, for those Members like you and @Ray who've offered to take part in our SMETS2 installation pilot, we'll let Magnum know it's OK to go ahead with the install.

Community Manager - Pure Planet
  • Quote Originally Posted by Gray4276 View Post
    Not sure if I need to post this to the PP team or just within this thread ??

Hi @Gray4276
    This is the same that has happened to another Member @Ray who is part of our SMETS2 install pilot.
    I'll post my earlier reply here too, as others such as @Abzmrk are also asking - and it's a good question to be fair

Some SMETS1 smart meters will be compatible. We're reliant on the Data and Communications Company (appointed by the Government to build the smart meter network around the UK) to make this happen.
    The DCC has given out some estimates - which you can check out here in our FAQs section.
    Generally-speaking, if there's a chance that a Member's SMETS1 will work, we won't install a SMETS2 as we don't want to be wasting and chucking away technology and hardware which works.
    So Magnum have done the right thing - we're not going to automatically replace 'dumb' meters which are expected to become smart again soon.
    But, for those Members like you and @Ray who've offered to take part in our SMETS2 installation pilot, we'll let Magnum know it's OK to go ahead with the install.

Community Manager - Pure Planet

• Hi Marc,
    Thanks for the reply.... I've done a bit more research and agree that "certain" SMETS1 can be updated. So either way I'm happy to wait for the software update, or if you want to instruct Magnum to swap it out... that's ok too.
    Gray4276
  • Hi Marc,
    Thanks for the reply.... I've done a bit more research and agree that "certain" SMETS1 can be updated. So either way I'm happy to wait for the software update, or if you want to instruct Magnum to swap it out... that's ok too.
    Gray4276

• Would be happy to take part in pilot scheme. 👍🏻 Live in the north east Scotland
  • Would be happy to take part in pilot scheme. 👍🏻 Live in the north east Scotland